Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 03:56 AM

8 posts, read 23,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Inge: First of all, your English is beautiful, better than most Americans!

E-mail the hotel and try to arrange the excursions before you get there. Naples, as most of Florida, is far-flung. It is a driving state. I am sure you will enjoy the outlets and the Everglades. If nothing else, you can take a taxi.

I wish you could arrange to see Sanibel and Captiva islands. They are off the coast of Fort Myers. They have beautiful beaches full of shells. I am sure you will be charmed.
Thanks a lot for your great advice. I'll keep everything in mind. I will indeed contact the hotel about the excursions before our arrival there. I'll remember to visit Sanibel and Captiva islands too.

Thanks again,

Inge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 05:12 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,758,368 times
Hello Inge!
You have the same name as my mother! I fully agree with the previous statements - your English is excellent!

My husband and I are actually getting on an airplane this afternoon to go to Naples. It is a beautiful place, and you will have a wonderful vacation there.

The last time we visited Naples, we took a trip down to the Everglades. I recommend it, especially for your children - it was fascinating. Be sure to take the tour on the tram, the guide explains the ecology and history of the Everglades. You will then stop at an observation tower with views for miles. You will surely see alligators in the water below.

Have a wonderful vacation Inge!

Old 03-04-2007, 07:06 AM

8 posts, read 23,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
Hello Inge!
You have the same name as my mother! I fully agree with the previous statements - your English is excellent!

My husband and I are actually getting on an airplane this afternoon to go to Naples. It is a beautiful place, and you will have a wonderful vacation there.

The last time we visited Naples, we took a trip down to the Everglades. I recommend it, especially for your children - it was fascinating. Be sure to take the tour on the tram, the guide explains the ecology and history of the Everglades. You will then stop at an observation tower with views for miles. You will surely see alligators in the water below.

Have a wonderful vacation Inge!
Thanks for your message. Have a great stay and tell me all about it when you get back. Tell the alligators I'm on my way

So long,

Inge

Old 04-18-2007, 07:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,497 times
Default Naples is great

I grew up in Naples.The reason it is so slow during the summer is because it is hot, and yes it does rain almost everyday, but the rain is over soon and then you can go outside, but it is still hot. Naples is a great place to visit, staying right on 5th avenue is great but maybe not worth the cost since there are several different areas of Naples that are desireable, plus you can always take the trolley or a taxi. The Zoo is not very close to fifth avenue, you are better off on Goodlette Rd or Tamiami Trail N (US41) Any hotel on Tamiami Trail N (or HWY 41) is worth staying at, and is still very close to all of the beaches and shopping, and Tin City and all of the waterfront restaurants. I own an indoor playground called Dinosaur Playground look us up at www.dinoplayground.com. We are perfect for your child when it is too hot or rainy, but other than that, Naples in the summer is quiet, and less expensive, so I highly recommend it. Naples in July would be a lot of fun for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inge View Post
Dear Florida lovers,

Let me first introduce myself. I am Inge, 42 years old, and I live with my family in Brussels, Belgium (Europe). My native language is Dutch so I hope you can forgive me if I make some English spelling errors.
Last year I left Europe for the first time and had my very first visit to America. I spent 17 days (April 30 till May 17) with my daughter Laura, who is now 7 years old, in Orlando. Everything was just perfect. We stayed at the "Fairfield Inn by Marriott at Lake Buena Vista", which is a very very good hotel. We had the time of our life, as you can imagine. It was certainly a holiday I won't forget in a hurry.
I am thinking of spending my next summer holidays, during the month of July, in Naples. I would like to stay at the "Trianon Old Naples" for about two weeks (price: about 800 dollars for 15 nights, for a double room, with complementary breakfast). Has anyone stayed at this hotel before and how did you experience your stay? The location of this hotel is superb, near Fifth Avenue shopping district, the waterfront area known as "Tin City", 3rd Street South Shopping Plaza and Cambier Park. It takes about 15 minutes to walk to the beach. We would also like to visit the "Naples Zoo at Carribean Gardens" and the Everglades. We won't be renting a car, but there's this trolley bus which provides easy access to the beaches and the rest of Naples.
It struck me by surprise to read that hotel prices are much higher in winter and spring season than in summer season. Could anyone explain to me what's the reason for summer being "low season"? I've also read that during summer in Naples, and I suppose in the rest of Florida, it rains every day, especially in the afternoon. Should I reconsider going to Naples in July? My daughter goes to elementary school so we are forced to travel during the summer months.
I've also read that Naples is an elegant and quite town. It's not too crowded, especially not in summer. Well, that's not really a disadvantage, is it?
I am looking forward to receive some of your reactions.
Kind regards,
Inge

Old 04-19-2007, 06:43 AM

672 posts, read 906,160 times
I was there last October. The temps didn't get higher than the low 80s. We visted the shops, etc., and it was not brutually hot. Basically, it was fairly empty, not many people around. We had the beach almost to ourselves. We even saw a couple of dolphins not that far offshore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples