Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 05:44 PM

5 posts, read 23,358 times

Advertisements

I was wondering what the Lincoln Police Dept would do when they have a neighbor caught on video throwing food on the other neighbor's lawn?

We had this happen in February with our neighbor. We were gone and when we came back, we checked our security camera and caught the neighbors getting into their car, and the wife coming to the passenger side of the car, and had a piece of pizza in her mouth, then she took it and threw it across their car and it landed in our front lawn. She looked for a split second, got in the car and they took off. We came home to find the piece of pizza in our yard. We called and spoke with the police. THey had an officer come out, and they took pictures of the pizza, filed a report, and within an hour, the people were home. THe office came back, and it looked like he had his ticket pad with him.

This was back in February that this occured.

I just wondered how they went along with dealing with this? Do they give our warnings or tickets?

The officer asked for the video to put into evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 08:26 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,921,401 times
We came home to find the piece of pizza in our yard. We called and spoke with the police.

Just goes to show there's someone for everybody- I'm so glad you two found each other-takes you both out of circulation

Old 04-04-2013, 01:40 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,469,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guessingmama03 View Post
I was wondering what the Lincoln Police Dept would do when they have a neighbor caught on video throwing food on the other neighbor's lawn?

We had this happen in February with our neighbor. We were gone and when we came back, we checked our security camera and caught the neighbors getting into their car, and the wife coming to the passenger side of the car, and had a piece of pizza in her mouth, then she took it and threw it across their car and it landed in our front lawn. She looked for a split second, got in the car and they took off. We came home to find the piece of pizza in our yard. We called and spoke with the police. THey had an officer come out, and they took pictures of the pizza, filed a report, and within an hour, the people were home. THe office came back, and it looked like he had his ticket pad with him.

This was back in February that this occured.

I just wondered how they went along with dealing with this? Do they give our warnings or tickets?

The officer asked for the video to put into evidence.
Amazing! I can't believe people call the police for such trivial nonsense. You should move to southern California you would fit right in Orange County.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:35 AM

Why should we have to put up with people like them throwing food into our yard? Would you like it if you came home to a trashed yard? We live in a nice neighborhood and unfortunately this is the only rental home on our block. They dont care how they treat the home. Why are you dishing me for something that Im just asking about? Gosh.. Im not here to put anyone down... I just want a clean yard like the rest of the neighbors have. Its not like we can pick up our house and move it.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:48 AM

31 posts, read 85,861 times
Next time just pick up the trash and take it over to your neighbor and ask them if they misplaced the item. That or throw it in the trash and get on with life. No need to waste the police officers time (our tax dollars) for a partial piece of pizza.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:05 PM

Its not just about the pizza. They have lived next door to us for over three years now, and they dont care about keeping the house clean at all. They are constantly going to the gas station and letting the kids throw their candy wrappers, cups, chip bags, etc all over the place. We found a banana that had been opened and taken a bite out of, then put on our grass. About half an hour prior to this, we see their oldest son with a banana on his bike riding around. Wouldnt suprise me one bit with him just throwing it. Yesterday we see their 7 yr old son take a pop can and crush it on our grass near our mailbox, and laugh, then run off. Leaving the pop can there to lay. They have no garbage service since June of 2012. Tons of black bags sitting up near their home in the back, probably around 12 of them, the smell is aweful! We have a fenced in backyard and we would love to play, and have fun, but the smell is so bad that you cant stand to be outside and smell it. Weve tried contacting the landlords about these issues, but nothing was done. As long as they are getting their rent, they dont care. Even a home inspector came out and told the landlord he had to fix certain things on the home becuase it was a safety hazard, that the family wouldnt tell the landlords about becuase they didnt want to get charged for them. You would think as parents, these parents wouldnt want their child to get harmed. But they only think about having to pay for things. These people are renters and theyve come out and said they know they are not getting their security deposit back, so whats the point in keeping the house in shape? Maybe for us people on the block who wants to keep their street looking nice and clean? I was informed earlier that I need to take it to the next step and contact the county health dept. They can get finned for not properly disposing of trash. Maybe they need that for a wake up call.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:35 PM

461 posts, read 1,313,272 times
Have you ever just knocked on their door and politely asked them to stop littering in your yard?

Old 04-04-2013, 02:47 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
what kind of pizza was it?

Old 04-04-2013, 06:18 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,469,825 times
Maybe the CSI team could be called out to compare the bite marks on the pizza with the renters dental records.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:31 PM

Ok, never mind about asking. I didnt expect to get this kind of treatment here.

These people are so bad that we told by the poilce department to have no contact with them due to their behavior.

But to say the least, I got a paper from the courts today saying I was subpoena'd to court in less than two weeks. This chick thinks she's not guilty of littering. Well, its going to be comical to see the video being seen with her clearly throwing the food into our lawn. I wonder what she will come up with then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska