Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2023, 07:41 AM

18 posts, read 12,871 times

Advertisements

Anyone else feeling these rates go through the roof? My flood insurance went up 5 times.
What state would you go to if you left Florida. It's getting so expensive
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2023, 05:21 AM

788 posts, read 783,933 times
Western NC in a valley area of the mountains that aid with controlling adverse weather conditions year round - Moved 25 years ago .

Old 03-17-2023, 06:24 AM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumon View Post
Anyone else feeling these rates go through the roof? My flood insurance went up 5 times.
Ok flood rates are set by FEMA, not by the state of Florida. They also acknowledged years ago (Oct 2021) that the rates were artificially low (subsidized) and they would be raising them.

So it doesn't matter if you live in NJ or Naples, if you live in a low flood zone your rates went up 5X

Old 03-17-2023, 06:26 AM

4,605 posts, read 3,296,304 times
It's not only flood rates that went up; any condo or other homeowner saw his insurance rate go up from 20 to 50 percent. The insurance companies obviously are through taking risks, which is what we hire them to do - so it's time for a re-think on how we prepare for emergencies in Florida.

Old 03-17-2023, 08:52 PM

122 posts, read 201,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
It's not only flood rates that went up; any condo or other homeowner saw his insurance rate go up from 20 to 50 percent. The insurance companies obviously are through taking risks, which is what we hire them to do - so it's time for a re-think on how we prepare for emergencies in Florida.
I live in a condo and my insurance has not gone up at all. Either did my parents. We both have State Farm. In fact I pay less in home insurance here than my condo in Chicago.

Old 03-18-2023, 06:32 AM

4,605 posts, read 3,296,304 times
Well, you must be the only person in Florida who hasn't seen increases. The headlines are full of irate homeowners and condo owners who are being forced to sell because they cannot afford the special assessments for insurance being applied this year.

Old 03-18-2023, 08:16 AM

15,407 posts, read 7,468,300 times
Quote:
Insurance companies are still taking risks, but are pricing their coverage more in line with reality.

Old 03-18-2023, 09:16 PM

122 posts, read 201,131 times
Quote:
Well, you must be the only person in Florida who hasn't seen increases. The headlines are full of irate homeowners and condo owners who are being forced to sell because they cannot afford the special assessments for insurance being applied this year.
Not in a flood zone, new construction. No hurricane damage. State Farm. Please show me someone who had their insurance go up with this criteria. I'm not the only one. Geez.

Old 03-19-2023, 06:20 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,959,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumon View Post
We originally went to NC and that wasn't as cheap as most ppl say. Given we were in a major city but the state overall had a pretty high income tax (5.25%), plus car property tax, car inspection, and the state does not tax exempt food, clothing, or electronics from sales tax. We paid city and state sales tax on all the items. I was reading the news there in Charlotte the other day and saw home assessment taxes went up around 51% this year and people are irate. So some people are paying close to the cost of New England property taxes in parts of NC and getting low ranking education, low ranking medical care, high crime etc.

We ended up heading back to New England and have been more than happy with our decision. With the current political climate of the south and having a young teenage daughter I'm happy we did anyways. I think had we stayed in Fla Desantis and his agenda with the book banning, reporting periods etc etc would have forced our hand in the end. It was the right choice for us.

Old 03-19-2023, 06:42 AM

71 posts, read 65,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agstacker View Post
I live in a condo and my insurance has not gone up at all. Either did my parents. We both have State Farm. In fact I pay less in home insurance here than my condo in Chicago.
If this is true it's an anomaly. I do not know a single policy-holder whose insurance rates have not increased, in some cases dramatically - also most auto policies as well.

Hmm...count your blessings or prepare to get slammed shortly - or better yet, check to see if you're cancelled and you don't know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples