Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 11:56 AM

91 posts, read 196,161 times

Advertisements

I want to roam naked with other folks. I've seen in in some articles and heard of skinny dipping but I'd love to do it for myself. Is it a common practice where you are from? Is it legal to walk around naked in parks and such without anyone batting an eyelid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 12:21 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times
I have where no one else was around for miles. Sad story though about skinny dipping. We were on a backpacking trip and came upon a deserted lake. Whipped our clothes off into some bushes and dove in.
Problem was, my undies were in a patch of poison oak and I didn't notice.
Bad. News.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:00 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
I would think that you have to carefully think about this. If you just take your clothes off anyplace; you could end up with one heck of a fine and now a registered sex offender. Look through these pages on public urination: //www.city-data.com/forum/true-...er-status.html It isn't just about urination - it is also about exposing yourself.

However; many areas do have nudist camps and I presume they have their bases covered (or uncovered).

Old 07-09-2013, 02:03 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
I have where no one else was around for miles. Sad story though about skinny dipping. We were on a backpacking trip and came upon a deserted lake. Whipped our clothes off into some bushes and dove in.
Bad. News.
sorry!!!!!

Old 07-09-2013, 02:59 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
The thought of chigger bites alone is enough to deter me.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:35 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Default Got one better

When I was in a summer college term at Mobile College in Mobile, Alabama (1970), the Baptist youth were trying to create a picnic area down by the river. Of course, it was summer so there probably weren't a hundred students on campus. Another young man and I volunteered to work on clearing some of the brush and small trees on the river where the youth group wanted to establish a site.

We both had a morning class, and then in the afternoon (summer--Mobile, Alabama!!!) we would go down to the lake and use machetes and sickles trying to accomplish a job that needed a dozen or more people. After a couple hours it would get hot and we would call it and go back to the dorm to shower.

One afternoon, my buddy said, "Let's go skinny dipping in the river!" So we did. Dove in and the water was so cool. We splashed around for about ten minutes when my buddy said, "Uh-oh," and pulled up a trout line strung all the way across the 30 yard river. There was a hook about every 18 inches.

I am so glad nothing was caught on any of those hooks that day.

Uh, that was the end of our skinny dipping foray.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
When I was in a summer college term at Mobile College in Mobile, Alabama (1970), the Baptist youth were trying to create a picnic area down by the river. Of course, it was summer so there probably weren't a hundred students on campus. Another young man and I volunteered to work on clearing some of the brush and small trees on the river where the youth group wanted to establish a site.

We both had a morning class, and then in the afternoon (summer--Mobile, Alabama!!!) we would go down to the lake and use machetes and sickles trying to accomplish a job that needed a dozen or more people. After a couple hours it would get hot and we would call it and go back to the dorm to shower.

One afternoon, my buddy said, "Let's go skinny dipping in the river!" So we did. Dove in and the water was so cool. We splashed around for about ten minutes when my buddy said, "Uh-oh," and pulled up a trout line strung all the way across the 30 yard river. There was a hook about every 18 inches.

I am so glad nothing was caught on any of those hooks that day.

Uh, that was the end of our skinny dipping foray.
Yow!

Old 07-09-2013, 03:37 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi851 View Post
I want to roam naked with other folks. I've seen in in some articles and heard of skinny dipping but I'd love to do it for myself. Is it a common practice where you are from? Is it legal to walk around naked in parks and such without anyone batting an eyelid?

Join a Nudist Camp/Retreat, they are perfectly legal and you should not be fined for walking around with no clothes on like you could if you are in a State or Federal Park Reserve or the local Park on the corner.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:44 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times
Do I need pictures to prove it?

Old 07-09-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Bad. News.

It would have been a miserable hike back but my dog took prednisone for an allergy issue and I took some of that (it was a human drug).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature