Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 04:48 AM

3 posts, read 4,923 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I would greatly appreciate if ya'll could help me sort out our choices for housing.

* Looking for a very safe neighborhood
* As quiet as possible, ie., very little traffick noise,etc
* not all people with children
*Great eating nearby
* area that is stable or up and coming
*Good chance of future appreciation

Thanks so much

Last edited by homeseeker1.1; 02-08-2008 at 05:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 06:11 AM

95 posts, read 83,863 times
We are also looking for the same things!

Old 02-08-2008, 07:43 AM

48 posts, read 189,506 times
There are lot's of good choices in your price range. In Davidson County, I'd look in zip codes 37205, 37220, 37027 and 37221. If Williamson County is an option, I'd recommend 37069,37064,37067 and 37135. It really depends on what type of home you are looking for. You'll find a good mix of older ranch homes on larger lots, and newer construction in these area's. PM me if you'd like more specific information.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:34 PM

250 posts, read 1,014,700 times
Besides the criteria you've provided...here are a few other questions that can help us help you better:
  • What size home (square footage)?
  • how many bedrooms and baths?
  • does age of the house matter?
  • Where will you be working?
  • How long of a commute do you desire?
  • Do you have children in school?
Any other information you can provide will be great!

Old 02-24-2008, 10:00 PM

32 posts, read 125,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaugherty View Post
There are lot's of good choices in your price range. In Davidson County, I'd look in zip codes 37205, 37220, 37027 and 37221. If Williamson County is an option, I'd recommend 37069,37064,37067 and 37135. It really depends on what type of home you are looking for. You'll find a good mix of older ranch homes on larger lots, and newer construction in these area's. PM me if you'd like more specific information.
Heard a rumor about Williamson Co. building a new high school in Nolensville in the near future. What zip code would ensure my child would go to Ravenswood High School only?

Old 02-25-2008, 12:50 AM

317 posts, read 1,231,334 times
homeseeker1.1 and user1000:
There are several areas that it sounds like you might like. Two very established and larger suburbs that will have homes in that price range are both Franklin (37069, 37064, 37067) and Hendersonville (37075). Franklin is a little newer and is still growing. It has a mall and tons of restaurants and shopping concentrated in the Cool Springs area. It also has a historic part of town with more retail and restaurants with their own charm. Franklin is on the south side. It is in Williamson County which is popular for school districts for families. On the north side, Hendersonville is another great option. Many people really enjoy Hendersonville because it offers all of the modern conveniences you'd need, it's on top of a beautiful and really nice lake, and many also like the school districts there in Sumner County.
Mount Juliet is another option that is close to the airport, has easy access to the lake, and a lot of new growth (Providence, etc.). It's zip 37211. Again, I hear many people are pleased with Wilson County schools as well.
For a little further out, Spring Hill is a city that had a housing boom a few years back, but they are just now building the commercial, restaurants and retail to match it. It's about 15 minutes or so from the Cool Springs area, but it's at least 30 minutes from downtown Nashville. It is within Williamson County and zip 37174.
If none of these places are close enough to downtown Nashville for you, here are a few other options:
Brentwood is a suburb just north of Nashville. There will rarely be anything under $325k in Williamson County there, but it does also go into Davidson County where you will see quite a few things pop up in Brentwood for that county. It's a desirable area, but since the school districts are different, the prices are not as much as Williamson County, Brentwood. It's convenient to many different areas including downtown, Franklin, airport, Green Hills, etc. That zip is 37027.

Within Nashville, there are a couple of places that might be of interest to you. West Meade area in Nashville is 37205. Bellevue area in Nashville is 37221. Bellevue is convenient to the Green Hills and Downtown areas. You might also check out the area between Brentwood and Antioch in Nashville with the 37211 zip code.

Then there's the strip where I really don't know what to call it because it changes. It's along the section of Nolensville Road where Brentwood, Nashville, Nolensville all intersect, meet or come near one another. It's a small section where there is a ton of growth taking place and several of the neighborhoods are even split between a couple of cities just within the neighborhood, so you can imagine that it's hard to say what city you'd be in around that area because the lines are a bit crazy.

CITYCHICK,
You are correct that there will be a new high school built in the future. Unfortunately, it will be hard to find a guarantee that your child will attend Ravenwood. They change things up quite a bit. I don't think they've established where they will make the division yet, so if that is important in your search, I would imagine that it would be safe to say the subdivisions right on top of the school itself, would be the safest option (Highland Park, etc.). Certainly, if you live in Nolensville, your child will be at the new Nolensville school. But then again, a lot of the people that live on the far east side of Brentwood along Concord will probably also be looking at the new school too. It's impossible to say for sure until they establish the boundaries. Even then, it can still change down the line. You should call the school board to see if you can get an answer.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:23 PM

625 posts, read 4,571,751 times
Williamson County = kids, kids, kids
unless you live in a condo maybe, but in general that place is overrun with soccer moms and their spawn-Franklin more so than Brentwood.

there are a lot of great eating places though-I work in Cool Springs so I'm down there everyday...but I didn't want to live in familyville and also wanted a safe place, good size house, and accessible to the West side of town where I usually hangout so I bought a house in Bellevue off Highway 100. It's in Poplar Creek Estates (if you google it, our neighborhood has a website with listings on it).

Oh yeah, Denawilliams who posted above was my agent if you're looking for someone (thanks Dena!)

Old 02-26-2008, 10:30 PM

32 posts, read 125,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denawilliams View Post
homeseeker1.1 and user1000:
There are several areas that it sounds like you might like. Two very established and larger suburbs that will have homes in that price range are both Franklin (37069, 37064, 37067) and Hendersonville (37075). Franklin is a little newer and is still growing. It has a mall and tons of restaurants and shopping concentrated in the Cool Springs area. It also has a historic part of town with more retail and restaurants with their own charm. Franklin is on the south side. It is in Williamson County which is popular for school districts for families. On the north side, Hendersonville is another great option. Many people really enjoy Hendersonville because it offers all of the modern conveniences you'd need, it's on top of a beautiful and really nice lake, and many also like the school districts there in Sumner County.
Mount Juliet is another option that is close to the airport, has easy access to the lake, and a lot of new growth (Providence, etc.). It's zip 37211. Again, I hear many people are pleased with Wilson County schools as well.
For a little further out, Spring Hill is a city that had a housing boom a few years back, but they are just now building the commercial, restaurants and retail to match it. It's about 15 minutes or so from the Cool Springs area, but it's at least 30 minutes from downtown Nashville. It is within Williamson County and zip 37174.
If none of these places are close enough to downtown Nashville for you, here are a few other options:
Brentwood is a suburb just north of Nashville. There will rarely be anything under $325k in Williamson County there, but it does also go into Davidson County where you will see quite a few things pop up in Brentwood for that county. It's a desirable area, but since the school districts are different, the prices are not as much as Williamson County, Brentwood. It's convenient to many different areas including downtown, Franklin, airport, Green Hills, etc. That zip is 37027.

Within Nashville, there are a couple of places that might be of interest to you. West Meade area in Nashville is 37205. Bellevue area in Nashville is 37221. Bellevue is convenient to the Green Hills and Downtown areas. You might also check out the area between Brentwood and Antioch in Nashville with the 37211 zip code.

Then there's the strip where I really don't know what to call it because it changes. It's along the section of Nolensville Road where Brentwood, Nashville, Nolensville all intersect, meet or come near one another. It's a small section where there is a ton of growth taking place and several of the neighborhoods are even split between a couple of cities just within the neighborhood, so you can imagine that it's hard to say what city you'd be in around that area because the lines are a bit crazy.

CITYCHICK,
You are correct that there will be a new high school built in the future. Unfortunately, it will be hard to find a guarantee that your child will attend Ravenwood. They change things up quite a bit. I don't think they've established where they will make the division yet, so if that is important in your search, I would imagine that it would be safe to say the subdivisions right on top of the school itself, would be the safest option (Highland Park, etc.). Certainly, if you live in Nolensville, your child will be at the new Nolensville school. But then again, a lot of the people that live on the far east side of Brentwood along Concord will probably also be looking at the new school too. It's impossible to say for sure until they establish the boundaries. Even then, it can still change down the line. You should call the school board to see if you can get an answer.
Thanks Dena...I have spoken with the school board about this and I can't get a straight answer. I truly believe they do not want people to know or are waiting to the where the growth ) overcrowding will be worse. Just a sidebar, have you or do you know if Will Co. will allow "zone variance"?

I have learned so much from reading your insight replys....I cannot thank you enough...KNOWLEDGE IS POWER I hope to be a LIFELONG LEARNER and hopefully not the HARD way....FUTURE HOMEBUYERS RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH Best Regards

Old 03-03-2008, 07:01 PM

6 posts, read 34,272 times
My wife and I are retiring to Nashville this year from Oklahoma, and we decided to build a home in the Sugar Valley subdivision off of Nolensville Pike. We liked the wide variety of plans and the quality of the construction.

The lots are small (which I wanted). It's in Davidson County (Cane Ridge is the city). Moderator cut: deleted link

Last edited by Beretta; 03-04-2008 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: deleted link to real estate site

Old 08-26-2010, 10:19 PM

2 posts, read 11,149 times
I was wondering this same thing. I am a certified teacher and thinking about moving close to nashville. I would like to find a location that I can have livestock, if I wanted, a house with 4 rooms, and in a good school district for my kids. Is that possible?

Do you know if jobs are available in this area as well?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville