Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 02:36 PM

45 posts, read 79,480 times

Advertisements

I found the perfect condo here:
2929 Selena Dr #D53

| Is this a safe area of Nashville? Has anyone ever owned/rented from this condo place? Is it noisy? Is it a good nice area to live in? Are there allot of kids here? We would prefer not to be at a place with tons of kids running around! The less the better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 03:03 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
It might be safe enough. I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if the crime rate in that area is just a little higher than the average in Nashville (there are crime maps of the Nashville area you can view online).

It might be okay for a short-term rental. I wouldn't want to buy in that area, I don't think. I've familiar with the general area, but I don't live close by. Someone else might know the area better than I do.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:31 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
My friend coaches football at Glencliff HS and wouldn't live there.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:11 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
I've got a friend who bought a 1 level condo out in the Priest Lake area, she likes the area & hasn't had any problems. You might want to check out the are on Clearlake Drive West, w Priestlake Dr or Anderson Road.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:16 PM

815 posts, read 2,018,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
My friend coaches football at Glencliff HS and wouldn't live there.
I really don't know why he wouldn't, other than the area has more Hispanics he may prefer to live around than some other areas of town, or maybe he doesn't want to live near his students, other than that the Glencliff area is a quiet, older area of Nashville.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:19 AM

620 posts, read 1,198,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
I really don't know why he wouldn't, other than the area has more Hispanics he may prefer to live around than some other areas of town, or maybe he doesn't want to live near his students, other than that the Glencliff area is a quiet, older area of Nashville.

That area is white. Just because it's off nolensville road doesn't make it a Latino neighborhood. Op the area is fine. It's kind of close to downtown so it's going to have more problem with crime than some distant suburb. The areas isn't exactly hip so there won't be many people defending the neighborhood. Nothing wrong with it really. It's not the hood or anything.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:37 AM

815 posts, read 2,018,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
That area is white. Just because it's off nolensville road doesn't make it a Latino neighborhood. Op the area is fine. It's kind of close to downtown so it's going to have more problem with crime than some distant suburb. The areas isn't exactly hip so there won't be many people defending the neighborhood. Nothing wrong with it really. It's not the hood or anything.
The area is not considered kind of close to downtown, there are several more areas that are closer to downtown that would be considered "close" to downtown, and I440 is a major barrier that seperates the areas. As far as how close or far you are from downtown has nothing to do with how high or low crime in an area will be. The Gultch is downtown, is there a crime problem there, No. Yes the mentioned area has whites, but many of the whites are older, and yes, there are more Hispanics and other nationalities moving to the area, has been for over a decade now. Glencliff High School is the most internationally diverse schools in Metro. As mentioned, the area isn't that hip, its just everyday people going about their everyday lives. Not a bad area at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: