Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:48 PM

951 posts, read 1,662,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remember-voltaire View Post
there isn't starbucks on every corner is there?
No, thank God. But there are Dunkin Donuts EVERYWHERE!!!! Now that's a workin' mans cup of joe.

I just buy the beans and make it at home anyway. MMMM.........coffee..........

You know how they make de-caf coffee?

They keep the beans up all night!! Yuk, yuk!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 08:54 PM

835 posts, read 2,883,422 times
"is there any info I have missed out and need to know about the town and state"

One thing that might be of interest to you or someone else is that there are veteran discounts available on homeowner taxes. The discount is now $500/yr.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:19 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,986,436 times
No starbucks here in Londonderry, at least for a couple of months. There is one in progress (land clearing is in process right now, along with a Taco Bell/KFC). *sigh* I wish it had been more of a sit-down place, even a chain like Olive Garden would have been preferable to a junk food/drive thru. Oh well, I guess this is "progress". We do have 2 Dunks, about 1/2 mile away from each other. And seriously, there is a Dunks within 1/2 mile of every exit off I93 and 495 in Massachusetts. I think it's a New England law We did have Krispy Kreme donuts for a year or maybe two. They went under pretty quickly. It's not about the donuts, it's about the COFFEE!!!

Overall, Londonderry has remained one of the more republican towns in southern NH. Honestly, we'll have to see what happens in the next elections. The last several years the town seems to be on a mission to spend as much as possible on public buildings. Now that the gargantuan police station and town hall are complete, hopefully the voters will smarten up and vote to stop living so large.

We have quite a controversial issue in town where one of the orchard owners has signs with his political point of view. We look at them as fodder for the dinner table. It's his land, and he has the right to put his opinion in writing. Some people disagree, here's some reading material on that subject:

Apple Farmer's Signs Stir Up Controversy In Londonderry - Local News Story - WMUR Manchester (http://www.wmur.com/news/13892153/detail.html - broken link)

Letters to the editor for Sept. 5, 2007 - DerryNews.com, Derry, New Hampshire

Old 09-28-2007, 04:57 AM

41,458 posts, read 59,946,426 times
Val - I strongly support Andy in his attempts to point out that not all is wonderful in never-never land. This just makes the town more attractive.

I also figure the town offices; police stations and firehouses are enough to serve the likely population as the undeveloped land becomes more nearly built out. Like we need a Taco hell. What we need is another branch of Shorty’s. Now there is good tex/mex food.

PM me -maybe we can get together some morning over coffee and chat

Old 09-28-2007, 11:08 AM

450 posts, read 561,075 times
this town sound great valerie, love dunkin donuts a real coffee not the other have to be seen place

you have to be a sicko to even watch that thing, having lived most of my life under national health care and can only come to the conclusions moore must have been on the wacky backy or acid when he did it or think people are thick to believe his stuff

6 months nearly for my mum to get checked for cancer and now it's been nearly two months waiting for the results

friend waited three years to get surgery on her veins

those two in my family in the last few years there's plenty of other stories how the national health care is a joke

Last edited by remember-voltaire; 09-28-2007 at 12:28 PM..

Old 09-28-2007, 11:48 AM

951 posts, read 1,662,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Val - I strongly support Andy in his attempts to point out that not all is wonderful in never-never land. This just makes the town more attractive.

Unfortunately, the loudest voices tend to speak in extremes and use questionable statistics to support their claims. Thing is, I will defend his First Amendment rights to the end. So more power to ya. I just think he's nut job.

As far as making the town more attractive? Well..........I wouldn't like it on my street. Sounds like he's being a bit selfish, and not thinking about what it does for the area. Obviously he's already gotten into fights about it.

I hope the guys apples are good.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:27 PM

450 posts, read 561,075 times
I hope the guys apples are good.
Today 11:08 AM

Old 09-30-2007, 08:35 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,986,436 times
The apples are great at Macks Last week I picked a peck of Honey Crisps, IMO the best apple of all.

While I might not agree with his politics or everything that his signs say, they do open the lines of communication. I think it's GOOD for kids to see these signs and ask questions, yes even the hard ones. I've tried to raise my kids to two things: THINK and QUESTION. To ask WHY. To be informed. Never to just go along with something because you're supposed to.

Personally, I thought it was very nice of Andy to remove most of his signs for Old Home Day. He didn't have to... it's his land after all Like I said, I don't agree with most of them, but that's ok. This is part of why it's nice to live in America, NH in particular!!

Old 10-01-2007, 11:05 AM

42 posts, read 161,553 times
Default Airport Traffic

I am really interested in the Town of Londonderry and was wondering if the airport traffic is worse in any particular area of the town. Right now I live about 10 miles north of a major airport and we have virtually no traffic.

Anyone living in the area have advice or comments?

Thank you!

Old 10-01-2007, 11:23 AM

835 posts, read 2,883,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMomto4 View Post
I am really interested in the Town of Londonderry and was wondering if the airport traffic is worse in any particular area of the town. Right now I live about 10 miles north of a major airport and we have virtually no traffic.

Anyone living in the area have advice or comments?

Thank you!
Although Londonderry is conveniently close to the airport , we get no traffic from it whatsoever due to the way the airport is situated out of the way. Go to Google maps and type in "Londonderry and Manchester Airport", where you can see exactly where they are located. You can also click on satellite view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire