Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 12:11 PM

951 posts, read 1,655,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthibodeau View Post
I'm a new poster here, so I thought this is a good way to introduce myself to you regulars. I'm a home/building/property inspector.
Howdy and welcome!!

How do you like the town of Weare? It's on my short list of towns, as I'm looking to relocate in NH. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 12:45 PM

452 posts, read 1,734,293 times
All and all, Weare is a great town. Like most, the town of Weare has experienced significant growth over the last few years. I moved to Weare from Goffstown in 1987 to get just a little further "out of town". Goffstown is a great town also but after 37 years, my location was becoming a little busier than I wished to deal with. Weare has good schools, average taxes, very little crime and a state park. We could use a little more business in town to support the tax base but that should, hopefully, come in time with the newest increase of residents. During this latest housing boom, Weare had one of the lower land cost which help spur the new construction market.
If you enjoy the winter sports, Weare is full of snowmobile trails and skiing is within a few minutes drive. Summer time has fishing opportunities in it's ponds, streams and rivers. The State Park offers swimming, fishing, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling and dirt biking along with hunting and hiking. Weare is 20 mins. from Manchester and Concord for shopping and other entertainment. Your 20 mins. from the interstate highway system and 30 mins. to Manchester/Boston Regional Airport. Hope this helps you. If you need any other info, just ask.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:35 PM

14 posts, read 77,543 times
LOL!!!! OH GOSH THAT'S GOOD!!! Thank you so much for sharing that! I could totally relate. I'm a stay at home mother of two toddlers-- ages 2 and 1, almost 3 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
As it says up there ^^ I'm a Realtor

Reminds me of an email I just got from my sister-in-law, any mom (and dads with a sense of humor?) may appreciate this one:

A man came home from work and found his child outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard.
The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog.
Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall. In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.
In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast-food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door.

He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened. He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door.

As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls. As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel.

She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went. He looked at her bewildered and asked, "What happened here today?" She again smiled and answered, "You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world I do all day?"

"Yes," was his incredulous reply. She answered, "Well, today I didn't do it."

Old 10-05-2007, 08:18 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,540,986 times
Red face Newbie Poster

Valerie C, that is one of my favorite emails too.

I'm a stay @home mom for two boys, 6 & 2 (aka my bug-a-boos) & married to a yankee.

I've been lurking around behind the scenes, enjoying all the wonderful insights of the locals; compelled to join as a member to view the beautiful pics. Thanks to all!

It just doesn't feel like fall to me without seeing New England this time of year; however, I was able to visit 4th of July for the first time this summer, & I loved the American spirit that was so prevalent everywhere! So I will continue to enjoy New Hampshire via CityData.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:40 AM

51 posts, read 171,052 times
I am a Network Test Engineer for Medical Devices.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:22 AM

960 posts, read 1,688,408 times
I'm a visual artist. A painter to be exact. I paint portraits, wildlife, and urban landscapes in acrylics, primarily.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:27 PM

371 posts, read 1,823,392 times
I'm a planner working in the private sector - economic analysis, long-range planning, etc.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:50 PM

147 posts, read 268,820 times
I am an antique/art dealer and my wife is a business systems analyst(she says she is a world conquerer on the side...age of empires joke).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire