Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 07:05 PM

38 posts, read 35,312 times

Advertisements

Has anyone used pods or u pack. This seems like a good idea rather than moving company . Looking for your feed back. Also anyone had to ship a car what company did you use? Reality is sinking in loading 30 yard dumpster like a maniac running out of time fast. So any thoughts as to best way to move needed items. Selling most furniture. Bringing stuff that makes wife crazy who has 3 pinball machines well me thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 09:16 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,089,243 times
We're gonna be doing some renovation before selling the house, and need to get a bunch of furniture out to do so, and after the reno is done, just move enough furniture back in to declutter and "stage" it for showing. We can leave the stuff we're not gonna need immediately in pod, and just repack the "staging" furniture back in and have it moved to the new house. We're thinking a Pod or the like would be the way to go.

Old 11-03-2018, 02:16 PM

38 posts, read 35,312 times
Sorry to hear your moving on. Like minded thing - the staging part. Have to see who has what available. Just in from all day dumpster loading alone . This might be one of the hardest things I have done in my life. I have done some harass work in the past but much younger doing it. Are your plans to leve the state. Hope things go your way. And that you have help with the work ahead

Old 11-03-2018, 02:18 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,241,937 times
You may want to get a quote for a full service move just for kicks. If you don’t have that much it may just be a part of a truck. This time of year a lot of people are moving south so maybe you can be the last load to fill a truck up for the drive.

For car hauling your best value will be hub to hub in an open carrier. You get your car picked up, driven to a depot, they then drive the hauler down to somewhere in SW Florida and a smaller carrier picks it up and drops it off to you in Naples. The most expensive option is covered point to point.

Old 11-03-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
We're gonna be doing some renovation before selling the house, and need to get a bunch of furniture out to do so, and after the reno is done, just move enough furniture back in to declutter and "stage" it for showing. We can leave the stuff we're not gonna need immediately in pod, and just repack the "staging" furniture back in and have it moved to the new house. We're thinking a Pod or the like would be the way to go.
Glad you are staging. Getting a pro or doing it yourself?

Naples staging companies are expensive but it was a huge difference for me.

Old 11-03-2018, 02:48 PM

110 posts, read 129,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post

Just out of curiosity how much did staging cost you?

Old 11-03-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kram71 View Post
Just out of curiosity how much did staging cost you?
All the main rooms of the house was $9K. Great room, kitchen, dining room, home office, master, 2 other bedrooms, bathrooms, entry way.

I got other quotes even higher.

Old 11-03-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:

We're not gonna go crazy. Fortunately, we're not competing with too many new construction homes in HOAs. Our close in acreage is the main selling point. We're gonna update the kitchen, the floors, some fixtures and just go through and do anything the house needs. As for the staging, we mainly want to reduce clutter and make it look less lived in.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
We're not gonna go crazy. Fortunately, we're not competing with too many new construction homes in HOAs. Our close in acreage is the main selling point. We're gonna update the kitchen, the floors, some fixtures and just go through and do anything the house needs. As for the staging, we mainly want to reduce clutter and make it look less lived in.
Good point - you won’t get the seasonal senior golfing crowd but someone looking for a good lot size.

You may want to call a stager in and see what they recommend anyway using your own furniture. They will have a critical eye and know the trends. Even if you pay a nominal consulting fee and don’t have them do the work I’d bet it would pay off.

How old is the home now?

Old 11-04-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Good point - you won’t get the seasonal senior golfing crowd but someone looking for a good lot size.
Definitely a different crowd. The best thing is that while we are in GGE, we are west of 951 and 1.5 miles from restaurants, supermarket, gas etc.

Quote:
You may want to call a stager in and see what they recommend anyway using your own furniture. They will have a critical eye and know the trends. Even if you pay a nominal consulting fee and don’t have them do the work I’d bet it would pay off.
It's definitely a consideration. Our realtor is a good friend and will not steer us wrong. The house will be more or less empty for the renovation, so we'll have options.

Quote:
How old is the home now?
20 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples