Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 01:52 PM

252 posts, read 390,379 times

Advertisements

Hello: Could you folks recommend the nicest neighborhoods and areas of Hendersonville @ $250,000 to $350,000. What are the nicest New Home communities and the nicest established neighborhoods? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 02:37 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
The Maples is the best neighborhood in town by far. Very nice community pool with lots of women. There are a couple of houses on the market in Waterview Estates (a section of The Maples) in the 300s right now. Nice homes that are less than an eighth of a mile from the lake. You should check it out.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:07 PM

187 posts, read 611,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlfamily View Post
Hello: Could you folks recommend the nicest neighborhoods and areas of Hendersonville @ $250,000 to $350,000. What are the nicest New Home communities and the nicest established neighborhoods? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Do you have children? How much property are you looking to have? Just a few questions to better answer yours??

Old 04-09-2008, 04:20 PM

252 posts, read 390,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2three View Post
Do you have children? How much property are you looking to have? Just a few questions to better answer yours??
No Kids and would like a bigger wooded lot (vs a smaller one). Also would love walking trails and open space if possible-- Thanks so Much

Old 04-10-2008, 07:54 AM

13 posts, read 71,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
The Maples is the best neighborhood in town by far. Very nice community pool with lots of women. There are a couple of houses on the market in Waterview Estates (a section of The Maples) in the 300s right now. Nice homes that are less than an eighth of a mile from the lake. You should check it out.
Pimp, I'm sure they could care less that there's lots of women. This is a family you are talking to.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:02 AM

187 posts, read 611,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintotennessee View Post
Pimp, I'm sure they could care less that there's lots of women. This is a family you are talking to.
Funny you say that. No offense to Pimpy, but I really have not seen many post's from him that don't mention "The Women".

Old 04-10-2008, 11:28 AM

66 posts, read 303,196 times
The Maples is nice enough, but not close to being the nicest neighborhood in Hendersonville. Blue Ridge is among the nicest neighborhoods. Also, there is a new neighborhood off New Shackle Island Rd. between the by-pass and Long Hollow Pike which is incredibly nice. (It's brand new and I can't remember the name of it.)

A lot of the homes in these developments cost more than $350,000.00. But, I think there are probably a few homes available in your price range.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:17 PM

2 posts, read 18,495 times
Default Bentree Subdivision is nice and established

Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlfamily View Post
Bentree Subdivision is nice and established

Old 04-11-2008, 09:48 AM

30 posts, read 147,643 times
Smile Apartments and Townhouses

After reviewing the comments on the best neighborhoods in Hendersonville, which is probably where I will relocate to, I am not interested in buying a residential home but want to rent for about 6 months first, and then buy a townhouse or maybe a small home. Any recommendations for the areas that were mentioned as being the best areas to live?

Any comments from anyone who is familiar with The Nottingham Apts. whether that would be a good choice to live for 6 months?

Also, is Hendersonville a good place for an over 55+ single woman to live?

I would welcome any comments regarding the lifestyle in this up and coming community.

Thanks from Boston!

Old 04-11-2008, 12:00 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzizza View Post
After reviewing the comments on the best neighborhoods in Hendersonville, which is probably where I will relocate to, I am not interested in buying a residential home but want to rent for about 6 months first, and then buy a townhouse or maybe a small home. Any recommendations for the areas that were mentioned as being the best areas to live?

Any comments from anyone who is familiar with The Nottingham Apts. whether that would be a good choice to live for 6 months?

Also, is Hendersonville a good place for an over 55+ single woman to live?

I would welcome any comments regarding the lifestyle in this up and coming community.

Thanks from Boston!
The Nottingham is not a bad place to live. It's on the Walton Ferry peninsula, a couple miles from Main St. Rent there for a few months and then come on over to the Indian Lake side where things are really hopping. If you're looking to buy a townhouse, Sterling Cove in The Maples is the only place you want to be. I think there is one on the market right now; check the MLS. Good luck with your move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville