Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 08:09 PM

1,627 posts, read 1,711,766 times

Advertisements

Anyone who has seen my posts knows I live in Riverstone. It is in North Naples, not in Golden Gate. It's not out of the way of anything. It's conveniently located to a ton of things. It's not a long drive to several beaches. I can be on 5th Avenue in less than 30 minutes. I couldn't get more than a few blocks in 30 minutes in Chicago.

Even in season, unless you hit "rush hour" traffic which is a joke compared to any city, Immokalee traffic moves fine unless there is an major accident. Pine Ridge sucks, just avoid it and learn your way around.

Sorry Sweetbottoms, you're way off on this one. Hope you get moved soon to somewhere that makes you happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 11:40 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Actually, Riverstone (and Olde Cypress where I live) is technically GGE not North Naples which stops at I-75. That's a technicality that I agree with. However, Riverstone and the surrounding communities feel like an extension of NN rather than being part of the large lots further out. On city water, sewer, etc.

But in this case, incredibly, I do agree with Sweetbottoms.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:56 AM

1,627 posts, read 1,711,766 times
I stand corrected on the technicality and I see see that NN is west of I-75.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/No...!4d-81.7896381

Riverstone, Olde Cypress, and Stone Creek sure doesn't feel like what I think of as GGE. No big lots or isolated wilderness.

You can drive any direction and get to things quickly. North to Bonita Beach Road (Logan will go through soon so you don't have to take I-75), south on Logan to Vanderbilt or on down to Pine Ridge. West just past I-75 or East to Collier for Publix grocery stores and plenty of restaurants.

They are building a new complex with a grocery store (not sure what yet) at the corner of Logan and Immokalee.

It's not isolated IMO. Pretty easy and relatively fast to get to a lot of things including Mercato, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's.

Just my opinion and I have no beef with Sweetbottoms, I agree with a lot of what she has to say.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:58 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,963,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Actually, Riverstone (and Olde Cypress where I live) is technically GGE not North Naples which stops at I-75. That's a technicality that I agree with. However, Riverstone and the surrounding communities feel like an extension of NN rather than being part of the large lots further out. On city water, sewer, etc.

But in this case, incredibly, I do agree with Sweetbottoms.
And they're about to change County lines too. Anything east of Livingston will soon be Golden Gate Estates also. I believe it's political reasons but I can't be sure. I love the people who wanna say they're NN when they're east of 75. I promise you anything east is 75. Call 911 and they're not dispatching NN fire and EMS to you, they're dispatching GG Fire and EMS. People even in the Vineyards try to persuade they want only NN dispatch and sorry you're GG

Old 06-09-2017, 12:34 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Isn't it Greater Naples or North Collier Fire District?

Old 06-09-2017, 11:55 AM

1,067 posts, read 623,945 times
We like the looks of Riverstone and it seems you get a lot for the money. I am just wondering what traffic will be like with the completed extension on Logan. Will that just bring in more growth and traffic versus being a benefit?

Old 06-10-2017, 09:11 AM

4 posts, read 4,024 times
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...zm/0_mmm/1_fr/

Old Cypress and Riverstone... Nice areas.

Old 06-10-2017, 12:50 PM

121 posts, read 162,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
And they're about to change County lines too. Anything east of Livingston will soon be Golden Gate Estates also. I believe it's political reasons but I can't be sure. I love the people who wanna say they're NN when they're east of 75. I promise you anything east is 75. Call 911 and they're not dispatching NN fire and EMS to you, they're dispatching GG Fire and EMS. People even in the Vineyards try to persuade they want only NN dispatch and sorry you're GG
Actually The Vineyards is in the North Collier Fire District (formally North Naples) and has been for years. So is the Oakes Blvd area, Quail Creek and Longshore Lakes. The fire district line between North Collier and Greater Naples (formally Golden Gate and East Naples) is at Logan Blvd.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:57 PM

22 posts, read 20,476 times
I don't quite understand all the debate regarding the designations?
For Fire, Riverstone & Stonecreek are in the North Collier Fire Zone (Formerly North Naples) and Station 42 is the closest responding fire house. That data is all on the county and the fire district websites and was required for the HO Insurance.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:10 PM

15 posts, read 20,117 times
Riverstone and Quail West are great options. With children I would suggest Riverstone, Mediterra, both nice choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples