Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 06:26 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,353,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I don't see $120,000 difference.....
The buyer of the house is the difference..Where do you think that buyer came from? Zillow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
One of the buyers I’ve been working with I’ve taken him on about 15 showings alone, all private showings using the Supra lock key.. well one of the 15 the listing agent insisted on being there... fine I can’t control that...but then he starts trying to sell my buyer on the house and I’m just watching on the sidelines as a spectator and thinking “dude you have no clue what my buyer actually wants and what are the biggest needs and you are already trying to sell him on some cabinets and counter tops aggressively??
So now you're an agent? I thought you were an escrow officer?

And 15 showings? Guess you didn't do a proper buyer's consultation...PM me if you want to come to my classes

Old 07-03-2019, 06:56 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
In a neighborhood of $3 million houses....I still don't see a $120,000 difference

...and I don't see how $18,000 buys a lot less....I know it's split...

just don't see it at all...

Old 07-03-2019, 06:59 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,214,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
So now you're an agent? I thought you were an escrow officer?

And 15 showings? Guess you didn't do a proper buyer's consultation...PM me if you want to come to my classes
I appreciate the offer but sometimes the streets is the best way to learn! Once again it’s not rocket science, at the same time there is absolutely no rhyme or reason when dealing with people and anyone that says there is is full of it!

The problem wasn’t doing the consultation, it’s that what buyer wants most likely doesn’t exist so unless buyer becomes more realistic then I told buyer they should just rent!

Last edited by JPrzybylski07; 07-03-2019 at 07:08 PM..

Old 07-05-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
I appreciate the offer but sometimes the streets is the best way to learn! Once again it’s not rocket science,
Even my ex-rocket scientists who are now agents still come to class.
But if it were that simple, you wouldn't be on here for 3+ pages ranting against realtors while masquerading as one right?

You see, you can't ever be above learning, because that's when you stop growing. Being you're only 30, I get it, you think it seems easy (I'm in my 30's as well, was licensed in my late 20's and it was 'easier' for me too once). A lot of people do. But it really it isn't, running a business is never easy. And when you're in the service business, its much harder than a product business (i.e. ScrubDaddy on shark tank or the like).

As an experienced business owner and broker, I enjoy giving back which includes my time and experience, even when its on forums like this and I know its not going to change your mind.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
But if it were that simple, you wouldn't be on here for 3+ pages ranting against realtors while masquerading as one right?

You see, you can't ever be above learning, because that's when you stop growing. Being you're only 30, I get it, you think it seems easy (I'm in my 30's as well, was licensed in my late 20's and it was 'easier' for me too once). A lot of people do. But it really it isn't, running a business is never easy. And when you're in the service business, its much harder than a product business (i.e. ScrubDaddy on shark tank or the like).

As an experienced business owner and broker, I enjoy giving back which includes my time and experience, even when its on forums like this and I know its not going to change your mind.
It’s actually so simple I think it bores me....... there’s no mystery to the whole profession. You have a small box of what you can and can’t be and you can’t deviate from that box... I hate the status quo... no one stands out... you know who stands out? That ****ing it’s hugeeee Kia guy on our local tv commercials, because he’s crazy and he doesn’t give a ****, he just is having a good time selling cars.

If I’m ever on that level of success like the Kia guy selling real estate it’s going to be because I’m just having a good time without trying too hard... if not it means I’ll be doing something even bigger and better. Win win either way. It’s a take it or leave it attitude. Does the real estate industry need me more or do I need it more... I’d rather be needed more because being needed is power and leverage... that’s what I seek...

Old 07-05-2019, 06:48 PM

And with technology agents are losing power and leverage...

Old 07-06-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
It’s actually so simple I think it bores me....... there’s no mystery to the whole profession. You have a small box of what you can and can’t be and you can’t deviate from that box... I
Then why are you working an entry level escrow processor job and helping out unrealistic buyers? Shouldn't you be dominating the market since its so easy?

Old 07-06-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Then why are you working an entry level escrow processor job and helping out unrealistic buyers? Shouldn't you be dominating the market since its so easy?
Haha that was well over a year ago I left boring title....... like I said I hate the status quo so just doing what every other realtor does is boring and there’s no adventure to it... so I won’t do anything... I’ll let my license passively hang long enough until I can get my brokers license... just so I have it. Maybe I won’t even use my brokers license when I get it because I’ll be working on other different projects...

I never said it was easy. In fact my whole premise is it’s harder today then 10-20+ years ago because of technology making realtors less relevant. Very few realtors make a living let alone a good living because there simply ain’t enough of the pie to go around either.

I would love to find a way to disrupt the industry and flip it upside down, and rock the boat so to speak.. but I haven’t visioned an opportunity like that yet so I just passively hang back and enjoy being a spectator....

The million or billion dollar question is how can you stand out as a broker, because to me they are all the ****ing same.. yea some have their specialized niche but all the main ones around town all just blend in from my perspective ..

That’s why I like that Kia guy, his dealership stands out because he stands out, because he is crazy, and doesn’t put out a fake facade like so many other professional people do....

Last edited by JPrzybylski07; 07-06-2019 at 05:51 PM..

Old 07-07-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:

Just brushing upon on the latest and greatest NABOR market statistics, and YEAR TO DATE through end of May there has only been roughly 4,500 closed transactions... which means at that pace it takes more then half the year to just average 1 transaction per realtor on the board (6,500)... and that’s of course if the amount of transactions were spread across to each realtor equally.

That’s insane the ratio and how out of whack that is....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples