Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2008, 12:15 PM

15 posts, read 61,946 times

Advertisements

I live in Naples, FL and have a potential buyer. I will be taking a loss on the condo and will have to take out a personal loan to close the deal. Regardless we want to move back up North with the family and the condo complex I live in was a conversion and still has 140 units left to sell. I can't wait for the market to turn so I am going to try and cut my losses while it is somewhat reasonable.
I had listed with a real estate agent and i jus emailed them to take my listing off the mls. How long does that usually take? My agent said I could do it at any time.
What will i need for paperwork to sell a condo in Collier County? I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me.
thanks,
Matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 03:36 PM

282 posts, read 1,010,402 times
It is my understanding that you can go to any Title Company and they will help you do everything for a small fee. Call a Title Company and they should be able to tell you everything you need to know.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:40 AM

376 posts, read 1,812,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelala View Post
It is my understanding that you can go to any Title Company and they will help you do everything for a small fee. Call a Title Company and they should be able to tell you everything you need to know.

Sorry, that is totally wrong for Collier County properties. In Collier County BUYER chooses where to close, and NO title company can advise any Seller off the street on what documentation he needs -- considered unauthorized practice of law and they can get in serious trouble -- they are not trying to be mean by not sharing information, they don't want to loose their business altogther!. If you find a title company that will give you that information, I would be highly suspicious of their qualifications. You have a realtor in place -- check your contract to make sure you have cancelled correctly, or you may end up with even more costs if the Realtor believes you are violating the contract.

If you want to save on Realtor expenses, maybe you could investigate one of the minimal service companies, like Help-U-Sell. They would be able to provide you with the documentation you need, and keep you off of the "trouble" path.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:05 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,047,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyb0077 View Post
L. Go directly to a RE attorney and put your deal together.
Excellent advice.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:28 AM

374 posts, read 1,631,608 times
You're alright Lilybeans !! !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
Excellent advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: