Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 09:39 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times

Advertisements

I've got a couple questions:

1) Anybody visit the Providence planned community and can share their opinions on it?

2) Most of the homes that I'm seeing online have huge staircases leading up to the front door. Please forgive my ignorance, but is this because of snow or some other issue there in TN? I would prefer to NOT have 10-20 steps up to my house .

3) What kinds of problems do homeowners normally have in TN (mold, termites, radon, etc,)?

Thanks in advance for your help !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 01:14 PM

9 posts, read 95,720 times
Hi

I've been out to that area and it is very nice. The houses (in my opinion) are overpriced, but I like the idea of having the community ammenities in the subdivision.

I'm not sure the answers to your other questions, sorry! I'm thinking about moving to the Mt. Juliet area and Providence was one of our choices. I just don't think the homes are that great of quality for the money they are asking.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:48 PM

Talking Thank you for responding Sarah!!

Can you please tell me if there are any other subdivisions that you like in Mt Juliet? Also, do you have an opinion of Hendersonville? Lastly, have you seen any subdivisions with 3 car garages? I'm having a heck of a time finding any in my online searches .

Old 02-16-2007, 06:40 AM

I don't know a lot about Hendersonville, sorry. I work with a few people that live up there and they love it. Here are some subdivisions I've found in Mt. Juliet.

Chandler Pointe
Hickory Hills
Parrish Place
Quad Oak Valley
Saddle Wood
Stonehollow
Timber Trail
The Park at Mt. Vernon
Trailwood Farms
Willoughby Station

I don't know what your budget it, but these are the subdivisions I've found. I haven't seen many with 3 car garages. 2 is about the maximum I've seen. What websites are you looking on for houses?

I think Providence is nice, but you don't get a lot of house for your dollar.

I was looking at Willoughby Station because the have a pool, playground, etc. Hickory Hills and Chandler Pointe were a couple I was looking at as well. I actually looked at a house in Willoughby Station 2 nights ago. I wasn't crazy about the layout of the house or how close the other houses were. I'm having a hard time deciding where I want to move!

If you have a MLS number for any house you are interested in, let me know and I will look it up on the realtor website I have access too. I'm not a realtor, but a friend of mine has access to the site so she hooked me up. I can tell you how long it's been on the market, if the price has been reduced, etc.

Old 02-16-2007, 06:52 AM

I should rephrase what I said about Providence. Some of the homes look like the price is fair for the amount you spend and the square footage you get. But others are overpriced. So it really depends on what area in Providence you like.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:31 PM

Thanks for all the info Sarah! I've sent you a PM requesting info on a home. If you remember what subs have 3 car garages or are able to pull them up on your real estate website, I would appreciate it. I am currently using eHBSR and it's very good, but still has some limits. Have a wonderful weekend and best wishes in your search :-)

Old 02-17-2007, 06:25 PM

225 posts, read 1,144,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happydawglady View Post
Thanks for all the info Sarah! I've sent you a PM requesting info on a home. If you remember what subs have 3 car garages or are able to pull them up on your real estate website, I would appreciate it. I am currently using eHBSR and it's very good, but still has some limits. Have a wonderful weekend and best wishes in your search :-)
As of today, there were 53 homes on the market in Mt. Juliet listed with a three car garage. Price ranged from $128,000 - 8,400,000 and there are just too many subdivisions to list here. If you want to send me a PM with your price range, I'll be happy to narrow the search and send you the MLS numbers and subdivision names that fit your search fields. Also, if you want a specific size home, age home, or lot size I can narrow that down for you too. It's hard to search on the consumer side and put in a lot of parameters in the search fields. Good luck in your home search! Mt. Juliet is a beautiful area.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:49 AM

3 posts, read 14,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1976 View Post
I don't know a lot about Hendersonville, sorry. I work with a few people that live up there and they love it. Here are some subdivisions I've found in Mt. Juliet.

Chandler Pointe
Hickory Hills
Parrish Place
Quad Oak Valley
Saddle Wood
Stonehollow
Timber Trail
The Park at Mt. Vernon
Trailwood Farms
Willoughby Station

I don't know what your budget it, but these are the subdivisions I've found. I haven't seen many with 3 car garages. 2 is about the maximum I've seen. What websites are you looking on for houses?

I think Providence is nice, but you don't get a lot of house for your dollar.

I was looking at Willoughby Station because the have a pool, playground, etc. Hickory Hills and Chandler Pointe were a couple I was looking at as well. I actually looked at a house in Willoughby Station 2 nights ago. I wasn't crazy about the layout of the house or how close the other houses were. I'm having a hard time deciding where I want to move!

If you have a MLS number for any house you are interested in, let me know and I will look it up on the realtor website I have access too. I'm not a realtor, but a friend of mine has access to the site so she hooked me up. I can tell you how long it's been on the market, if the price has been reduced, etc.
Need more info on MT Juliet

Thank Thank You

stackrj@msn.com

Old 09-03-2007, 06:55 PM

4 posts, read 11,800 times
does anyone have any information about the quality of the home builders in the new providence community? i read a post on Rate Your Builder website from a woman who had bought a new home there who described a real nightmare re: defects in the construction and obtaining the promised home warrenty. I need to buy a house by 6/08 and like that area, but the web info is scaring me off about homebuilders.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:02 PM

15 posts, read 74,222 times
I've been looking in that area as well, smoc, does anyone have information on housing construction quality in mt juliet or what to look for to ensure we don't buy poorly built homes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: