Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 02:35 PM

104 posts, read 190,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
I thought I was a Republican and was even active in Republican politics in Mass. Then I came here and realized I'm a flaming liberal in comparison.
I've not moved down there yet but I wonder what happens to a liberal from Maryland like me when they move there

Old 10-10-2014, 02:37 PM

473 posts, read 521,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape From NY View Post
Wow!, where do I begin.

Firstly, how am I "patting myself on the back" by choosing TN? Am I that important to you?

Secondly, you say I make it sound like there are two choices in this country LI or TN?
What does that even mean? I'm asking Nashville area transplants about their experience in relocating, should I have also asked them about Alaska or Wyoming to suit you? Amazing.

Lastly, telling me it sounds like I'll "fit right in", is that some sort of insult to both myself and the Nashville area folks? Real nice.

I have posted a few questions about the area on these forums and always received helpful and "nice" responses from these people (transplants and locals), you on the other hand come across as angry, bitter and miserable about both where you live, and where you have lived.
I get a sneaky suspicion you would be unhappy anywhere.

Going by your attitude, I can understand why northern transplants worry the locals. Rest assured folks, I'm nothing like this poster. Sorry for your bitterness, as I'm sure your neighbors are also.
OK, I take it back. Maybe you won't fit in here. One thing you do NOT see down here is people publicly chewing out a complete stranger like you do in New York.

Man, I am cracking up here. Better lose that New York edge, buddy. LOL!!!

Old 10-10-2014, 02:50 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,086,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksmart View Post
I've not moved down there yet but I wonder what happens to a liberal from Maryland like me when they move there
Probably hunted down and tortured. If I were to guess......

Old 10-10-2014, 02:52 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,550,417 times
Quote:
You will be fine. You will find your tribe, even here.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:57 PM

104 posts, read 190,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
You will be fine. You will find your tribe, even here.
I have no doubt. I have my own beliefs but I don't tend to worry too much about what others think as long as they're good people and there are no shortage of those in the Nashville area.

Old 10-10-2014, 03:03 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,086,310 times
Quote:
I have no doubt. I have my own beliefs but I don't tend to worry too much about what others think as long as they're good people and there are no shortage of those in the Nashville area.
That's how I am when I'm in California, except with the opposite views. As long as you don't let it get to you and just enjoy your life then you very likely won't have an issue.

Old 10-10-2014, 03:12 PM

65 posts, read 95,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtoBNA View Post
OK, I take it back. Maybe you won't fit in here. One thing you do NOT see down here is people publicly chewing out a complete stranger like you do in New York.

Man, I am cracking up here. Better lose that New York edge, buddy. LOL!!!
If you think that was "chewing you out" then you must not have been from NY.

Go back and reread your very condescending post and ask yourself if it was warranted.

Secondly, if your going to make backhanded downgrading comments about me and my reasons for being interested in the area, then be prepared for a response.

Sorry, but that's not a "NY thing", its a "standing up for yourself thing"

BTW if your not happy there either, move.

To everyone else, thanks for the responses, as we look forward to someday joining you in the fine city of Nashville.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:30 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,746,092 times
Quote:
You'll be fine if you move to Nashville. We usually vote Democrat while the rest of Middle Tenn. goes Republican.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:24 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,981,706 times
Quote:
Simply put, do you have any regrets on your relocation to the Nashville area?
In other words, now that you're there, if you could go back in time , would you do it again?

I know that a lot goes into these feelings, but I'm just looking for a heartfelt response here.
As I always say you guys and gals are great and I truly appreciate all your responses.

PS (to the locals, don't worry, not bringing any liberal views to your area, just the opposite actually.
Looking to escape this NY liberalism.)
I just moved back Northeast after 16 years, but no, I do not regret it at all. All regions have pros and cons.

Old 10-11-2014, 06:23 AM

362 posts, read 646,116 times
Quote:
If you think that was "chewing you out" then you must not have been from NY.

Go back and reread your very condescending post and ask yourself if it was warranted.

Secondly, if your going to make backhanded downgrading comments about me and my reasons for being interested in the area, then be prepared for a response.

Sorry, but that's not a "NY thing", its a "standing up for yourself thing"

BTW if your not happy there either, move.

To everyone else, thanks for the responses, as we look forward to someday joining you in the fine city of Nashville.
Love your response. Spoken like a true New Yorker. And just to note, a true "chewing out" with a New Yorker certainly will not end with "have a blessed day"

Ok, back on topic.

We are here just under six months and I love it. I'm building right now and the stress of building is something I am not enjoying one bit. But that being said, I love it here. Will NEVER go back to NY. I am so glad we made the move. I hated everything in NY. Hated the weather, the taxes, and especially being surrounded with liberal attitudes and ideas. We are true republican conservatives.

My parents just arrived under a week ago. They have just submitted their bid for a home. She just told me yesterday she loves it here.

Anything we could possibly miss, like certain stores or food.....well I believe lots of great things will be happening here within the next ten years.

Honestly, the only thing that freaks me out are the tornado warnings. But I have to believe this is gods will and just go with it.
I have no regrets whatsoever. I really do love it here. Love the people, love the landscape, I love everything about living in middle Tennessee.

Good luck and best wishes for making your way down and saying goodbye to the city that will be most targeted for terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville