Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 01:16 PM

28 posts, read 61,195 times

Advertisements

What do Nashvillians think of Europeans, specially people from UK and Switzerland?

thank you for your answers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 01:35 PM

317 posts, read 1,231,563 times
I think you'll find Nashville to be very diverse and full of people from all over the world who comfortably call this home. I'll also say that you'll probably find most people to be friendly and welcoming here as a general rule. I am placing a family here this month from the UK and recently helped a family from Germany relocate here (who really loves Nashville.). While I've personally not met anyone who lives here from Switzerland, I've run across lots of people from other European countries, including the UK that seem to really enjoy it here. In my neighborhood alone, there are people from Russia, UK, Spain, Portugal and France among quite a few other non-European countries. I keep trying to convince everyone we need to have a community potluck...how good would that be? Good luck in your decision.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:02 PM

Thank you for your answer.
I asked this question because I read a few posts about racism in Nashville. I was a bit scared of not beeing accepted because of my french accent or the english accent of my girlfriend.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:10 PM

317 posts, read 1,231,563 times
We love accents here! There is quite the french speaking group here in Nashville due to a few of the companies in town that are big French companies.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:03 PM

It's nice to know nashvillians are open people!

Old 11-12-2008, 05:31 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,220,402 times
You shouldn't have any problem. There are people from all over who live in Nashville, or come to visit. I work with two people from England, one from Laos, one from Hungary, one from Mexico; as well as people from many other parts of the US.

Out in my neighborhood there's a large Hindu temple on a hill.

About the only problem you might have is when you tell people you're from overseas and they all want to know what you think of Nashville, and where you're from, and how long you plan on staying, and where you've been, and offer suggestions for places you should go . . . etc. ;-)

Old 11-12-2008, 05:45 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,961,153 times
I love pride and smile on the faces of the natives here, when they ask you how you like TN. When you tell them you love it, they just grin from ear to ear! It's really cool.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:13 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,630,981 times
The natives here are very warm and welcoming. You have nothing to worry about.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:18 PM

187 posts, read 623,687 times
Around the Vanderbilt Medical Center and University campuses..you will find a large portion of the professors, physicians and even students are European, Asian and so many other nationalities that I can't mention them all. Nashville is very much a melting pot.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:44 AM

451 posts, read 1,372,392 times
My best friend in the whole world lives in England, near Liverpool. We visit each other often. When she is here in Nashville, she is made to feel very welcome by people in restaurants, stores, and all public places. All of us love her accent . She always comments on the friendliness and wishes there were some way she and her whole family could move here. So do i!!
You will be welcomed and will have a wonderful time here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville