Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 11:55 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,715 times

Advertisements

If you don't know we get a bunch of refugees dumped on us yearly, they are given approximately 1100 bucks before being kicked out of their buses and onto our back yard, the are illiterate not only in our language but their own, the have no job skills, no education and they become OUR public burden, this is on top of our own natural born burdens.. it is time to put a stop to this, pick up the phone, get yourself on facebook, shoot off an e mail and tell our public officials

NO MORE REFUGEES IN NH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 12:32 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
A few more details would help. How many, from where, etc

Old 07-11-2011, 12:58 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,217,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregw View Post
a few more details would help. How many, from where, etc
+1

Old 07-11-2011, 01:15 PM

93,389 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Lewiston Maine has issues with refugees that came by way of Atlanta. Many have been going to many cities in the Northeast and Midwest too.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:51 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,187 times
My father was forced to flee the country of his birth at the age of two with his mother and older brother when his father was beheaded.
My mother's father decided to leave the country they were living in when the family down the street disappeared and the Germans took over their house.
They both came to the US.
I'm not about to pick up the phone and tell anyone that we don't have room for refugees.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
My father was forced to flee the country of his birth at the age of two with his mother and older brother when his father was beheaded.
My mother's father decided to leave the country they were living in when the family down the street disappeared and the Germans took over their house.
They both came to the US.
I'm not about to pick up the phone and tell anyone that we don't have room for refugees.

Your father most likely came with either skills, a desire to work, coupled with the ability to do so, or the attitude that he would make a name for himself here.. these people have none of that, they are prepackaged welfare recipients dropped off here with nothing and ready to be placed on the machine, something neither NH nor the nation needs. we have enough starving, lazy, uneducated people who were born here naturally, and way too many sneaking in illegally through our borders as it is...Unless of course you are willing to personally take a family in and feed and clothe them your opinion has no validity.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:28 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Your father most likely came with either skills, a desire to work, coupled with the ability to do so, or the attitude that he would make a name for himself here.. these people have none of that, they are prepackaged welfare recipients dropped off here with nothing and ready to be placed on the machine, something neither NH nor the nation needs. we have enough starving, lazy, uneducated people who were born here naturally, and way too many sneaking in illegally through our borders as it is...Unless of course you are willing to personally take a family in and feed and clothe them your opinion has no validity.

Agreed. Those who think we should be a never ending open door for the rest of the world should start sponsoring those people that come here-they can support them, feed them and be responsible for them should they break the law-you know the way it used to be. I personally am sick of paying for not only illegal aliens but all the refugees that have been dumped on NH and the USA. No one has a right to come here-it amazes me people think that they do. I think this country has been more than generous and welcoming-in the last 40 years our population has increased over 100 million due to illegal aliens and legal immigrants-way too many people in only 40 years. We have enough of our citizens who our sucking tax payers dry via entitlements don't need to add more to the mix.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:40 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,187 times
Quote:
As I wrote, he was age 2 so I doubt he came with skills, a desire to work or any kind of an attitude.
You were talking about refugees, not illegal aliens. perhaps you have trouble telling the difference.
Evidently you don't appreciate what it is like to live in a country where you don't have to worry about you and yours being carted off in the middle of the night. If you think it's a party maybe you can go try it. Plenty of war zones out there to choose from.
If you think my family - or any wave of immigrants - was welcomed with open arms then you don't know very much about how immigrants are treated when they come to the US. Thankfully your type of mentality didn't dictate US political policy in the early and middle part of the 20th century.
And thanks so much for offering your opinion that my opinion has no validity. I think I know what to make of that.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
[/b]

Agreed. Those who think we should be a never ending open door for the rest of the world should start sponsoring those people that come here-they can support them, feed them and be responsible for them should they break the law-you know the way it used to be. I personally am sick of paying for not only illegal aliens but all the refugees that have been dumped on NH and the USA. No one has a right to come here-it amazes me people think that they do. I think this country has been more than generous and welcoming-in the last 40 years our population has increased over 100 million due to illegal aliens and legal immigrants-way too many people in only 40 years. We have enough of our citizens who our sucking tax payers dry via entitlements don't need to add more to the mix.

And I might ask..where is the reciprocation? Where are the funds from other countries to help ease the burden of taking care of their unwanted poor ( best believe they have the money too) Where is the tanks among those who come here? Is it in the money they milk from the system, or n the crimes they commit? Or perhaps it is in the way the boggle down our legal system repealing their deportations?

Old 07-11-2011, 04:46 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times
Quote:
And I might ask..where is the reciprocation? Where are the funds from other countries to help ease the burden of taking care of their unwanted poor ( best believe they have the money too) Where is the tanks among those who come here? Is it in the money they milk from the system, or n the crimes they commit? Or perhaps it is in the way the boggle down our legal system repealing their deportations?
As you know, there are no funds from other countries-only scowling if we dare want to enforce laws or not give their citizens freebies. Not only do we taxpayers support those poor who come here-legally and illegally but many of those who come here send the $$ back home. Just look at Mexico, for an example, tourism is their #1 industry, $$ wired back home from the US is #2.

We in NH and the US take in all these African refugees and pay to support them, yet how many billions in aid are we sending to Africa-which by the way-seldom reaches Africa's poor. Instead it goes to buy palaces for one of the kings wives or mistresses. All the $$ sent to Africa from the US and the world and poverty and Aids are still a huge problem. It is a disgrace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire