Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 11:01 AM

2 posts, read 3,983 times

Advertisements

Wife and I will be visiting Naples at the end of the month - very interested in a possible move from the northeast. Having said that we are looking to explore real estate developments ( Riverstone / Fiddlers Creek etc ) as well as get a feel for the area.
I know that the schools in this area of Naples are in somewhat high regard. I would also appreciate opinions on Estera and Bonita Springs - schools and gated communities ,,,, seems u can get much more for your buck up there.
Thanks for the help ,,,, looking to get the best possible initial reflection of the area during my 4 day ( first ) visit. Any guidance would be beneficial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 12:48 PM

351 posts, read 492,523 times
We are currently moving from the Midwest to Naples. We chose an existing home in a developed neighborhood in North Naples. We looked at Riverstone very seriously. It's going to be a lovely neighborhood, especially for families. The build time was one year out, however, and we could not wait that long. If you do look at Riverstone, watch the cost of your options. Know that they won't share their price sheets - and many of the cool features shown in the models would need to be done by outside contractors after your sale has closed.

As for schools, Gulf Coast and Barron Collier seem to be the better performing high schools, and the elementary and junior high schools that feed to them are more well regarded. The high schools in Lee County have an open enrollment. You don't necessarily attend the schools near you - you can pick - but you may not get what you want.

Naples home tend to be priced higher than in Bonita or Estero.

Good luck.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:57 PM

33 posts, read 78,502 times
I recently bought a home in Estero, in a gated community and love it although I am not there full time. Schools aren't an issue for me as my kids won't be attending school there. I love Estero, close enough to everything, great shopping and a really nice area. I also looked at Fiddler's Creek and I loved it, but it was very expensive and their fees were quite high. As a matter of fact they just called me this morning to see if I was still interested. I felt that the they were too south and the shopping was much better in Estero. There are many beautiful communities so take your time and try to get a real feel for the area. Think about what's really important and needed by your family. If you are planning on being by the beach every day then being very close to it might be important. I love the beach but I won't be there everyday so I wouldn't mind driving 20 or 30 minutes to it.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:12 PM

4,791 posts, read 10,615,390 times
Need to narrow down/define 'communities': they range from straight rez, to 'lakes type', to golf communities.

Fiddler's Creek is a golf oriented community, though not a 'bundled'/required golf situ.
Riverstone is indeed a 'fam oriented' new community, partially built out.

Yin and Yang, imo.

Estero/Bonita Springs tend to have slightly better pricing, but comparing closely to similar 'Naples' communities and indivual houses is difficult, in my experience.

What kind of community are you looking for? Kids, and other kids, mostly retired, fams and some kids, golf, tennis only, community pool/clubhouse but no tennis, and on and on.

Budget? $350 - 450, Half and mill and up, etc.?

No kids in school, so I can't even comment on that.

Need to be close to I-75 to hit the RSW airport? Need a commute guess? and, on and on.
Analagous to someone asking, "we are thinking of moving to NY area, what's a good spot"?
More info and specifics will help.

There are pages of good RE sites for 'Naples, Estero/BSprings' with some very good qualifiers and more specific search entries.

The RE gang here will probably DM and chase you.
GL, mD

Old 10-14-2013, 07:37 PM

639 posts, read 1,143,072 times
Not to hijack post but can anyone advise on Condos on the beach in Naples, Bonita Springs, Estero, or anything else in area?? I'd like to do some research. Thanks.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,983 times
In response to motordavid ,,,,, looking for family community ,,, have 2 little ones elementary school age. Budget is between 350 and 450 ,,,, not dependent on major employment as both wife and I have pensions ,,,,,,golf community would be ideal ,,,, but ultimately decision will be moved with kids / education and family environment first in kind ',,,,,,,
Thanks for all the info ,,,

Old 10-18-2013, 07:30 AM

124 posts, read 333,588 times
Tons of family friendly neighborhoods in that price. I would take a look at Delasol which is North Naples or Marbella Lakes in central Naples. Both have a great family appeal.
Marbella is a newer community in a great location with more amenities, indoor and outside basketball courts, tennis courts, games room, gym, great pool an additional kiddie pool,and a small play area. Marbella also has a social director, so their are always events and things to do. Camps for the kids in the summer, ice cream social every early release from school, Halloween parties, Christmas horse rides around the community. Delasol is a larger community, with great homes. Both have been built with families in mind. Neither have golf.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:40 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,791,588 times
I agree with 14homes. That budget gives you plenty of options.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:53 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,791,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Not to hijack post but can anyone advise on Condos on the beach in Naples, Bonita Springs, Estero, or anything else in area?? I'd like to do some research. Thanks.
What do you want to know?

Old 11-03-2013, 07:20 AM

7 posts, read 35,039 times
We moved to Naples from Chicagoland a month ago. It was not an easy move as far as planning (a family of professionals, with two young children, one of them is of school age), but I am so happy we did it.

We live in Valencia Golf and Country Club. To live in a well maintained and safe community, enjoy a panoramic view of the golf course from the comfort of you home, swim in a beautiful pool every morning, golf whenever you wish, have children in a good school right next door and not pay ridiculously high property taxes no way we could find something like that in Chicago or SF Bay area. Not mentioning that this heaven on earth cost us less than 350K. We have lived in some of the best places in the US and abroad and I must say once you move to Naples it will be hard to find a place better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples