Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2019, 04:49 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,823,674 times

Advertisements

Hi, 4 of us are coming to visit next week. I'm reading about "high crime" areas and one post said to avoid the area by the airport, but that's where we're staying. We don't plan to wander around after dark. What is the area like (day & night) around Phat Bites? I definitely want to go there.

We're gonna go to a restaurant by Bridgestone for the Preds' first home game. With Ryman nearby, I'm sure all the lots fill up quick. I was looking at parkopedia and parkitdowntown, but I can't find a map of the garages that are free evenings and weekends. (From the web - Most all of the Tennessee Government parking lots, excluding Metro Nashville lots, offer free parking after normal business hours and on weekends. There are about eight to 10 of these lots located in the downtown area, and they all will have signs posted identifying them as such.) The link to the TDOT site doesn't show them. Anyone know of a site that does?
Thanks very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 07:50 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
I wouldn't go walking around Donelson at night but you'll be find driving around the area of the airport and Phat Bites. Lots of commercial zoning...many small strip malls, chain restaurants, small businesses, etc. I have never felt unsafe there day or night but like anywhere....use good judgment and common sense.

Free weekend parking downtown is rare. Here's the interactive map on parkitdowntown.com. As a general rule, the lots you mentioned are north of the State Capitol adjacent to the Bicentennial Mall.

Personally, I would consider paying for parking closer to the arena even though it will be more costly and crowded. Or uber/lyft instead.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:42 AM

Thanks, I saw that site and I guess I have to click on every lot to find the free ones. I do want to park close to Bridgestone so we don't mind paying, I just wondered where the free lots were.

Old 09-27-2019, 11:29 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times
The State of TN lots would be in the upper left hand corner, near the green space - parks. When you click on it, it says "State of TN". Here's the thing, though . . . none of them actually SAY free parking. That information might be old?

If you go early, try the Music City Center (the wavy building just south of the Bridgestone) - they list $15 rates for from 5 to 9 hours. There's 4 of you to split the parking - $4 each. That's really not outrageous and much much closer. Just hang out for an hour or so after the game which won't be hard to do, while traffic clears. It's a nice garage - high ceilings, very well lit.

https://www.parkitdowntown.com/nashv...-center-garage

Old 09-27-2019, 11:38 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
My go-to lots are at the Pinnacle Building Garage (3rd ave between Broadway and Demonbreun, next to the Symphony), the Omni Hotel Garage (Korean Vets Pkwy between 4th and 5th Ave), and Lipscomb Spark Garage at 4th and Commerce. The first 2 will be more expensive, but slightly closer and likely a little easier to get out of downtown. Surface lots...might be something at the Frist Center (Demonbreun St/9th Ave), check the 2 adjacent lots on 5th and Commerce (they are usually always full), or the lot across from McKendree Methodist Church on Church St between 5th and 6th Ave.

You'll see there is surface parking on the map next to Bridgestone Arena but in my experience this is usually reserved parking though depending on the event it might be open to anyone.

Hope you enjoy!

Old 09-27-2019, 01:28 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times
When I first moved here, the surface lots were attended and you paid by the hour. Dives me crazy now with those self service machines where up to two hours is maybe $4 but from 2 hours to 24 hours is $20!! The Library used to be a great spot but rates are $14 for from 4.5 hours to 24 hours. I guess it's still a good deal for 24 hours!

Old 09-27-2019, 03:05 PM

Thank you!

Old 09-28-2019, 03:12 AM

3,049 posts, read 3,317,957 times
Get FREE parking for events Best Ever Event Parking at Lot D at Nissan Stadium. Walk across bridge for $3.00 shuttle.

Get $5.00 parking at Metro Courthouse evenings & weekends. Entrance from James Robertson Parkway & Gay Street. Walk to 2nd Ave then to Bridgestone.

Get $10.00 parking evenings (after 6pm) and weekends (Saturday-Sunday).Walk past the Ryman to Bridgestone.

WeGo MTA bus system changes effective Sunday Sept 29 so there are no more Free Blue/Green circuit bus.

Last edited by GWoodle; 09-28-2019 at 03:28 AM..

Old 09-28-2019, 04:37 AM

Thanks so much GWoodle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville