Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 06:29 PM

210 posts, read 408,207 times

Advertisements

I accepted the job and will be moving to somewhere in Rutherford County (we managed to narrow it down that much. Which high scools in the county are more diverse but yet safe? Are there areas of Murfreesboro where skateboarders tend to congregrate or skate? My son wants to go to a diverse school, enjoys track and skating. Thanks everyone who has helped me out with previous postings. We are really looking forward to being a part of Tennessee. I have two other kids who will be applying to MTSU and another who will be looking at a two year college program that wants to be a volunteer fire fighter (he is currently a volunteer in Wisconsin). My husband will be happy anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 11:59 PM

199 posts, read 543,139 times
Unfortunately, the only skate park that I know of was closed a few years ago. Skateboarding is for heathens. /jk but I think he may be severely disappointed. I can't say I've seen many skateboarders around here and I live pretty close to the college.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:40 AM

909 posts, read 1,063,105 times
6th ave. is a top-notch indoor skatepark in Nashville. Two Rivers (aka cement wave country) is a good outdoor cousre, but also in nashville.

You see tons of "skater kids" in Rutherford County wearing their DC, Etnies, etc. but very few places to skate in that area.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:22 PM

199 posts, read 543,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVofM View Post
6th ave. is a top-notch indoor skatepark in Nashville. Two Rivers (aka cement wave country) is a good outdoor cousre, but also in nashville.

You see tons of "skater kids" in Rutherford County wearing their DC, Etnies, etc. but very few places to skate in that area.
I just checked two rivers out online and watched a few youtube videos. Looks sick.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specialbuddy View Post
I just checked two rivers out online and watched a few youtube videos. Looks sick.
Sick as in a good way??? Will have to check it out.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:54 PM

764 posts, read 2,549,250 times
Oakland, Blackman or Riverdale high schools are probably the most diverse and safe high schools in the county that also have an acceptable academic record. I listed them in order of which school I would send my own children to.

The YMCA in Smyrna has a skate park but that's the only one I know of. Good luck on your move!

Old 03-06-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
Oakland, Blackman or Riverdale high schools are probably the most diverse and safe high schools in the county that also have an acceptable academic record. I listed them in order of which school I would send my own children to.

The YMCA in Smyrna has a skate park but that's the only one I know of. Good luck on your move!
Thanks Mary and I will check out the schools that you mention. Everyone has been so helpful, cant wait to be a part of your state.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:37 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,440,815 times
Realtors tout homes zoned for the "Triple Siegel" schools (ES, MS, HS). Siegel HS gets '10' from Greatschools - compared to Oakland HS '4', Blackman HS '10', Riverdale HS '9'.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:50 PM

764 posts, read 2,549,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Realtors tout homes zoned for the "Triple Siegel" schools (ES, MS, HS). Siegel HS gets '10' from Greatschools - compared to Oakland HS '4', Blackman HS '10', Riverdale HS '9'.
"Triple Siegel" is also one of the least diverse group of schools in the county having a low % of minority and kids on free/reduced lunch programs. Siegel HS is a great school, but so are the others. Realtors steer buyers to that zone because of the high number of upscale homes in the area.

Currently Oakland is the only high school in the county with an IB program, which pushes it ahead of Blackman, imho.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:17 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,440,815 times
Mary_Moon = "Triple Siegel" is also one of the least diverse

I know you were responding to the OP, but I don't judge children by their skin color or socioeconomic status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville