Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:51 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,011,500 times

Advertisements

Ranger,

There were "other" things going on. And some of these things were covered in the media. Heck, not too long after going to Ohio he was arrested for DUI. There were many reports that similar things were occurring in Lincoln. Furthermore, it had long been put out that Pederson and Solich did not get along at all for personal reasons.

Why did they pay him his $900K buyout?? Well, because its not worth the 900,000 to go through the public process of showing they could fire him for cause...even if they could. The bigger reasons Solich were fired were 1) because Pederson disliked Solich and 2) Pederson wanted to get rid of the old and establish his own culture at NU.

No one is tearing down Solich...they are just saying that there is a lot more to it then you're presenting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 12:58 PM

193 posts, read 1,028,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpoulsen View Post
Ranger,

There were "other" things going on. And some of these things were covered in the media. Heck, not too long after going to Ohio he was arrested for DUI. There were many reports that similar things were occurring in Lincoln. Furthermore, it had long been put out that Pederson and Solich did not get along at all for personal reasons.

Why did they pay him his $900K buyout?? Well, because its not worth the 900,000 to go through the public process of showing they could fire him for cause...even if they could. The bigger reasons Solich were fired were 1) because Pederson disliked Solich and 2) Pederson wanted to get rid of the old and establish his own culture at NU.

No one is tearing down Solich...they are just saying that there is a lot more to it then you're presenting.

I agree with what you are saying...I just hope that we can get the program back on track. I feel sorry for the players. It isn't going to happen overnight but it will happen. I hope Polini makes it as hc. Who knows though...anything can happen. I just want to watch some good football!

Old 10-26-2007, 01:06 PM

635 posts, read 1,747,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;1837887
GO UT
I don't dislike Texas Fans, but they can sure be a nuisance to the peace.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:14 PM

11 posts, read 40,959 times
Bull Dust

The DUI was AFTER he left.

Prove me wrong - show me real news (not blogs, not pool room talk, not bar talk - but Real news) that supports your side of the story. Real news.

The fact is, folks like u had to make this trash talk up to cover the fact you made a big mistake. And, now your paying for that mistake.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:16 PM

PS

I don't like Tx fans myself - unless they are beating Ne.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:29 PM

300 posts, read 1,179,690 times
Ranger - Do you HONESTLY think that we FANS, mere FANS, of the Huskers can do piddely squat about what coach to hire and fire?!?!?!
Hell, if we had that much say and control, Peterson would have gotten a kick out the door before he even tried to come here!
But no. PETERSON had that control. HE was the one who decided who to hire and who to fire. Not "us". There is no "YOUR paying for that mistake". We are VICTIMS of that mistake.
So go troll somewhere else.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:18 PM

Blame who ever you want, but 4 yrs ago one hell of alot of Husker fans wanted to get rid of Frank. They wanted the "new" as they had grown tied of the old.

When he was fired, you became the laughing stock of college footall. No one understood why a 9-3 coach one season removed from playing for the national championship would be fred. ESPN U still talks about it and your still the laoghing stock.

So, to cover up the fact you fied a good coach and got rid of the best def. coord in college football, you and those like you had to come up with trash talk - your "real" reason Frank was fied.

But, all that "real" reason is no more than bar talk, pool room talk, back office talk - - you and those like you do not have one creditable news source for you vicious gossipe - now, you go play some place else.

Am I off base? - -prove it with one creditable source. Walk your talk, That is all you have to do.

You are now wallowing in the mediocracy of college football and your going to be there for a long time.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:56 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,149,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usranger74 View Post
Blame who ever you want, but 4 yrs ago one hell of alot of Husker fans wanted to get rid of Frank. They wanted the "new" as they had grown tied of the old.

When he was fired, you became the laughing stock of college footall. No one understood why a 9-3 coach one season removed from playing for the national championship would be fred. ESPN U still talks about it and your still the laoghing stock.

So, to cover up the fact you fied a good coach and got rid of the best def. coord in college football, you and those like you had to come up with trash talk - your "real" reason Frank was fied.

But, all that "real" reason is no more than bar talk, pool room talk, back office talk - - you and those like you do not have one creditable news source for you vicious gossipe - now, you go play some place else.

Am I off base? - -prove it with one creditable source. Walk your talk, That is all you have to do.

You are now wallowing in the mediocracy of college football and your going to be there for a long time.
At best the state was divided over the firing, most of the state wanted at least another year because we had so many coaches. We wanted Pelini, alot of people wanted Pelini, Pederson never gave him a shot. Go to huskerpedia and read the articles. There is plenty of them and while you are there pull up some to support what you are saying. No program can stay on top, Oklahoma struggled for awhile and I even believe Texas stunk for a while. How classy is it anyway for you to come on this forum and beat up on Nebraska fans. I cannot speak for every single fan, but as a majority when we were on top treated our opponents with class.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpabes View Post
At best the state was divided over the firing, most of the state wanted at least another year because we had so many coaches. We wanted Pelini, alot of people wanted Pelini, Pederson never gave him a shot. Go to huskerpedia and read the articles. There is plenty of them and while you are there pull up some to support what you are saying. No program can stay on top, Oklahoma struggled for awhile and I even believe Texas stunk for a while. How classy is it anyway for you to come on this forum and beat up on Nebraska fans. I cannot speak for every single fan, but as a majority when we were on top treated our opponents with class.
Maybe I was in a differnt Omaha as don't recall many "fans" wanting Frank to stay. I do agree that many did want to keep Pelini. And, maybe he will be back.

I came on this forum to point out that many NE fans have and still are talking trash about Frank when there is no real evidence (stress no real evidence) he was anything but a good coach.

And, it was easy to treat you opponetns with class when you were beatng them 70-12. But, now many many fan can't even treat their team with class!!

The good news is, UNO has a good football team.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:14 AM

482 posts, read 2,226,434 times
And Danny Woodhead is going to set the college rushing mark so high at Chadron State that it could be years before anyone comes close. He was not good enough for Billie Ball at UN-L. GO CHADRON STATE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska