Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 04:52 PM

8 posts, read 30,447 times

Advertisements

I guess I am not aware of this house...or might have forgotten. My mother still lives there I will ask her! LP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 05:54 AM

482 posts, read 2,226,855 times
My family lived in Oxford during this time and my wife comes from Holdrege. So I traveled from Oxford to Holdrege many time on 6&34 and I do not rember seeing a round house from the Oxford turn to Holdrege. I also lived for sometime in Alma which is south of Holdrege so we traveled on this highway from Alma to Holdrege and I don't remember seeing a round house during the 80's in this area either. My daughter now lives east of Holdrege and I have not seen a round house in this area either. I am not sure about going north out of Holdrege going to I-80 or going to Elwood. I can tell you that there is a round house that is west of Holbrook on the north side of the highway about half way to Cambridge. Maybe this is the house you could be thinking of.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:58 AM

4 posts, read 13,047 times
Thumbs up Holdrege is a great place to live

Holdrege is small enough that you can know your neighbors and let your kids roam freely knowing where they are at all times. Jobs are plentiful here. Education is one of a kind (I attended 10 throughout the state, and just love Holdrege). Everybody knows everybody and watches out for each other. We actually leave our door unlocked and don't worry about it.
We do have a house for sale here that is totally new inside and out. So, would be maintenance free for the next person. We just want to move out to the country, just 6 miles north of town. This house is a three bedroom and located across the street from one of the elementary schools here. Would be perfect for your child. We would be willing to do some seller financing if need be.
Everything is within walking distance in this town. It is friendly and loving. They take the extra time needed with our special needs children (my husband works for the school). It is wonderful to see how they work with these children one on one. There are many resources available here to help you, also.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:59 AM

Thumbs up Holdrege.org

Check this website out. It will answer all of your questions!

Old 12-18-2007, 11:48 AM

Please see my reply earlier. If you have any questions, just e-mail me @ rahrah2@qwest.net.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:28 AM

2 posts, read 9,801 times
I sure hope you did not move to Holdrege casue I just moved from there from February. after moving there due to getting married to my new husband in 2004. Ihated it totally and my son that had ADHD had the worst possible education and they did not want to deal with it!! Jobs suck! I have lived in other Nebraska towns and Colorado and I thought people there were very narrow minded and most of them loved to gossip and ridicule and were snobby!! The town is trashy in most areas. The Tower (strip joint & bar) finally being torn down was of complete trash! Nothing to do there, but I give credit to nice YMCA built there. Good Luck to if you ever endure the place because I was the most depressed in my life living there!

Old 11-21-2011, 12:21 AM

2 posts, read 3,082 times
I'm looking to move to alma but I'm miles awAy and can't find
A way to find any houses to rent caN anyone help me?

Old 11-21-2011, 12:22 AM

2 posts, read 3,082 times
It's doesnt have to be in town

Old 11-22-2011, 04:52 PM

350 posts, read 741,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccirose View Post
It's doesnt have to be in town
Check out the Harlan County Journal. 308-928-2143. You may be able to mail them a check and they may be able to mail you a copy. Also I would call a real estate agent. You can find that info through the phone book or website: Relocation Resources | Alma, Nebraska

Good luck!

Old 11-24-2011, 07:43 PM

252 posts, read 733,229 times
or, call 308-928-2569, and ask about Bugbee apartments and 4-plexes.

or, Deb Andrews @ 308 920 0056. She is a broker for home sales, but may know if any are 'for rent.'

And, because Alma sets on the lake, residents sometimes live in a cabin or at Taylor Manor or at North Cove cabin area. You might ask Deb Andrews about that if it interests you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska