Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2012, 07:34 PM

722 posts, read 2,101,407 times

Advertisements

Noticed a new mexican restaurant between cheddars and Fulins. Cant remember the name but the sign is up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 08:32 PM

58 posts, read 202,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Passeaux View Post
Noticed a new mexican restaurant between cheddars and Fulins. Cant remember the name but the sign is up
I talked to the guys working at Casa Vieja and they said they were opening another one there. Is it called something else?

Old 03-28-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderstudent View Post
I talked to the guys working at Casa Vieja and they said they were opening another one there. Is it called something else?

Thats the one

Old 03-28-2012, 11:59 AM

I would have liked a Las Palmas myself.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Passeaux View Post
I would have liked a Las Palmas myself.
I agree. We eat at the one on Church St. downtime all the time for lunch.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:58 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
I could see Casa Vieja doing well there. They're a little on the high side pricewise. It's good and all, but I'd rather drive up to Ricardo's in Gallatin personally.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:09 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,844,358 times
Since we've been talking about restaurants, I thought I'd share this link about a fairly new restaurant in Gallatin. One of my friends said it started mostly as a Gluten-Free bakery but now has expanded into a much needed Vegan/Vegetarian restaurant for the Sumner County area.

It's in Gallatin and called Butterbean Bakery & Bistro. I really love the way downtown Gallatin seems to be attracting small local businesses. It's no Franklin but it's lightyears better than it was just 3-4 years ago. I really loved the Whippoorwill and Iced Bake Shop too.

Here's the review: Butterbean brings Gallatin gluten-free, vegan fare | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

Old 03-30-2012, 08:09 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
I read that article earlier today. Sounds interesting...Gallatin and Hville don't seem like the kinds of places that a vegan restaurant would do well at, but I think I will give it a try in a few weeks. It's always good when there are small boutique restaurants like that in a community rather than the Olive Gardens/Chilis/Logan's of the world.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivelafrance View Post
Since we've been talking about restaurants, I thought I'd share this link about a fairly new restaurant in Gallatin. One of my friends said it started mostly as a Gluten-Free bakery but now has expanded into a much needed Vegan/Vegetarian restaurant for the Sumner County area.

It's in Gallatin and called Butterbean Bakery & Bistro. I really love the way downtown Gallatin seems to be attracting small local businesses. It's no Franklin but it's lightyears better than it was just 3-4 years ago. I really loved the Whippoorwill and Iced Bake Shop too.

Here's the review: Butterbean brings Gallatin gluten-free, vegan fare | The Tennessean | tennessean.com
I have been impressed with Gallatin's square as well. This past October we tried The Pizza Machine in the square and it was really cool! Definitely didn't feel like a TN restaurant. I need to try the Whippoorwill.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:51 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,844,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderstudent View Post
I have been impressed with Gallatin's square as well. This past October we tried The Pizza Machine in the square and it was really cool! Definitely didn't feel like a TN restaurant. I need to try the Whippoorwill.
Yeah I forgot about the Pizza Machine. Gallatin definitely has a good restaurant scene, maybe better than Hendersonville. They also have some seriously good and authentic mexican food. A couple of my friends took me to some place in a rough looking neighborhood with 2 picnic tables inside and a refrigerator that was actually in the dining room. I was a bit worried at first but it was some of the best food I ever had. They also have some good taco trucks and a place that makes fresh corn tortillas. Pretty surprising for a city like Gallatin, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville