Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2020, 11:44 AM

10 posts, read 15,670 times

Advertisements

We are looking at a potential move to the area and wanted to get information on clubs. Drove through Richlands which looked lovely, but we don't know what our options are. Does anyone have any sight on this topic? we are an active tennis/golf family with young teenagers, and we are pretty much focused on brentwood because of the schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 11:53 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
Are you also wanting to live in a country club neighborhood? Brentwood has Brentwood Country Club in the main part of Brentwood on Franklin Road, zoned for Brentwood High. And Governor’s Club in east Brentwood, off Concord Road, zoned for Ravenwood High. Both are active family country clubs.

Old 09-03-2020, 01:02 PM

914 posts, read 1,982,701 times
How much are you wanting to spend in initiation fees and monthly plus food minimums?

Here are some options:
1. Brentwood Country Club - In the heart of Brentwood but on the expensive end of things
2. Richland Country Club - My sense is that this is t super focused on young families. It’s also relatively expensive.
3. Old Natchez Country Club (I am a member there) - Very family friendly. Initiation fees of $3000-$5000 and monthly fees of $350-450. There are food minimums as well. They are totally revamping the pool area this winter. Big tennis and golf programs for kids and adults.
The variation in price is related to member age and membership level. It is to the west of Brentwood and North of Franklin.
4. Temple Hills - Slightly more affordable than Old Natchez. It is a Club Corp course. Family friendly. It is located close to Bellevue in the northwest reaches of Williamson County.
5. Governors Club - East Brentwood. I’m not really familiar with it at all.

There are some more options further away, but those are centered around Brentwood.

Score wise the three top schools in Wilco for high school are Brentwood, Eavenwood, and Franklin In that order. However, I don’t think you’ll see a tremendous difference between the three.

Old 09-03-2020, 02:12 PM

48 posts, read 40,129 times
My father has been a member of Richland CC for almost 30 years now- highly recommend.

Old 09-03-2020, 02:39 PM

Thank you! The initiation fee is not an issue. We have a fairly formal club currently and intend to remain national members there, so we would like something as nice if we can find it!

Old 09-03-2020, 02:42 PM

It looks really beautiful. Our club here is very old and traditional (tennis whites required, strict dress code etc), and we are looking for something similar. I drove past Belle Meade as well but heard it was an older crowd and it seems a bit far from Brentwood...

Old 09-03-2020, 05:29 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Most of my friends with kids in the house are members of either Brentwood CC or Richland.

My experience with Governors Club is that, while it does have families living there, its primary membership is retirees enjoying happy hour, in the club AND in the golf carts.

I would take location into consideration also. If you end up buying on the east side of Brentwood, getting to Richland (which is technically located in Nashville) could be a haul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville