Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 03:35 PM

7 posts, read 14,288 times

Advertisements

Possibly relocating to Brentwood and are looking at housing choices. Williamson Co schools, for sure. However, houses that feed Ravenwood seem to be on the cheaper side. Given the choice of high schools, is there a clear winner? My children are 4,6, and 8 currently. I want the best academics possible for them, but I also acknowledge that the "snob factor" will likely exist on one or both campuses. We can reasonably afford a home in either zone, but just wanted some local opinions on the choice. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyInTX View Post
Possibly relocating to Brentwood and are looking at housing choices. Williamson Co schools, for sure. However, houses that feed Ravenwood seem to be on the cheaper side. Given the choice of high schools, is there a clear winner? My children are 4,6, and 8 currently. I want the best academics possible for them, but I also acknowledge that the "snob factor" will likely exist on one or both campuses. We can reasonably afford a home in either zone, but just wanted some local opinions on the choice. Thank you!
I deliver pizza all over that area, Brentwood, Franklin, Cool Springs ect...Out of all the communities I deliver to I like the McKays Mill neighborhood or the area near Ravenwood. When you get into actual Brentwood near Concord road you start getting more of that snob factor going on.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:21 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,547,052 times
Ravenwood is going to be re-zoned in 2015 when the new high school is built out towards Nolensville. The school committee has also asked for money to build a new high school in the northwest corner of the county too, so some of the Brentwood kids could be rezoned too before your kids get to high school l level.

Personally, I like the kids I know/observed from Brentwood High better. They seem more down to earth despite their affluence.

Williamson county tends to do a major rezoning every 5 years and spot rezoning constantly because of the growth. I would buy a house you like and not anticipate staying in a specific feeder pattern unless you are literally next to the school. There are high schools 3 miles and 7 miles from my house but I'm zoned to one that is 11 miles away.

McKay's mill which PP mentioned is zoned for Page High School

Old 12-05-2012, 08:35 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
Sorry to hear about the "snob factor" at either school . . . . have you actually experienced this?

Old 12-05-2012, 08:55 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
You will find several things at EVERY Williamson County high school-

High achievers and failing students
Nationally ranked athletes and obese students
Polite, well-mannered teens and those with records
Health-conscious and users
Hard-working kids with jobs and entitled kids who are handed $ for everything
Social, well-adjusted students and attention-seeking kids who rebel
Down-to-earth kids and snobs
Brand new sports cars and camo pickups in the student lot

My point being, you can find whatever you seek at any of our schools. Your kids will get out of it what they put into it.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Sorry to hear about the "snob factor" at either school . . . . have you actually experienced this?
I assume you're talking to me. Yes I have experienced the snob factor, more with certain customers in certain areas of Williamson County. I meet lots of kids, teens, and thier parents in the area on my job, so there's no need to really be at the school to see what people are like. There's great people out there who have lots of money and are still humble and there's other people with money that do have that snob factor going on. I was just stating my experiences of which area I've seen more of the snob factor in. I see more of that attitude closer to Franklin road North of Concord Rd., but like I said there are good and bad people to deal with everywhere, I just get more snobs in that specific area compared to the rest of the County.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:31 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
Maybe something in the water at that particular intersection?

Old 12-06-2012, 01:28 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
"Big house" does not equal "snob."

Old 12-09-2012, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
"Big house" does not equal "snob."
How are you coming to the conclusion that you know anyone is relating these two factors? Are you assuming that I was giving my opinion stricktly on material possesions? If so, then you totally do not know where I'm coming from or why I think the way I do. If you spend some time and analyze what I said, you won't see at any point where I said big houses equals snobs. Maybe you have a big house and think I'm refering to you, who knows, but after doing this job for the last 2 years in that area, I know the vibe and the people of it's community better than someone who just does for instance, an office job and only knows people from your church or work, and your street where you live. I know people from your street, their street, the next neighborhood's streets, the next community's streets and everything in between in Williamson County.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:54 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
FWIW, I didn't take it as a judgement you were making about the houses. Maybe, like me, when they heard the area you describe, Wmsn4Life thought of those massive homes. I mean, they're hard to miss!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville