Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 07:24 PM

67 posts, read 202,720 times

Advertisements

I don't think coming from either Hendersonville or Brentwood has a great advantage over the other.

I agree it may be easier to access Deaderick by coming down from the north then east, but... Brentwood offers more alternate routes. When commuting to/from Hendersonville, if there's an accident on Vietnam Vets, you're basically out of luck.

Either way, commuting into downtown is not fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 08:34 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Commuting from that area of Brentwood would not be a big deal. And there is no crime to speak of, except for occasional car break-ins because people keep leaving everything from digital cameras to laptops in the front seats.

865 Bellevue is on the other side of town in a section of Nashville. There are a lot more apartments there, but I think you would enjoy the Cool Springs area of Brentwood/Franklin better.

Try Alara and Dwell at McEwen. Stay away from the Views of Brentwood. Is that the one off Old Hickory Blvd? It is nasty and falling apart.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:24 AM

14 posts, read 20,536 times
Thank you. I will take a look at Alara and the Landings of Brentwood. Dwell is a little over my budget for 2 bedrooms but seems like a nice community.
I don't want to be too far away from shopping areas (Target, Walmart, Krogers,etc.) so Brentwood will be my first choice. Does anyone know if Hendersonville has all these shops or will I have to drive to downtown for that?

Old 04-18-2011, 08:03 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandish View Post
Thank you. I will take a look at Alara and the Landings of Brentwood. Dwell is a little over my budget for 2 bedrooms but seems like a nice community.
I don't want to be too far away from shopping areas (Target, Walmart, Krogers,etc.) so Brentwood will be my first choice. Does anyone know if Hendersonville has all these shops or will I have to drive to downtown for that?
Downtown doesn't have any big box shopping. People who live downtown actually have to drive to the suburbs for that stuff. Hendersonville has all those stores and many more, as does Brentwood and Franklin.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:53 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Downtown doesn't have any big box shopping. People who live downtown actually have to drive to the suburbs for that stuff. Hendersonville has all those stores and many more, as does Brentwood and Franklin.
Pimpy pretty much covered it.

Cool Springs (between Franklin and Brentwood) is the largest retail center in the state. Besides some specialty stores and some high end boutiques, you probably won't have to leave the area. There's not a better selection anywhere in the area.

Hendersonville isn't any slouch either. Besides the new developments along TN-386 (Vietnam Vets), Rivergate is one of the biggest shopping areas in the state as well (I think it held the state's largest title before Cool Springs). Either way, you probably couldn't pick two better suburban areas as far as shopping goes.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:12 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,883 times
I would recommend the Aventura Apartments in Hendersonville. They are new, nice, and convenient. You can walk to the city's outdoor mall, library, movie theatre, grocery, etc within 5-10 minutes. It's connected to the city's greenway system so you can even avoid major traffic thoroughfares for the most part. It's also right by an on ramp to TN386 which takes you to I-65.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:18 AM

Thank you all. The people in TN are so helpful, I am really looking forward to our move there and making new friends. I will post it here when the things get finalized.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:28 PM

5 posts, read 5,811 times
I second that Tandish!!!

Old 04-22-2011, 01:06 PM

Hi,
We have finally narrowed down our apartment search two apartment communities - Polo Park, Jackson Downs Blvd and Aventura at Indian Lake Blvd, Hendersonville.
Which of these will be a better commute to downtown Dreaderick street? Also, is the Jackson Downs Hermitage area safe? I have heard about Antioch not being very safe and Polo Park is about 15 mins from there.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:34 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,991 times
Quote:
Hi,
We have finally narrowed down our apartment search two apartment communities - Polo Park, Jackson Downs Blvd and Aventura at Indian Lake Blvd, Hendersonville.
Which of these will be a better commute to downtown Dreaderick street? Also, is the Jackson Downs Hermitage area safe? I have heard about Antioch not being very safe and Polo Park is about 15 mins from there.
Thanks a lot for your help.
The commutes will be very comparable. Polo Park is a hair closer in distance, but you would have to slog through a couple school zones and down a two-lane road to get to I-40, which will be bumper-to bumper from Briley Pkwy all the way into downtown.

From Aventura, you can hop right on Vietnam Veterans Boulevard, which can be slow at times, then take I-65 into downtown. I-65 will be slow from just past Briley Pkwy to Trinity Ln.

You're looking at probably a 35-minute morning commute from either place. For your afternoon commute, nothing is worse than 40 East. Hendersonville has the advantage there.

All of this assumes you would be commuting at rush hour. If you work off-peak hours, either one would be a breeze.

As far as safety goes, Polo Park used to have major issues with car break-ins, but it is certainly not a complex where I would feel "unsafe." Aventura, however, is definitely a newer, nicer, more upscale community with more amenities and in a better area of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville