Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 10,489 times

Advertisements

moving in from western illinois burbs and looking at Clarksville area, mostly because we need a town with employment and because it has alot of available rental units. But since we do not know the area, we are not sure which area is the best to move into. We like a more open area, not the reach out and touch your neighbor from your window style of home We are finding quite a few homes that have a nice size yard, fenced for our dog and not too close to the neighbors. we just would like a little insight into the neighborhoods that have a better reputation so we know what we are moving into! Any help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 05:55 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,067,837 times
Secure a job first before moving....then we can help out with an area that fits your price range, wants, and needs....

Old 07-29-2013, 06:34 PM

1 posts, read 10,325 times
Moved here a little over a year and a half ago from the western burbs of IL. Not sure about the clarksvville area but you may want to look into the Hendersonville/Gallatin area. We love it out here. Nice people, nice parks, great schools, country feel yet suburban. Close to Nashville and surrounding burbs

Old 08-14-2013, 11:04 AM

17 posts, read 32,823 times
First, let me say that everybody is Clarksville associates their "neighborhood" with their exit number off of the interstate. The higher the number (the further south), the more affluent the area. Avoid Exit 1 (some nice houses, but looks can be deceiving.). Exit 4 is hit or miss. Exit 8 is nice and upcoming. Exit 11 is almost a small town all to itself. It had it's boom about 20 years ago and left Exit 8 as almost rural. Exit 8 is now experiencing a small boom.

I would stay in the Exit 11 area on the south side of town, especially if you have kids in school and plan to put them in public school. It is also the closest and easiest commute to Nashville, which greatly increases your job opportunities. Exit 8 will get you more land for your dollar, though, as will going out to Exit 19, which is truly rural.

Most of the rental units are going to be on the north side of town, though, primarily because it is close to Fort Campbell. Rentals are available on the south side, but they tend to go quickly and have higher rents than the north side. Most of the rentals on the south side are homes with the occasional condo unit, and if you venture a few miles out of town, you can find rentals with acreage and sometimes even a barn.

Stay around Exit 8 and Exit 11 and you won't have any problems in the neighborhood. Avoid Exit 1 as well as anything around Dover Rd., Dotsonville Rd., Liberty, Purple Heart, Peacher's Mill, Ft. Campbell Blvd, Lafayette, New Providence, and anything around the downtown area. Those are the worst areas. Exit 4 is hit or miss - there are nice neighborhoods intermingled with problem neighborhoods.

Exit 4 is also where most of the retail is, so you also have to deal with traffic in that area. Exit 11 has a smaller retail area, but has all that you'll really need (it really is like it's own little town - you will hear the area referred to as "Sango" also, as they really don't want to be associated with Clarksville). Most of the chain restaurants and the mall are at Exit 4, though. The industrial park is also at Exit 4.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:07 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
Exit 11 and 8 have the better school districts. I wouldn't go off of exit one or four.

Really, what interests you? How much money are you planning on making? Lots of jobs in clarksville, but a lot of them are service industry jobs.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:24 PM

7 posts, read 58,475 times
I live off of Exit 1 and am totally happy with our choice of location! We are in city limits which affords us lower water rates and our commute is minimal so we each fill up our vehicles apprx every 3 weeks. We have 2.5 acres about 2700 sq/ft 4 people. Our apprx monthly expenses $65 water/sewer, $300 city for power/cable/internet and then we also pay an additional 14 month for weekly home service garbage.

We have a high school junior attending Northeast High School which was named as a U.S News Best High Schools Bronze 2012. There is only one school district for the entire county, Clarksville Montgomery County School System. Please don't base your future home solely on the school zone as they frequently change with the growth that Clarksville is experiencing. There is a new high school going in in the area above Sam's Club and guess what?? They are pulling children from the areas north of I-24 across exits 1,4 and 8!

I should mention that I have only recently moved back to Clarksville after living in California for the past 25 years. I was born here and left because life offered me a better opportunity somewhere else. We are not a military family but there is an abundance of military families in my neighborhood along with city employees, teachers and law enforcement. I like the diversity!

Old 08-15-2013, 06:47 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip37040 View Post
I live off of Exit 1 and am totally happy with our choice of location! We are in city limits which affords us lower water rates and our commute is minimal so we each fill up our vehicles apprx every 3 weeks. We have 2.5 acres about 2700 sq/ft 4 people. Our apprx monthly expenses $65 water/sewer, $300 city for power/cable/internet and then we also pay an additional 14 month for weekly home service garbage.

We have a high school junior attending Northeast High School which was named as a U.S News Best High Schools Bronze 2012. There is only one school district for the entire county, Clarksville Montgomery County School System. Please don't base your future home solely on the school zone as they frequently change with the growth that Clarksville is experiencing. There is a new high school going in in the area above Sam's Club and guess what?? They are pulling children from the areas north of I-24 across exits 1,4 and 8!

I should mention that I have only recently moved back to Clarksville after living in California for the past 25 years. I was born here and left because life offered me a better opportunity somewhere else. We are not a military family but there is an abundance of military families in my neighborhood along with city employees, teachers and law enforcement. I like the diversity!
Exit one is closer to base, the schools are said to be not as good as those in the Rossview district. Traffic in and around tiny town road is horrible, police constantly patrol it with sobmany speeders and fatal accidents.

I like exit 11. Exit 8 is fine.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:49 PM

1 posts, read 9,610 times
Without the person saying what it is that's important to them, what is actually offered here is an insight into the psyche of the persons replying. I find these very interesting and enlightening!

Old 03-12-2016, 07:37 PM

1 posts, read 6,916 times
My family and I will be moving to ft cambell jn June. Currently we live in a very nice nerborhood with excellent schools, parks, and trails. I would like to find something very similar. We are military and will rent between 1200-1500 a month. After reading the comments it seems exit 8 and 11 are ideal? What are the names of the towns for each? How far away from base are each and how is the traffic getting onto base? TIA!

Old 11-10-2017, 10:29 PM

27 posts, read 22,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN37043 View Post
First, let me say that everybody is Clarksville associates their "neighborhood" with their exit number off of the interstate. The higher the number (the further south), the more affluent the area. Avoid Exit 1 (some nice houses, but looks can be deceiving.). Exit 4 is hit or miss. Exit 8 is nice and upcoming. Exit 11 is almost a small town all to itself. It had it's boom about 20 years ago and left Exit 8 as almost rural. Exit 8 is now experiencing a small boom.

I would stay in the Exit 11 area on the south side of town, especially if you have kids in school and plan to put them in public school. It is also the closest and easiest commute to Nashville, which greatly increases your job opportunities. Exit 8 will get you more land for your dollar, though, as will going out to Exit 19, which is truly rural.

Most of the rental units are going to be on the north side of town, though, primarily because it is close to Fort Campbell. Rentals are available on the south side, but they tend to go quickly and have higher rents than the north side. Most of the rentals on the south side are homes with the occasional condo unit, and if you venture a few miles out of town, you can find rentals with acreage and sometimes even a barn.

Stay around Exit 8 and Exit 11 and you won't have any problems in the neighborhood. Avoid Exit 1 as well as anything around Dover Rd., Dotsonville Rd., Liberty, Purple Heart, Peacher's Mill, Ft. Campbell Blvd, Lafayette, New Providence, and anything around the downtown area. Those are the worst areas. Exit 4 is hit or miss - there are nice neighborhoods intermingled with problem neighborhoods.

Exit 4 is also where most of the retail is, so you also have to deal with traffic in that area. Exit 11 has a smaller retail area, but has all that you'll really need (it really is like it's own little town - you will hear the area referred to as "Sango" also, as they really don't want to be associated with Clarksville). Most of the chain restaurants and the mall are at Exit 4, though. The industrial park is also at Exit 4.
This is very helpful! we are planning at some point to move there and I've had my eye on Sango because of the schools.
This was posted in2013, does this all still hold true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville