Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:59 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,971,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
Ohhh halloween eeekkkkkkk!!! I hate scary movies, with the hubby getting night shifts at the PD once in a while I try to minimize the fright factor, being home alone at night cures you of needing those adreneline rushes lol. When I was growning up , to me, New England was always "haunted" all the houses were haunted, I always imagined hearing footsteps in the attic, or opening the door and seeing a ghost child sitting on the basement steps..I think subconsiously it always stuck with me.

Buuutt speaking of Halloween it looks like we're getting ready for here! I passed by the Hallmark store today and they had their window all decked out in autumn/halloween.. I tried to get a good picture but no matter where I stood there was a sun glare, but this is the letter of 9 evils lol
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0038.jpg (broken link)

Theennnn tonight at music festival I saw a new window that musta been decorated today of all pumpkins.. not the best picture either but I was trying to get it dark to see the faces all lit up.. Every morning I wake up it seems more and more leaves are changing, the season and holidays are definetly upon us and its starting to feel that way up in NE. Esp on a day like to day when it was 75 degrees out and 44 at night. BBBBBrrrr Feellss goooddd!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0026.jpg (broken link)
The windows look so great!! I am really jealous. I am sweating my rear off here. I want some cool weather. It is 87 at midnight here...sigh.
Ohh, I saw The Haunting, the original black and white version, when I was a kid. There is a scene where there is a face in the wallpaper I guess it is, and to this day that still has me freaked out..lmao. I see that face lookin at me sometimes when I am alone. I keep joking with my hubby that we will buy a house in NH that is haunted, that is how our luck goes! Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 01:00 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,971,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
Suzet

People feel threatened because by leaving you are not AFFIRMING them that their lifestyle is the best.
Bob, I totally agree with you!!

Old 09-02-2007, 01:38 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,502,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
Suzet

People feel threatened because by leaving you are not AFFIRMING them that their lifestyle is the best.
I totally agree with you. I was so sick of hearing why are you moving from Fla. its PARADISE!! Like they were trying to convince me that this place is a gift from god and I'm throwing back in his face for moving away. Ugh my paradise is NOT watching 80 year old men in speedos on the beach with leather skin. Or gated communities telling me I can't park my car in the driveway becasue its a pick up, or I can only have a certain kind of mailbox and a palm tree just so in my yard. Forget that... Its funny becasue 2 days ago I was at the gas station and I saw an RV and I walked behind it and the plate was Florida and it was Lee county, which is where I lived, and the woman in the Rv was next to me and I just said ohhhh Lee county we moved from there a little whiles back. You know trying to start a friendly convo. .Oh god I rememered right there why I moved out, the rudeness in her voice, the demeaning looks, her reply, I swear to you, "Why what's wrong you didn't like Paradise?" OMG if it was legal just to give someone a little pop in the mouth, you know just a little one. I'm immune to the rudness after 23 years of it but she's in my territory now. So I just asked her what brought her out of paradise to the real paradise of NH. She said they just needed a vacation away, to which I asked if it was such paradise why ever leave.. This may seem rude but thats a typical convo were I grew up. Just a rude answer with a rude reply .She just rolled her eyes and walked away, I smiled and strolled down Main street in my Paradise, I was happy to see em pass by, we don't need those kind here in NH

Old 09-04-2007, 09:55 AM

32 posts, read 131,968 times
Suzet2262 -

Are you going to be in Keene for the Pumpkin Festival? It's a lot of fun.

And just to warn you, they have been constructing a new rotary on Main St. that will *hopefully* be finished by the time you come for your visit, but judging by how things have been going I would prepare yourselves for a few detours. Not that that is a bad thing...Gives you a chance to see more of the town!

West Keene is definitely the place to live, IMO. I grew up there - nice houses, quiet, safe neighborhoods, and friendly people.

Is your daughter looking at Keene State? I just graduated from there, and I highly recommend the Safety Studies program (if she hasn't decided on a major yet).

Old 09-04-2007, 10:29 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,502,913 times
they're making new medians on main street by Keene state and the new rotary, I heard it might be done by october. I went down there and the new medians look awsome, they a row of lamps down the middle that look like old 1800's gas burning lamps. Very cool and old feeling.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,479 times
I am very excited for you! I think that you will certainly enjoy New England. I, myself, am a student at Keene State and graduating in May.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:06 PM

1,442 posts, read 6,512,550 times
Hi Suzette22. I've been wondering where you went. Now I know.

I have visited Keene and it is a really nice place. New Hampshire, overall, is a beautiful state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire