Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 05:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,116 times

Advertisements

Same exact problem here, I live in north Austin TX and these things are all over my back yard, I'm 100% certain these are.not fleas. They are impossible to get rid of. They tend to stick to all of my screens as well; which stops my ability to open the Windows freely. Anything left outside, like a sweater or towel, gets covered in them too. Bug spray (pet friendly) has been working temporarily, but I want them to be gone forever! I asked my neighbor and she says they've been here since she moved in 3 years ago!!! So many this is a lost cause, but I just wanted to let y'all know that you're not alone and these bugs are the worst. Not every time, but MOST times, I have multiple stuck to my hoody after coming inside. Rain and moisture play a huge factor as well, see more after a storm. There is also a man made creek on the other side of my fence, and this is where I think they camp out. Reading other articles, I would think they are springtails maybe. No bites or anything. I'm gonna do some more research and will rely it back here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 06:16 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
Never heard of 'em before now. Don't want 'em.

----> Springtail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-17-2014, 06:06 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Interesting. It looks like they love rotting leaves and such.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:08 AM

2 posts, read 899 times
I'm in the same boat but I see them lightly fly in the day time like one or two my husband kept saying oh it's the same bug but then we looked up one night as the lights were all on and noticed a crap load all along the white walls high up and on the kitchen light and in the living room cornersThey might bite I don't know because I can't stop itching my self at times . They look black gnat like if flying but flea like on the walls help!!!! My backyard is kind of gross the grass seems always wet so I think they are coming from that end but I'm worried about fungus gnats too

Old 09-24-2017, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 899 times
Oh and I'm in Virginia and this seem to have only started about a month ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature