Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

New Hampshire: fresh air, asthma relief, allergies, home, transplant.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 09:32 PM

951 posts, read 1,657,812 times

Advertisements

Not that I 've seen. I was just thru there last week and it was very nice, albeit hot! I doubt there is much in the way of smog anywhere in NH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 05:53 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,962,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windchimes03561 View Post
Suzet - Try Zyrtec - it doesn't have the same ingredients as a lot of the allergy meds and decongestants - I also have to be careful because of panic attacks and Zyrtec worked for me in NY and never created any anxiety/racing heart/panic stuff. Since we've been up here I haven't needed the Zyrtec at all.
I will ask my Dr. to see if Zyrtec would be ok to take with the other meds I have to take cuz of this stupid disorder. Is Zyrtec also a decongestant? Sorry windchimes that you have to deal with panic attacks. They truly suck!!

Old 09-04-2007, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
Not that I 've seen. I was just thru there last week and it was very nice, albeit hot! I doubt there is much in the way of smog anywhere in NH.
Bry you talk about Hot?? LOL. Come out my way and see how hot and smoggy it is here!! And now we have a fire going on too, just to make the air more crappy. Plus we are having small earthquakes it seems every other day, you could come out just in time for the "Big One". I pray that my family has moved to NH before that happens. I swear I dont know if I could take that. Scarest thing that I know.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:07 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,182,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
I will ask my Dr. to see if Zyrtec would be ok to take with the other meds I have to take cuz of this stupid disorder. Is Zyrtec also a decongestant? Sorry windchimes that you have to deal with panic attacks. They truly suck!!
Hi Suzet - I believe Zyrtec works as a nasal decongestant as well as an allergy med. When I was rx'd Zyrtec I was on two meds for the panic attacks and there was no interaction - I've had panic disorder for 20 years and have learned not to let it bother me much. Since moving to NH with the slower pace of life and good people, the anxiety and panic attacks are much, much less. I only use meds when I absolutely have to now. I would suspect that once you are out of the "rat race" on a daily basis you'll do better with managing panic attacks and they will be less frequent because of less stress. Also, here's something for you to try - next time you feel really anxious and that a panic attack might be in the offing - tell it to come and get you - really try to force a panic attack - I'd be willing to bet it won't happen Also, I don't know what allergies you have, but one of my biggest problems was mold spores - where we are now either doesn't have much in the way of those or a different kind or whatever, but my allergies are next to nothing now - ragweed and freshly cut grass will trigger sneezing fits, but no more sinus problems or congestion, which is nice!

Old 09-04-2007, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windchimes03561 View Post
Hi Suzet - I believe Zyrtec works as a nasal decongestant as well as an allergy med. When I was rx'd Zyrtec I was on two meds for the panic attacks and there was no interaction - I've had panic disorder for 20 years and have learned not to let it bother me much. Since moving to NH with the slower pace of life and good people, the anxiety and panic attacks are much, much less. I only use meds when I absolutely have to now. I would suspect that once you are out of the "rat race" on a daily basis you'll do better with managing panic attacks and they will be less frequent because of less stress. Also, here's something for you to try - next time you feel really anxious and that a panic attack might be in the offing - tell it to come and get you - really try to force a panic attack - I'd be willing to bet it won't happen Also, I don't know what allergies you have, but one of my biggest problems was mold spores - where we are now either doesn't have much in the way of those or a different kind or whatever, but my allergies are next to nothing now - ragweed and freshly cut grass will trigger sneezing fits, but no more sinus problems or congestion, which is nice!
I have also had anxiety/panic for 20 years. I deal with it well for the most part, but every once in awhile an attack sneaks up on you and then you remember why they call them panic attacks. This constant heat makes them really bad right now. My Dr. put me on a new med, and I am going through the dreaded getting into my system side effects which tends to make you more anxious than normal. It is just a way of life for me now. I live an ok life, nothing like it was before the panic, but I am happy most of the time. I am glad you dont have to take meds all the time. They can be hard on you. I used to be like that (med free), and that is one of my goals when I move, to be able to calm down again to get off of them again.

One of the main reasons for moving to NH is to hopefully like you said, to get out of the rat race here, and live in a more quiet, caring, beauty all around, type of place. When I look at the pics people put up, I think to myself, how can you be anxious in a place of such beauty. But I am sure it will happen sometimes. The goal will be to not have them near as much as I do here.

As far as allergies, I am very allergic to newspapers. Lol. If I get near one or someone reads one that is very close to me, I start sneezing like crazy. The wind also triggers my allergies. We have so much dead brush on our hills and mountains from no rain, that when the wind starts up, whatever is blowin in the wind..that gets me going big time. I use Nasonex. No side effects to me at all, but it doesnt always do the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire