Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 07:35 AM

19 posts, read 69,410 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are looking into purchasing a custom build from Fox Ridge Homes in the Campbell Station area in Spring Hill. Does anyone have any information on the building experience with this builder, the homes, or the neighborhood/people in general? Any information is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 09:26 PM

20 posts, read 71,616 times
Have you bought it yet? I had a client buy in that area from Fox Ridge and he had a good experience. You can always find people with both extremes of experiences. You can get your best information about an area by driving around in the neighborhood - you can see the kind of homes they build, you can walk in homes in process and you can talk with people who might be outside, if the weather is nice. :-) You can hire a home inspector to look at the house in process. Have you looked at other communities and compared amenities and building materials for the same price? New houses sometimes tend to cost more per square foot than a resale. Is that worth it to you? If you have a Realtor, they can help you make sure the house you are buying is in line pricewise with comparable houses in the area. It is easy to buy above the area while adding the amenities you want for a new house.

Last edited by monicaneubauer; 12-30-2012 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: wanted to change my post

Old 12-31-2012, 02:05 PM

Thank you for the information. I am working with a realtor and this subdivision is offering hefty incentives. The neighborhood is beautiful as are the homes that are already built. We have already bought and so far the process has been smooth. We will definitely pay for an independent home inspection and appraisal before closing.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:50 AM

20 posts, read 71,616 times
Good for you. I am glad you are having a good experience.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 PM

3 posts, read 5,260 times
I'm about done with my fox ridge house in Spring Hill. I haven't had the best of luck, but I don't think it's been that bad. We ran through a few project managers due to the industry picking up.

Just make sure to swing by the house and take notes of things that don't look right. They're doing a good job trying to keep us happy.

Oh, and make sure they throw in a small deck to get the homeowners association moving. They absolutely hate Fox Ridge and like to make their life hard. I know one couple whose house was held up 6 months by the HOA and they ended up building in another sub. Ours was held up for a few weeks. Basically, Campbell Station was a custom builder sub with some really hefty price tags before the economy dropped and Saturn closed. Now with Fox Ridge building spec homes the HOA is looking out for their own. There are a lot of rules regarding building the same houses x lots apart, etc. I actually don't think they like two of the same models built on the same street. It's why I don't think the lot next to my house will ever sell. The future owner only has the choice of their smaller option with the Victoria Falls, Springbrook, and a Capri surrounding it.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:06 PM

Thanks for the information. I am still in the paperwork phase, but they told me from the beginning there would be a deck with the house, and the sales rep has double checked and tripled checked several things because she says the HOA is super strict. So they have been up front about that. I wonder if they are learning from their earlier mistakes.

I also was wondering if you had any concerns regarding fox ridge homes' reputation? I had previously read online about quality issues they had and been told about a recent news story that ran about a couple in Spring Hill who had major constructions problems with their fox ridge home. To be fair the article did not say what subdivision since there are a couple here in the area. I decided to go ahead with the buy because I learned the leadership at the front of the company was overhauled after the scandal a few years ago and had not read of any recent problems until this news story cropped up.

I am feeling confident however, because as you mentioned the HOA is super strict on the building specs and is giving the builder a hard time about requirements. We have heard over and over how the HOA at Campbell station demands higher quality builds so we are getting more than at other fox ridge home locations. I also plan on hiring an independent inspector and appraiser before closing.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:39 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,332,110 times
In general, I'm not too impressed with most new subdivisions and home builders. Too many are built too fast and too many corners are cut.

But, I can't tell you whether or not that applies to Fox Ridge Homes.

FWIW, here's their link from the Better Business Bureau:
Fox Ridge Homes, Inc. Business Review in Brentwood, TN - Middle Tennessee BBB

They got an 'A'...so I imagine they can't be too bad.

I did find this from the ripoff report from back in 2003:
Ripoff Report | Fox Ridge Homes | Complaint Review: 68095

It's fairly detailed, but I would take it with a grain of salt as it is only on person's side of the story.

Either way, it's smart to get your own inspector.

I would also check and see what the county thinks the property is worth (if you don't already know). That way you'll also know how much you'll be taxed on it.

You can find that information here. DM me if you need help with the link.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:02 PM

Great information! That rip off report is the same I had pulled up before, but the Better Business Bureau obviously holds more weight anyway. I went to the city link (for tax info) but no luck. It requires a previous owners name and sale dates which I don't have. Its a new build, so maybe this is why. I tried putting in minimum information, just the address and that didn't work either. It' s okay I think my most serious concerns are answered anyway.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:11 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,332,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majica26 View Post
Great information! That rip off report is the same I had pulled up before, but the Better Business Bureau obviously holds more weight anyway. I went to the city link (for tax info) but no luck. It requires a previous owners name and sale dates which I don't have. Its a new build, so maybe this is why. I tried putting in minimum information, just the address and that didn't work either. It' s okay I think my most serious concerns are answered anyway.
Try just the street name, no numbers, no "drive, street, way" etc. (i.e. type in 'campbell station' into property address -- you will get results). I've used it before, but for some reason it's being difficult. They may have changed systems.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:54 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
You'll have better luck finding it on the county website anyway, not the city.

Is this a new build or previously owned house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville