Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 02:32 PM

624 posts, read 1,309,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Weston View Post
The problem is, all anyone ever sees is what they put on TV. You're assuming that this is all that Pelini does is yell get on player's butts. Nobody sees what happens later when Bo goes back to talk to the player or what he says after the game, during practice, during the week, etc. That's not news, so nobody ever sees it. The players have no problems with Bo and his attitude. Neither does Tom. Neither do I.
That is true, nobody knows what he's like during the week. But What matters most in earning a winning or perfect season is what happens on Saturday. I think Bo is a good coach. I just think he's terrible for motivation and confidence, and those are two factors that make up a lot of a consistent, suffocating team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Weston View Post
Part of the biggest problem right now is ego. Both with the players and the coaches. They had a sort of arrogance this year like they are Nebraska...and all they need to do is show up and they'll win. Inconsistent fundamentals play (poor tackling, fumbles, etc), poor discipline (penalties in particular), and in some cases, not playing the right players. How they cannot get Jamal Turner on the field more is mind boggling. He's 100% better athletically than Marlowe...yet he rarely sees the field.
You know, I believe you're right. Nebraska has long had a reputation to live up to and this year was especially expecting with the excitement of the move to the B1G. I personally think Taylor Martinez is at the head of this problem. He carries himself and communicates in a certain way that says "I'm better than most, but It doesn't matter that I can't prove it (just my thought). I don't think many of the other players respect that persona and they can't respect his signal calling because of that.

Jamal Turner isn't used enough. He seems to have the build and over-all look to be a great reciever. He is a freshman if I'm not mistaken. I'd like to keep a closer eye on him in the future.

I really like Kenny Bell's positive attitude. Every time you see him on TV he's speaking positively with respect and enthusiasm. He just needs to gain size and sharpen his cuts and sell fakes. To me, he kind of seems to lean in the direction of his cut before he gets to the breaking point.

The reason Nebraska doesn't have a passing game is because Martinez can't throw consistently and because of that, they don't have looks that are always there. There's a lack of connection and confidence between quarterback and reciever and so they never get that anticipation of a probable big pass play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 03:09 PM

509 posts, read 1,698,435 times
Okay ! no half back for Martinez . how about using him as as a scatback . much like Frank Solich was used when he played for Nebraska in early 60s . don't recall what the official term was for his position ,but i called him a scatback . give him the ball and he was gone . what impressed me about him that as small as he was he was not afraid to get hit .

Old 01-13-2012, 02:57 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,470,921 times
I think the consistency comment is pretty accurate. There are occasions where Nebraska plays like one of the better teams in the country. When everything is clicking and they are playing great. They show this from time to time. Then the rest of the time they look absolutely horrible and struggle against non ranked teams.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:55 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,868,319 times
I love watching the Huskers play but I know absolutely nothing about what it takes to coach a winning team. Looking back on my High School days we had one of the WORST teams in the state. It was ironic because when I was in grade school I absolutely lived for football. I can't think of anything I hated more than playing football in High School. Hindsight being 20/20 I wish I would have never played. I wonder if maybe that is part of the problem with the Huskers--- they aren't enjoying the game?

GL2

Old 01-13-2012, 04:38 PM

624 posts, read 1,309,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I love watching the Huskers play but I know absolutely nothing about what it takes to coach a winning team. Looking back on my High School days we had one of the WORST teams in the state. It was ironic because when I was in grade school I absolutely lived for football. I can't think of anything I hated more than playing football in High School. Hindsight being 20/20 I wish I would have never played. I wonder if maybe that is part of the problem with the Huskers--- they aren't enjoying the game?

GL2
Sometimes they don't seem like they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska