Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2021, 09:39 AM

8 posts, read 16,458 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about the difference between The Vineyards and Olde Cypress ?

Looking at both neighborhoods and trying to see if anyone with knowledge has opinions. Specifically in Vineyards I am looking at Vista Pointe ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2021, 07:47 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,353,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchays25 View Post
Can anyone tell me about the difference between The Vineyards and Olde Cypress ?

Looking at both neighborhoods and trying to see if anyone with knowledge has opinions. Specifically in Vineyards I am looking at Vista Pointe ....
I don't usually show other realtor websites but for a reference, anything golf, I go to the Naples golf guy website. Its quick and easy to get info because of how he set up the site to aggregate data.

I did the same in Miami - there was an amazing condo website my customers would use for immediate data (HOA fees, rental restrictions, number of rentals on the market, days on market, etc). They would use the site for Q&A and then call me to see one

Anyway, this should answer your questions about Olde Cypress vs Vineyards:

https://www.naplesgolfguy.com/olde-cypress/

https://www.naplesgolfguy.com/vineyards-country-club/

I like the Vineyards, it can be a bit snooty, but overall I love the amenities, location, and all the junior golf events they sponsor each year!

Old 05-13-2021, 09:13 AM

731 posts, read 766,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchays25 View Post

DH and I were looking at both about 5 years ago and ended up buying in the Vineyards.

Snooty? Generally speaking I have found most people very nice in the Vineyards. Sure, there's always someone that's snooty anywhere. Just avoid them. LOL

When we looked at Olde Cypress it was a mandatory social membership. I think it was $2,500 a year at the time? I'm sure someone will correct me. You were also open to assessments that may come. Ex re doing the facilities, etc. I HATE the location of Olde Cypress! That corner is a traffic nightmare EVERY time you go in and out of the community. IMO it's worse now since logan extends to Bonita Beach Road.

Vista Pointe in the Vineyards is very nice. I would ask your realtor if the unit you're looking at has a parking space assigned to it. Not all do from what I understand. I would also ask the realtor about the windows at Vista Point. There was a rumor that a lot of them leaked during Irma due to bad installation. Not sure if that's true, so I'd ask if I was you.

Not sure if you're interested in joining a cc. The vineyards cc is privately owned by one family. The country club is not mandatory like Olde Cypress. You should get a tour of Olde Cypress CC and check it out to compare. You will never be assessed from the Vineyards cc if you're a member. It has recently been renovated and is beautiful! NO assessment! We are very happy that we joined as social members and have met so many wonderful people. They have lots to offer social members. I suggest you take a tour of the facility.

Of course since the Vineyards CC is privately owned by a family, they can always raise the membership fees as can Old Cypress. The difference is Old Cypress is mandatory and Vineyards cc is not. Anyone can join the Vineyards CC. You don't have to live in the Vineyards to join. If I don't like it I can quit. We really like that joining the Vineyards CC is not mandatory and is a choice.

Vineyards Blvd is a beautiful street that has 2 entrances into the community. You have the choice of using Pineridge or Vanderbilt Rd to get around. Both have lights. Publix shopping center by he Vineyards is very convenient.

Be aware that the entrance to Vista point is right on Vineyards Blvd and not "behind the manned gates". Not sure if that is a concern.

Hope this helps OP. Just my opinion from 5 years ago comparing both communities.

I wish you luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples