Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2007, 10:28 AM

46 posts, read 155,343 times

Advertisements

Hi..
Im From Wisconsin/Minnesota Area and im gunna be relocating to the Murfreesboro area this summer (June, July, August)..
so i was wondering does anyone know anything about the poplar village apartments?
are they ok or are they really bad and in a bad area?
i need to find a 1 bedroom/studio apartment for under $500/mo..
for now anyways cause ill just be turing 18 and i dont think ill be able to afford much more..
i just dont want to end up somewhere with roaches and mice and stuff
so if anyone has any information about the area that might help me,
or if you guys could tell me apartments to stay away from
or help me with links to apartments i would really appreciate any help i can get..
Thanks Alot!!

Last edited by Mandy2007; 10-15-2007 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: mistake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 11:09 AM

46 posts, read 155,343 times
Will someone give me names of apartments and info please???

Old 10-17-2007, 06:28 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,629,157 times
Hi Mandy! I live in Murfreesboro and forget the Poplar Village Apartments; they are dumps. Getting a decent place in a decent part of town for under $500 will be virtually impossible. Sorry to tell you that.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:48 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy2007 View Post
Hi..
Im From Wisconsin/Minnesota Area and im gunna be relocating to the Murfreesboro area this summer (June, July, August)..
so i was wondering does anyone know anything about the poplar village apartments?
are they ok or are they really bad and in a bad area?
i need to find a 1 bedroom/studio apartment for under $500/mo..
for now anyways cause ill just be turing 18 and i dont think ill be able to afford much more..
i just dont want to end up somewhere with roaches and mice and stuff
so if anyone has any information about the area that might help me,
or if you guys could tell me apartments to stay away from
or help me with links to apartments i would really appreciate any help i can get..
Thanks Alot!!
Mandy, If you just 18, you may want to rent near the MTSU campus, so there will be many your age in the complex.
Here is a Link to some Apartments. They will specify if there are near the College Campus.
Murfreesboro.com
Diane G

Old 10-20-2007, 07:47 AM

35 posts, read 152,126 times
I've seen you post several times and not reply to a specific thread. Seems like there are people trying to help you but you need to be a bit more specific in your needs. You may think about where you will be working or what type of job you will have in order to deide on where to find an apartment? You will have better luck finder cheaper rent in a house in McMinnville but that would be a 30 minutes commute to Mboro, 50 minutes or so from Nashville.

You could end up spending $300/mo commuting if you have to go downtown, so where you work will be very important before finding a house.kwim?

Old 12-21-2007, 07:50 PM

3 posts, read 8,873 times
Default apts in the boro

Poplar Village is not in that great of an area...the apartments are on the older side and do not have central heat and air. If you are looking for some decent apartments, check out ones near campus. Gateway, Applegate, Tennessee Park, Pine Park (just changed name to something else I can't remember), Rosewood, and Saddlebrook Apartments are all decent and very cheap. Some others like Hanover and University Terrace are around $400 a month, but you may have some problems with maintanence and heating/cooling. You should also consider the college apartments where you rent a bedroom for pretty cheap and have a common area living room and kitchen. Those usually start around $400 too...and there are tons of them! You don't have to know anyone...they will match you with some other residents around your age. Also, there are always people trying to find roommates to share the expense of renting a house in Murfreesboro. If you come check out the area around August, I think that's the biggest time for people moving into new apartments. Some of them fill up quickly and have a waiting list. Come check out the area, and see what you can find. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville