Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2017, 12:37 PM

145 posts, read 204,126 times

Advertisements

Another sports bar and grill to Indian Lake! :>)
Jonathan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 06:25 PM

99 posts, read 230,132 times
Did you see Soapillas closed? I'm so sad. They were definitely one of the 2 nicer restaurants in the area. Every time I think Hendersonville might eventually become the next Cool Springs, something like this happens.

Old 01-11-2017, 08:21 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
I hadn't heard that. I honestly don't know how Sopapillas stayed open. While the food was very good, it was pretty expensive, not easy to get into (little adjoining parking), and had lots of other competition from lower priced mexican/tex mex options. I am not convinced there's anything that can go into that building and sustain itself for very long. It'd have to be a major new restaurant/chain. Something that there's only one or two of in the area (or a completely new idea...celebrity chef type restaurant).

Old 01-12-2017, 10:28 AM

57 posts, read 67,182 times
I would like to see something like a Jim n Nicks go into the Sopapilla's location. It has name recognition and also fits an underserved niche in Hendersonville. We have Center Point and Top Hog, but neither one is accessible as something at Indian Lake would be. Sopapilla's was good, but we have a saturation of Mexican restaurants in the Hendersonville/Indian Lake area. Overall, I would just like to see a little more variety in the area.

Old 01-12-2017, 02:21 PM

The article in the Tennessean indicated "Mango's Mexican Restaurant" is going in the location next.

The Sumner County beat reporter probably went ahead and put together a skeleton article titled "Mango's Mexican Restaurant to close".

I don't know...if it's a fast casual type restaurant that lends itself to being a good pre-movie restaurant (see Brixx as an example) then it might work.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:14 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,510,011 times
I have been to most (if not all) Mexican restaurants in Hendersonville, and I am a big fan of Casa Vieja. I think it's superior to all those that have been named here. Here's the thing about Mexican (and even Tex Mex)... don't make me pay a lot for it... because (as it is) I can get really really really good Mexican food at many other places.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:26 AM

Yep. And my guess is the rent at that location is extremely high. At least the last 2 restaurants have been medium to upscale casual. With Casa Vieja or the dozens of other Mexican places around, that's a tough niche to carve out a living in a high rent area.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:08 PM

73 posts, read 93,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwclark174 View Post
I would like to see something like a Jim n Nicks go into the Sopapilla's location. It has name recognition and also fits an underserved niche in Hendersonville. We have Center Point and Top Hog, but neither one is accessible as something at Indian Lake would be. Sopapilla's was good, but we have a saturation of Mexican restaurants in the Hendersonville/Indian Lake area. Overall, I would just like to see a little more variety in the area.
Yes (and I've stated here in the past), H'ville does need a Jim n Nicks, and a Chuy's. I email them every now and then and suggest it. Costco and Trader Joes too.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:16 PM

73 posts, read 93,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
I have been to most (if not all) Mexican restaurants in Hendersonville, and I am a big fan of Casa Vieja. I think it's superior to all those that have been named here. Here's the thing about Mexican (and even Tex Mex)... don't make me pay a lot for it... because (as it is) I can get really really really good Mexican food at many other places.
I used to eat at Mexican restaurants a lot, and have eaten at many around the country and they all tasted nearly exactly the same to me (and my SO). Same bad salsa, same chips, same beans, same rice, same entree, same menu design. And none taste anything like the food I've had in Mexico. I've never understood how people can say one Mexican place in the US is better than another. H'ville does not need another one.

And none of them ever get great health score ratings.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:12 AM

57 posts, read 67,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loop View Post
Yes (and I've stated here in the past), H'ville does need a Jim n Nicks, and a Chuy's. I email them every now and then and suggest it. Costco and Trader Joes too.
I couldn't agree more. We currently make a Costco run about once a month and I work downtown so I can hit Trader Joe's either at lunch or after work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville