Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 12:56 PM

5 posts, read 10,280 times

Advertisements

I am concerned about safety, for a mother and two children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 01:05 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,118 times
Most of North Nashville, South Nashville, and West Nashville
Parts of East Nashville
Bordeaux
Woodbine
Most of Madison
Whites Creek
Parts of Antioch

Old 03-20-2012, 02:45 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,470,452 times
Which I guess begs the next question of areas to target to look at rentals within Davidson County...I'd look at Bellevue, Goodlettsville, Hermitage, Crieve Hall, and the Brentwood area of southern Davidson County (Brentwood in Williamson County does not have apartment complexes) to name a few.

If you wanted to expand a little further, many of the halo counties around Davidson are very attractive for schools. Obviously Williamson County is always attractive for their school system. Depending on your budget, you could find rentals/apartments in Franklin, Cool Springs, Nolensville.... Hendersonville also has great schools and many rental possibilities. Smyrna, Murfreesboro, and Mt. Juliet would also all be worth checking into.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:48 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivelafrance View Post
Parts of East Nashville
Bordeaux
Woodbine
Most of Madison
Whites Creek
Parts of Antioch
Some of west Nashville good to decent.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
Some of west Nashville good to decent.
I guess it depends on how it's defined. I was thinking of the area north of Charlotte near John C Tune.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:53 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,145,461 times
Quote:
Parts of East Nashville
This is a pretty wild overstatement. "Most" of West Nashville? The area between West End and 21st east of 440 is about as safe as you're going to find anywhere. Sylvan Park is fine. I don't know what you'd call the area west of 440 between Woodmont and West End, but it's basically a suburb.

Also, Bordeaux just looks like a middle class suburb to me -- what am I missing?

Old 03-20-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steindle View Post
This is a pretty wild overstatement. "Most" of West Nashville? The area between West End and 21st east of 440 is about as safe as you're going to find anywhere. Sylvan Park is fine. I don't know what you'd call the area west of 440 between Woodmont and West End, but it's basically a suburb.

Also, Bordeaux just looks like a middle class suburb to me -- what am I missing?
I don't consider West End or Sylvan Park to be "West Nashville" just like I wouldn't consider Hermitage to be "East Nashville" just because it's east of downtown.

I also think you're mistaken about Bordeaux....very mistaken.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:40 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,145,461 times
Quote:
I also think you're mistaken about Bordeaux....very mistaken.
Hmm. Bordeaux is Council District 1. According to police reports and the Tennesseean's Crime Watch, Council District 1 is responsible for about 1.7-1.8% of all violent incidents in Davidson County.

That would make it the 10th LEAST dangerous area of the city, out of 35 districts. Despite being vastly larger geographically than any of those other areas. Other parts of the city with that same low percentage include: Old Hickory, Sylvan Park...Not what you would traditionally consider dangerous neighborhoods.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:59 PM

3,043 posts, read 3,311,876 times
Quote:
I guess it depends on how it's defined. I was thinking of the area north of Charlotte near John C Tune.

Are you talking about the area near Centennial & near TDOT? This is mostly an industrial area. Get your smog test, get a DL, but not much else there.
There is a lot of traffic using the new finished Briley Parkway flyovers from 40 to get to Ashland City

The area of Charlotte near 46th to 51st appears rough. The new police station may help in time. I forget the name of the old church that was torn down. Time for this strip of Charlotte to be redone. The new 26th street connector may be a big help in time.

You may also be thinking of the area just W of White Bridge between Charlotte & I-40. There is a newer development west of the Wal Mart near Old Hickory. The new McKay bookstore is a great new development. Maybe in 10years more of the area will be filled in.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steindle View Post
Hmm. Bordeaux is Council District 1. According to police reports and the Tennesseean's Crime Watch, Council District 1 is responsible for about 1.7-1.8% of all violent incidents in Davidson County.

That would make it the 10th LEAST dangerous area of the city, out of 35 districts. Despite being vastly larger geographically than any of those other areas. Other parts of the city with that same low percentage include: Old Hickory, Sylvan Park...Not what you would traditionally consider dangerous neighborhoods.
I would still not recommend It to someone looking for a safe area and would not classify it as middle class either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville