Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 07:02 PM

7 posts, read 22,984 times

Advertisements

My husband I would like to relocate from Michigan to the Nashville area. We took a tour of the Lake Providence +55 Community and it is very nice, but we're not sure we want to be in an age restricted community. I would like to hear from anyone who lives in the non-age restricted Providence Community. Are there clubs and/or groups that include retirees? I'm 57 and my husband is 61. We injoy playing cards, golfing, scrapbooking, crocheting, bicycling, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 08:11 AM

162 posts, read 550,625 times
There are some in the non age restricted community that a friend of mine lives in at Providence. Both would be pretty close to Hermitage Golf Course too (two fantastic courses: http://www.hermitagegolf.com/)

Old 02-06-2009, 10:33 AM

159 posts, read 333,059 times
My husband & I are also looking at moving to Nashville. He is 62 & I am 61. We are from Northern Ill. I will be retiring from teaching in June and he's already retired. We had looked at the Del Webb place several times and felt we weren't old enough for it. Our son and family live South of Franklin and we really like that area better than the Mt. Juliet area. We have been looking for the last 2 years and have kind of settled on the Spring Hill, Thompsons Station area. If you would like to email me I would be glad to give you any help I can.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:29 AM

My husband and I have looked in Franklin and Thompson Station. We didn't visit Spring Hill. We visited Westhaven and McKays Mill in Franklin and Tollgate Village in Thompson Station. Westhaven was really nice, but was a little pricey. The Tollgate Village seemed too new with not a lot of homes. What communities in the Spring Hill area would you recommend for retirees?

Old 02-07-2009, 06:48 AM

If distance/convenience isn't a major factor - there are some fun houses around Kings Creek Golf Course that have a lot of appeal too (if you decide to be outside of Williamson County). Or if the prices get a little more reasonable, and you LOVE convenience, the McEwen project in Cool Springs (from Southern Land Company) might turn out to be fantastic for your lifestyle.

Del Webb is also supposed to be coming to Thompson’s Station... but are you sure Weshaven's new offerings are not more reasonable on price?

Last edited by kpellatiro; 02-07-2009 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: repeated

Old 02-07-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kds-retire07 View Post
My husband and I have looked in Franklin and Thompson Station. We didn't visit Spring Hill. We visited Westhaven and McKays Mill in Franklin and Tollgate Village in Thompson Station. Westhaven was really nice, but was a little pricey. The Tollgate Village seemed too new with not a lot of homes. What communities in the Spring Hill area would you recommend for retirees?
We have been looking in Crowne Point and Campbell Station. Williamson County seems to be better than Maury Co and I do not like anything south of Duplex road, but that's just my opinion. The houses are jam-packed in. Spring Hill has a brand new rec center. My husband just got back from TN and went to look at it while he was there. He was impressed. The Crossings is supposed to be a new mall and looks nice too. He looked at Tollgate and Cantebury and didn't like either of those developments.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:31 AM

Del Webb is also supposed to be coming to Thompson’s Station..

Do you know when and where in T.S.?

Old 02-07-2009, 05:47 PM

627 posts, read 1,845,842 times
My guess is with home sales coming to a complete halt, Del Webb isn't going to be building in Thompsons Station for a long, long time.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:27 PM

I would like to hear from anyone who lives in Mount Juliet in the Providence Community. Are there activities that bring the homeowners together as a whole or small groups? Are there opportunities to get involved in the community? Do you know if there is a homeowners website? Thanks.....

Old 02-09-2009, 08:22 AM

Big TR makes a very good point, but the location is thought to be near Bridgemore Village and Cantebury side of Thompsons Station.

kds-retire07 - this calendar is a shot of the intranet site that the community uses (that site not available to the public) and gives an excellent schedule of events:
http://www.delwebb.com/newsletter/febcalendar.pdf (broken link)

They do offer guest passes, inviting potential residents to come out and enjoy the different events, talk with residents directly, and see if this might be right for your plans. Sherry - lifestyle director at the club house - might be an excellent contact for you there (unfortunately she is out this week for training).

Hope this helps...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville