Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 12:13 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
One thing to beware of with Priceline...I had a friend who used Priceline for a downtown Nashville hotel and was routed out to the Maxwell House in Metro Center. Definitely not "downtown" but according to their selection process it was. That was 2 years ago, so maybe that has changed...but just do the research to make sure "downtown" on Priceline is really downtown.
That's if you use the "name your own price" option, I believe. Otherwise you are free to choose whatever hotel you would like. With name your own price, you can pick the star rating, too.

Looking at the current lineup for priceline, it has Metrocenter listed with Opryland (strange combo)...and downtown listed with West End/Vandy (which makes more sense).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 12:35 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjb View Post
Well, we decided to get a room at the Doubletree for the night. It isn't until August. I appreciate everyone's feedback. The Doubletree is only 0.5miles away, so it is definitely walkable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjb View Post
By the way, I was able to get Doubletree for $135 for the weekend of August 19th.
That's a good rate for downtown. And it is definitely walkable. Not a short walk, but one that shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

I would like to point out that there is a bus route that runs right by the hotel and runs by the arena. It's the Music City Circuit's Blue Line, and it is FREE.

Map (PDF)

It runs every 15 minutes from 11am to 6pm...so if the show ends late (which I would assume it does) a walk back would be necessary.

About the Music City Circuit

Oh, there's a decent little hill on the way down, btw.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:29 PM

1,846 posts, read 4,742,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
I would like to point out that there is a bus route that runs right by the hotel and runs by the arena. It's the Music City Circuit's Blue Line, and it is FREE.

Map (PDF)

It runs every 15 minutes from 11am to 6pm...so if the show ends late (which I would assume it does) a walk back would be necessary.

About the Music City Circuit

Thank you very much for the info. That may be something that they can use to go to the venue.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:01 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
Quote:
That's if you use the "name your own price" option, I believe. Otherwise you are free to choose whatever hotel you would like. With name your own price, you can pick the star rating, too.

Looking at the current lineup for priceline, it has Metrocenter listed with Opryland (strange combo)...and downtown listed with West End/Vandy (which makes more sense).
Good point. I've only used Priceline for the name your own price feature and that's exactly what my coworker did that got bumped out to Metrocenter.

Metrocenter/Opryland is a weird combo. I guess they have to include Metrocenter somewhere since it's got the Maxwell House and a lot of rooms. It's sort of in no-man's land...not downtown, and definitely not Opryland.

Quote:
Oh, there's a decent little hill on the way down, btw.
Yeah, there is definitely a hill. It's not killer, but definitely noticeable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville