Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2007, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 4,815 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to the area and it looks like Mt. Juliet is a great place. Can anyone help me with how long it would take to commute to the area in Nashville where there is that park with the "Parthenon". I've heard the traffic is terrible- I drive 30 minutes each way to work right now. Also, if anyone lives in Mt. Juliet, is it a safe place...would you run at night or walk the dog by yourself?

Oh, and how close are the lakes?

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 02:49 PM

160 posts, read 502,941 times
I've lived here for about 2 months and from my experience, rush hour from the Mt. Juliet area to Downtown doesn't get bad until you hit I-24. I've been told that it is the easiest inbound commute because the interstate was widened recently. One Friday I left Mt. Juliet and it took me a little over 30 minutes to get to the Vanderbilt area (right near the Parthenon) and we hit some slow traffic. Others that do the commute regularly might be able to tell you more.
MJ is definitely safe. I've never heard of anyone having any problems. I see women walking alone at night all the time (and no, they're not "street walkers"!). Old Hickory Lake is extremely close, some parts of "Mt. Juliet" (not the city proper but what locals would still call Mt. Juliet) touch the lake. There are two public access areas just north of Mt. Juliet proper. Percy Priest lake is about a 5 to 10 min drive from the new Providence development, and there's nothing much between the two so it's usually a pretty fast drive.
Hope this helps!

Old 09-13-2007, 06:17 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,743,229 times
If you work out beyond the NES building, you're going to spend a lot of time in traffic after work. I take 40 W to Church Street on my way home, and the Eastbound traffic on 40 is always backed up beyond there.

Don't let your gas tank get too low, you never know how long you'll be sitting out there.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:59 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,030,837 times
Artemis is right. Your afternoon commute will be stop and go from Church Street to Fesslers Lane. The morning commute from Mt. Juliet has improved since they finished widening I-40 from Donelson to the I-24 split (it only took them like 7 years), but it's still bumper to bumper from Spence Lane until past the 2nd/4th exit.

If you're working downtown, Bellevue (west Nashville) is still the easiest commute, both AM and PM. After that, it's pretty much a toss-up, every other direction smokes pole.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:50 PM

4 posts, read 24,135 times
You can also take the commuter train downtown. The Nashville Star runs Mon- Fri and special weekend trips and drops you off downtown from Mt Juliet. Just don't be late board or they will leave you standing on the platform!!!

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 09-14-2007 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: contact info

Old 09-18-2007, 03:26 PM

31 posts, read 139,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJackson View Post
I will be moving to the area and it looks like Mt. Juliet is a great place. Can anyone help me with how long it would take to commute to the area in Nashville where there is that park with the "Parthenon". I've heard the traffic is terrible- I drive 30 minutes each way to work right now. Also, if anyone lives in Mt. Juliet, is it a safe place...would you run at night or walk the dog by yourself?

Oh, and how close are the lakes?

Thanks!!!
I lived in Mt Juliet for 8 years about 7 years ago. I felt very safe. The park with the "Parthenon" is Centennial Park
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville