Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 08:44 PM

370 posts, read 1,357,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpoulsen View Post
actually have my doubts that the person was randomly pulled over because their driver's license was suspended. That doesn't seem to track and I'm not sure if police even have that capability (but I may very well be wrong). As the previous poster noted, what if another family member was driving your vehicle. The suspension of your license does not equal suspension of your vehicle. More likely they pulled you over for some other reason and then ran your name and discovered you had a suspended license. I'd be interested in the precise order of things as that might actually bear on your whether or not you have a case.
If they were in a small town, and the driver was known to the local officers for some reason, I could see them knowing he was suspended and then pulling him over. In fact, that happens a lot.

In a larger town, I would guess there was some other circumstance.

Or they could have been in one of those areas where the cops have the ALPR (Automatic License Plate Readers) on their car which reads plates and automatically runs them against data bases for warrants, stolen vehicle, and even suspended registered owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 02:43 PM

1 posts, read 438 times
I'm pregnant was at a friend's house. Waiting for her kids to get off the bus. I had a stress full day. And my allergies were acting up. Which in fact made me have an asthma attack. Which my lungs where closing. My husband didn't have license. New that his child may had been at risk. If I was not rushed there. Was not close to the hospital. He took me had to leave the bus stop. Where the children still needed be picked up.but my life n the baby was on the line. So he dropped me off. Then went back for kids. Upon coming back to me he got pulled over and arrested. Any way if I have hospital documents stating. That the fetus and me could have died. If oxygen couldn't get to baby. Wouldn't still be pregnant. Will they give him a break

Old 10-31-2015, 02:07 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,409,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabithaarms View Post
I'm pregnant was at a friend's house. Waiting for her kids to get off the bus. I had a stress full day. And my allergies were acting up. Which in fact made me have an asthma attack. Which my lungs where closing. My husband didn't have license. New that his child may had been at risk. If I was not rushed there. Was not close to the hospital. He took me had to leave the bus stop. Where the children still needed be picked up.but my life n the baby was on the line. So he dropped me off. Then went back for kids. Upon coming back to me he got pulled over and arrested. Any way if I have hospital documents stating. That the fetus and me could have died. If oxygen couldn't get to baby. Wouldn't still be pregnant. Will they give him a break

So why doesn't he have a license? This reminds me of my dd, who doesn't have a license or insurance, but still drives. She drives her BF car, and doesn't live with us and is almost 19. So, say she had such an emergency, and was speeding to the hospital and got pulled over? Is the cop supposed to take pity on her because she's been eligible to apply for a DL for 3+ years, and just won't do it?

Every time you drive its NOT a life-or-death emergency. For the times it is such an emergency, drive as fast as you SAFELY can. If a cop pulls you over, don't you think he will give you more of a break if you are playing by the rules? If you have a valid DL, valid insurance, your stickers and registration are all up to date, don't you think he's going to be more easy with you than someone who thinks the rules aren't for him, there's always an excuse?

Another question---why didn't you call 911 if it was so life-threatening? They could have administered oxygen immediately. Your story doesn't add up. You probably got short-of-breath due to some illegal substance and didn't want cops smelling it in the house----

So, GET A DRIVER'S LICENSE!

But you can't afford it, right? Then how do you expect to support you new child? Oh, guess some government program will pay for that, so---tell it to the judge and hope they buy your sob story. See, you wanna play the game, you gotta follow the rules!

Old 10-31-2015, 02:10 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,409,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lserhan View Post
On approximately May 10th my fiancee was taken to the hospital via the ambulance services because of chest pains. On April 20th I had lost my license because of a DWI via the ALR hearing. I didn't get sentenced officially until May 12th (at that time I lost my license for a year and got 2 days jail time). Nobody offered to let me ride with him to the hospital and after making several calls to try and find a ride, but having no luck, I drove myself out to the hospital. I made it out there okay, but when they said that he wouldn't be released until at least 8am the next morning, I ended up driving myself home. On the way home, an officer randomly pulled my plates and saw that my license was suspended and he pulled me over. I explained the circumstances and he obviously verified my story and ended up writing me a ticket and towing my vehicle but he did not arrest me. In fact, he gave me a ride home. What can I expect to happen in this situation. I have not been driving, but I did get SR22 insurance in case I can get approved for a work permit. I'm still waiting to see if my job will cover me under their insurance. What kind of jail time and fine should I expect? Will they take my license for another year? I am on probation for 9 months for the DWI. I got that along with the 2 days.

Hey, ever hear of a taxi? That's what you do when you don't have transportation or a valid license. See....Driving is a PRIVILEGE not a right!

h, you can't afford a taxi? Maybe you should have saved some of your money, its called an emergency fund......strange idea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska