Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,318 times

Advertisements

For people who have gotten out of Naples because they could not stand it (Like me!), where have you moved to and are you happier? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 02:50 PM

171 posts, read 622,066 times
Smile Why didn't you like Naples?

Be more specific!

Old 11-30-2008, 04:49 PM

1,380 posts, read 5,928,027 times
While I never disliked Naples, I did see it change. It became overcrowded, so many gated communities. The quiet little town I moved to became less enjoyable. Since I know I could never handle a true winter ever again I looked to Punta Gorda, and then found Venice. Living on the Island of Venice I've re-discovered the small town lifestyle I first enjoyed in Naples.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:12 PM

66 posts, read 216,559 times
I work in Venice. It is quite nice, but from what I understand the average age there is high so it may not be the best for those with children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBob View Post
While I never disliked Naples, I did see it change. It became overcrowded, so many gated communities. The quiet little town I moved to became less enjoyable. Since I know I could never handle a true winter ever again I looked to Punta Gorda, and then found Venice. Living on the Island of Venice I've re-discovered the small town lifestyle I first enjoyed in Naples.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:16 PM

1,380 posts, read 5,928,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingCapeCoral View Post
I work in Venice. It is quite nice, but from what I understand the average age there is high so it may not be the best for those with children.
If you were here last night for the holiday parade you would have seen that while there are a number of people that have retired here, there are many families.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:59 PM

147 posts, read 568,599 times
We've made 4 moves since Naples, but if I could afford Naples, it would be my 1st choice.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,148 times
Collier County Deputies are Jack Booted Thugs! You can't live in this County without being shaken down in one way or another.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:30 PM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
How about Pine Island??? Still a small town atmosphere out there but to be frank the kids were a bit odd out there growing up. Think it had something to do with their fishing culture and large amounts of pot.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:37 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,655,019 times
Venice eh? That's where I bank. Maybe a look at some properties are in order.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:54 AM

1,024 posts, read 3,342,755 times
We have not left yet, but are moving back up north for a better education and more sense of community for our child. While we love fishing, boating, the beach, the weather....living in an area is much different than vacationing there. Naples is great for the childless couple who loves FL weather, or the retired/semi-retired couple who doesn't have to live by a schedule.

FL living is ok, but we experienced that once we had children, we had little time for any of the "lounging" that we used to do on our days off of work. Now, we just run errands, play indoors due to the bugs that chew him up, and the heat rash he got last summer.

We want to move where he'll experience all 4 seasons, and the beauty that comes with them. Sure, winter will suck, and be freezing...but again, heat extremes in this area aren't fun either. No extreme weather is fun.

I think we'll be happier, but I can't really say, as we are still here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples