Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 05:43 AM

1,627 posts, read 1,711,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russman3000 View Post
I would tack on $150k to the base price of $410k to $670k. So, $560k to $820k. Of course there are a few people who do next to no improvements so that will skew the purchase price. But, then again, lots of people do subsequent improvements (like a pool) that would not be included in the purchase price.
Yes, easily add $150-175K just to get to closing. Then add another $50-$100K to finish the house.

So a $450K base price turns into a $700K house, a $750K base can get to $1M pretty easily.

The bigger the house (2 story with more sq ft vs smaller single story) requires more upgrades before and after closing.

After closing you add your outdoor kitchen, upgrade lighting and plumbing fixtures, have custom built in closets and office furniture, crown molding and window treatment done.

It adds up fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 06:49 AM

731 posts, read 767,978 times
I'm not familiar with communities at your price point that are family friendly. In my opinion, I would not spend 1.5 mil in Riverstone or Stonecreek. They are very nice family friendly communities, but I don't think spending that kind of money there is a good financial move.

DH and I bought our home last November after much researching and looking, and we feel we got a lot more for our budget than we thought. For your budget, you could get a great resale in a better location. From my experience, it is now a buyers market above $400,000 and you could get a great deal with your budget.

My advice is to get a really good realtor in the area that can show you what you can get for your budget in family friendly communities.

Good luck!

Old 04-05-2017, 06:00 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,789,284 times
I'm not sure about kid friendly but look at the Pine Ridge subdivision across from Pelican Bay.

Well established neighborhood close to town.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:20 PM

1,067 posts, read 623,945 times
Thanks for all the recommendations. Any thoughts on Tiburon?

Old 04-05-2017, 02:33 PM

4,790 posts, read 10,611,895 times
Grey Oaks may have some kids...
A good friend lives there in winter season for the past decade and a half, and he mentioned that he is seeing more kids and 'kids aged parents' in the club.

Not inexpensive, but three 18s, two remarkable club houses and related facilities and upscale accouterments.

OP mentioned his kids going to private school(s), but OP may want to consider where those schools are/may be in terms of logistics for getting the kids to school via car. Naples area is crowded for trying to make time across town in morning and afternoon.
GL, mD

Old 04-08-2017, 09:53 AM

69 posts, read 74,765 times
Greetings Jim1921,
Finding a “kid friendly” community in a retirement/vacation town like Naples can be a bit of a conundrum. Especially at the price point you are at.

As much as I like Stonecreek and Riverstone as family friendly communities, I don’t think they are your best option.

Stonecreek, being a new development has very few resales other than the spec homes built by the developer and they are “middle of the road” concerning upgrades. Last I heard it takes almost a year for completion of a home there and I am guessing you would like to be moved in and settled before the school year. On top of that, adding extensive upgrades would make you one of the most if not the most expensive home on the block. Not a good position to be in should you have to sell. Too many upgrades and the home may not appraise if you plan on financing also.

Riverstone is completely built out and currently there is only one resale that is over $1M. Most homes there are between $500K and $800K. I still think it would be worth your while to check it out though as there are some beautiful homes there and it is very affordable. You may decide you can “tough it out” until your next relocation.

The Vineyards would be another community I would check out. Although an older community it has a lot going for it and is centrally located being close to I-75, Physician’s Hospital, The Community School of Naples, SW International Airport, Naples YMCA, beaches, shopping and fine dining. Vineyards Elementary School is also located within the community as is the Vineyards Community Park, two “kid magnets”. There are also optional social and golf memberships available which is always beneficial when it comes time to sell. Single family homes range from $300K up to $3M.

Pelican Marsh is another community I would consider as it also has an elementary school within it and is also centrally located. It is one of the largest gated communities in Naples and stretches from Airport Rd to US 41. Homes run from $500K to $8.5M and golf/social memberships are optional.

I would definitely check out Tiburon. What can I say, it’s the Ritz! There are some great homes there at your price point and again golf and social memberships are optional. It is also centrally located and The North Collier Regional Park/Sun & Fun Lagoon is close by. Although they do not promote themselves as kid friendly they do have a somewhat younger clientele.

Just my opinion but I would not be too hung up on finding a kid friendly neighborhood. From my own Naples experience, my kids found their friends at school, sports and other structured activities. I know when I was a kid it was not unusual for me to be wandering the neighborhood or traveling in “wolf packs” with my friends on our bikes. That would probably be frowned upon today and my parents turned in for child endangerment/neglect!

Last edited by JWatral2016; 04-08-2017 at 10:07 AM..

Old 04-09-2017, 05:49 PM

1,067 posts, read 623,945 times
Thanks for the suggestions, JWatral2016.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:11 AM

97 posts, read 101,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat View Post
How about Four Seasons SE of Sam's club? We previously had a home in there and there seemed to be a pretty good number of families and plenty of security.

In fact there are two nice adjacent neighborhoods that have even more children. It's also very close in and is very quiet yet most homes are on nearly an acre and there are no association fees in Four Season (2013). We ended up moving back down to East Naples as my wife's daily commute to Marco was more than it was worth, especially during season.

There is also a Montessori school on Winterview.

Any thoughts?

10111 Winterview Dr, Naples, FL 34109 - realtor.com®

or (other areas)

9148 The Ln, Naples, FL 34109 - realtor.com®

or this one on Coach house Way which is closer to central Naples:

2838 Coach House Way, Naples, FL 34105 - realtor.com®

There are a few neighborhoods that are not deed restricted and sit on an acre west of 75. My opinion is that the lot size will continue to be more attractive as we build out the area. There aren't many but there are a few with fantastic locations that will only become more attractive. As the "$1M teardowns" go away and replaced with higher end homes, these communities are going to soar. (my opinion)

I agree with 4 seasons, I live in a small community just in front of it (Regent Park) and I love the community behind us. Nice lots, you don't live right on top of each other. Kid friendly neighborhood, enough to run around it and be safe. Down side, they don't have very many street lights and it's kinda dark back there at nice. Could easily find something in your price range. There are actually 2 homes for sale there now that just went up. Little to no crime, good school district.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:10 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,963,110 times
Rivertsone isn't North naples btw.. nor is it close to any beach. I'd consider it out of the way . It's in Golden Gate. You'll be driving down Immokalee Rd (a pain in the you know what in season as it's ALWAYS backed up) or Collier, which is perpetually always under construction. And also super fun in season.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:03 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Rivertsone isn't North naples btw.. nor is it close to any beach. I'd consider it out of the way . It's in Golden Gate. You'll be driving down Immokalee Rd (a pain in the you know what in season as it's ALWAYS backed up) or Collier, which is perpetually always under construction. And also super fun in season.
"Close" is relative. Tell someone from Chicago or Pittsburgh that they could live 20-30 minutes and around 10 miles from a beach and they would probably think it's pretty close. To someone who grew up in Naples proper it probably seems like a big distance away.

I agree Immokalee is busy, as is Pine Ridge, but there are ways to minimize the pain to get across Naples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples