Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 07:01 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,184,094 times

Advertisements

one of the huge key reasons we are moving up there is perhaps all of our allergies. because in texas we could not air out our house properly, we were paying for allergen materials in our bedding and I have a special vacuum cleaner with those allergen filters. I even spray it down to kill bacteria after cleaning it. Pets were the worst thing we could do, but at the time it was nice to have company many years ago-we just deal.

we'd like to be able to open windows in any season to air out the house as much as we can. Here in IL we can do it only at night in certain months, then you have the humidity to deal with.

I'm looking forward to open windows, cooler air, and anti-stuffy noses. LOL here's to wishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 07:02 AM

and yes, i have many pairs of long underwear already packed tatoms! lol It won't take me 5 minutes to remember NH weather. lol

Old 09-07-2007, 09:25 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,498,585 times
I will say this, my allergies right now are killing me, right before the killing frost comes allergies seem to peak. They've been bad for the last couple weeks. Something is blooming, or dying off and releasing some allergen in the air. So you won't escape them totally, esp in spring where everything is blooming, but I'm finding my allergies worse right now then in the spring

Old 09-07-2007, 09:39 AM

This is Kats husband replying here.

For allergies, something that I have read a number of times and plan on using this coming spring is eat the local honey, not the clover stuff, but from the Bee Farmers local to the area. By eating some of this as spring begins, it is supposed to help your body provide defenses against the local allergies. From everyone I have spoken with and what I have read, it does work to severely reduce any allergy issues or remove them completely. Not sure why I havent done it myself yet as I love honey, but sometimes it can be hard to find the local honey anywhere.

Thought I would throw that out for you.

As for A/C, I am thoroughly looking forward to not having an A/C Unit if it can be avoided. As much as I like to stay cold (65-70 inside if I can get it that far down) I am tired of the noise they produce, the cost to have and use them, and the general grime and dust build up they have. Be nice to just open from cross windows and let the breeze thru. 8-)

Old 09-07-2007, 09:50 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,054,078 times
It's probably ragweed blooming. Nasty yellow stuff.

My father-in-law was a beekeeper - as far as he was concerned honey would cure anything! (except his lupus). What are the state of bees up there? Are you having the same problem with bees dying/disappearing? we'd love to be able to buy local honey and support a beekeeper - heck, hubby wouldn't mind keeping his own bees, except he's concerned about the current bee problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire