Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 01:07 PM

1,107 posts, read 553,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chgo2NWIndiana View Post
CMgyms, have you looked at South Carolina? I've rented a few times in Folly Beach. Beautiful ocean sand and you can walk there from your home. Many dog friendly restaurants. It's a small beach town of it's own, but you're 45 minutes from downtown Charleston. Saint Simons Island in GA and Gulf Shores, AL are ice too, but I'd pick Folly Beach.

Myrtle Beach has a lot to do for young families. It may be a bit far north for folks who want year-round warmth.

Good luck!
Ah, CVPFord a/k/a Chgo2NWIndiana (along with at least 2 or 3 other screen names in this thread), you're still at it, insulting people seeking a move to Florida and trying to steer them away to other states. When will you learn? No matter what tactic you use, your agenda gives you away every time!

To CMgyms, Chgo2NWIndiana is the same person as NEPats6SB, who is the same as broadwayboogaloo, who is the same as S82028 (he created that one to troll me)... and all of them are the same as CVPFord, who has created dozens of different screen names in order to try to create an unpleasant picture of Florida to keep people from moving there. It's pathetic, I know, but some people just can't be fixed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2020, 10:03 AM

469 posts, read 467,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
Ah, CVPFord a/k/a Chgo2NWIndiana (along with at least 2 or 3 other screen names in this thread), you're still at it, insulting people seeking a move to Florida and trying to steer them away to other states. When will you learn? No matter what tactic you use, your agenda gives you away every time!

To CMgyms, Chgo2NWIndiana is the same person as NEPats6SB, who is the same as broadwayboogaloo, who is the same as S82028 (he created that one to troll me)... and all of them are the same as CVPFord, who has created dozens of different screen names in order to try to create an unpleasant picture of Florida to keep people from moving there. It's pathetic, I know, but some people just can't be fixed.

You left out Zeti Li. That one was one of his better ones where he imitated the writing style of a Chinese person. I was kind of sad to see that one closed down.

Old 12-02-2020, 10:40 AM

4,791 posts, read 10,615,390 times
^ And, the way back 'Shekie' and those early iterations...
The poster needs a life, and one should ignore/skip most/all of his 'advice', imo.

Old 12-02-2020, 11:14 AM

469 posts, read 467,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
The poster needs a life, and one should ignore/skip most/all of his 'advice', imo.
The website must not be programmed to check for multiple usernames. Perhaps it's too hard to do. I suppose that someone who has a large family could have several usernames at one IP address but I dont think anyone would have as many as Mr.MultUsername has offered up. Maybe he has multiple personalities.

Old 12-02-2020, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veniceman View Post
You left out Zeti Li. That one was one of his better ones where he imitated the writing style of a Chinese person. I was kind of sad to see that one closed down.
LOL - I never got to see that one!

Old 12-02-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
You're right, of course. I'd like to ignore him completely, but I'm going to keep calling him out for the benefit of the newbies here who don't know any better. At this point, spotting his new screen names is like a version of Where's Waldo!

Old 12-02-2020, 05:34 PM

10 posts, read 14,065 times
Sorry folks, but you're wrong about Chgo2NWIndiana. Don't lump me in with the other screen names that person uses - poisoning these forums. I have one and only one screen name. I just signed up a few days ago.

I'm a native south side suburban Chicagoan. Late 50's, retired last year after commuting downtown daily for over a decade. Moved to Northwest Indiana to get out of Illinois and receive in state tuition for my two kids in college here.

My wife and I are looking to buy a second home in SWFL next fall. We've got a 90 lb goldendoodle so that rules out many properties. Thinking townhouse or single family in a bundled golf community - Estero, Bonita, Naples, maybe Venice. Bringing my own golf cart. We'll be down for a month this winter.

I've found the information within these threads and forums super valuable and I appreciate your time, effort, and advice very much. Keep it up please and don't get discouraged.

Thank you!

JW or JayDub

Old 12-03-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chgo2NWIndiana View Post
Sorry folks, but you're wrong about Chgo2NWIndiana. Don't lump me in with the other screen names that person uses - poisoning these forums. I have one and only one screen name. I just signed up a few days ago.

I'm a native south side suburban Chicagoan. Late 50's, retired last year after commuting downtown daily for over a decade. Moved to Northwest Indiana to get out of Illinois and receive in state tuition for my two kids in college here.

My wife and I are looking to buy a second home in SWFL next fall. We've got a 90 lb goldendoodle so that rules out many properties. Thinking townhouse or single family in a bundled golf community - Estero, Bonita, Naples, maybe Venice. Bringing my own golf cart. We'll be down for a month this winter.

I've found the information within these threads and forums super valuable and I appreciate your time, effort, and advice very much. Keep it up please and don't get discouraged.

Thank you!

JW or JayDub
Interesting... You say you're looking to buy in FLA, and yet your very first post in the Florida forum is to steer another poster to other states. Classic CVPFord, et al.

Besides, first posts are generally to seek information, not to give it.

Too many tells here.

Old 12-03-2020, 02:05 PM

10 posts, read 14,065 times
Check Comment #46. The banter mentioned TX and TN. CMgyms closed by asking for recommendations. I took that to mean other areas. My reply wasn't meant to be anti-Florida.

Old 12-30-2020, 03:48 AM

603 posts, read 574,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
A lot of options for $2.5M.

For Naples you might want to look at The Moorings, but the schools zoned aren't great. If you can afford private school that's a better option. Otherwise look into areas zoned for Barron Collier or Gulf Coast High School.
I'll second this. Given the current state of public education, it isn't something you want to inflict on your kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples