Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:47 AM

13,355 posts, read 39,979,089 times

Advertisements

The Nashville Business Journal reported today that the owner of CoolSprings Galleria has purchased the Sears there and plans to eventually expand and renovate the space to accommodate some specialty, high-end retailers.

Any idea what they have in mind? Any guesses? With all the money in that area I could see them trying to lure a high end department store to the mall, maybe a Bloomingdale's or Saks. Von Maur is also expanding into the Southeast with new locations in Atlanta, maybe they're interested in coming to Nashville.

Anyway, what do you think?

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 12:08 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,220,402 times
They have said they plan to use the space for smaller stores and possibly a restaurant rather than try to attract another anchor store. Of course, they doesn't mean much. If a big-name store wanted the space I'm sure they would be glad to rent it to them as long as it attracted more business than a Sears.

There is a Sears left in the Bellevue Mall in my neighborhood. I'm not sure how the thing stays in business (the rest of the mall is basically closed). It's sort of hidden from the road. I forget it's even here.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:07 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,475,272 times
I'd be surprised if Saks moved in there...took them years and years to decide to come to Green Hills. Having a 2nd store so close (relatively speaking) wouldn't make much sense. Though, as alleycat noted, I'm sure if they offered, the mall would jump at the chance to have a large anchor store.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:08 PM

569 posts, read 1,425,985 times
You are obviously not much of a shopper Don....that's a Nordstrom in Green Hills

Old 07-03-2013, 06:58 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,475,272 times
Definitely not. Shows what I know. Isn't there Saks somewhere out there?

Hey...wait a minute...maybe we can get the Saks to come to the old Hendersonville K Mart strip mall!?!

Yeah, I really don't know much about shopping. Ha.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:38 AM

569 posts, read 1,425,985 times
Ha ha. There's an Off Fifth Saks outlet in Opry Mills...maybe that's what you're thinking of. And I think they've been in the news lately because Saks is looking for more warehouse space to expand since they're running out of room in Lavergne or Smyrna or somewhere down that way. I agree...putting a Saks in that old Kmart would definitely spruce it up. That spot needs some improvement.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:29 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,339,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgefield D View Post
Ha ha. There's an Off Fifth Saks outlet in Opry Mills...maybe that's what you're thinking of. And I think they've been in the news lately because Saks is looking for more warehouse space to expand since they're running out of room in Lavergne or Smyrna or somewhere down that way. I agree...putting a Saks in that old Kmart would definitely spruce it up. That spot needs some improvement.
Eh...I think they should put it somewhere on 5th.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:08 AM

909 posts, read 1,063,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
They have said they plan to use the space for smaller stores and possibly a restaurant rather than try to attract another anchor store. Of course, they doesn't mean much. If a big-name store wanted the space I'm sure they would be glad to rent it to them as long as it attracted more business than a Sears.

There is a Sears left in the Bellevue Mall in my neighborhood. I'm not sure how the thing stays in business (the rest of the mall is basically closed). It's sort of hidden from the road. I forget it's even here.
Didn't get Sears in Bellevue screw themselves by signing a 99 year lease when the mall was being built? (unless the entire mall becomes something else, doesn't this mean they are stuck there?)

The Sears in Stones River Mall on the other hand does a brisk business. They sell lots of appliances and that must equal good $$$.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:43 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,339,591 times
Sears is dying a slow death.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:58 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,220,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVofM View Post
Didn't get Sears in Bellevue screw themselves by signing a 99 year lease when the mall was being built? (unless the entire mall becomes something else, doesn't this mean they are stuck there?)
I don't really know.

About a year or so ago I was stopped in the Publix parking lot by a reporter for The Tennessean who wanted to interview me about the Sears store. I'm afraid I didn't have much good to say about it. The one time I went to the store I was looking for window curtain hardware (I thought Sears was at least good for tools and certain household items). I looked and looked and couldn't find a drapery department. I finally asked and was told that Sears had not put one in that store. It's was mostly just clothes. I haven't been back since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville