Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 04:36 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,971,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
Well, Kr/Cr tried and died!! NE loves it's DD. I used to get DD often (just coffee,donuts are evil!), but now I just make it at home with free traded coffee. Much better!!
Haha, doughnuts are evil!! KK is dying out here too. I am not sure why really. Everyone used to go to KK and the closest one was 20 mins from where I live. I am not a big doughnut fan myself, but a good glazed doughnut does hit the spot once in a while. I dont drink coffee either. I am a hot chocolate fan. We have in a town of almost 200,000 people 1 DD, and it is in a kinda out of the way spot. Starbucks is another story!!! My god they are everywhere. We also have Coffee Kiosk. Makes it nice, you just drive up to get your coffee and go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 05:08 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,063,093 times
Dunkin Donuts are everywhere in New England. In the town of Vernon, pop. 30K we have 2 stores, (plus two others in a Supermarket and filling stations.) Over in Manchester- next town to the west, population 55k, they have 3 stores and more in supermarkets.

I am not a big donut fan- so while some cannot resist stopping for donuts and coffee-I drive right by. KK is done here-although you can still buy them in a supermarket.

DD world HDQ is in the Boston area- so if moving to NH-be prepared to see them in many places- they have become part of the local culture in New England. I know off topic to OP- just answering Suzets ......

Last edited by skytrekker; 10-06-2007 at 05:26 AM..

Old 10-06-2007, 08:12 AM

108 posts, read 342,117 times
Hmmm... Are there burger places or donut lovers rule NH?

Old 10-06-2007, 02:22 PM

951 posts, read 1,662,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
Dunkin Donuts are everywhere in New England.......
Here in Hyannis, which is just one of seven villages in the town of Barnstable, we have seven (yes, seven) DD's alone! If I were to count all of them in the town, I think the number would be 11. There is only one Starbucks on the Cape and it's in Falmouth.

Somebody's making big bucks.........

Old 10-06-2007, 05:02 PM

450 posts, read 561,075 times
In the town of Vernon, pop. 30K we have 2 stores

skytrekker thought you were in connetcuit(sp) or is there a manchester there in that state too

bigfry said
Somebody's making big bucks

well it aint me

where my wife comes from and escaped from quincy there is a little graveyard at the back of her old house and there's a stone there saying that the inventer of the donut rest there

Now I have no idea why I felt I would give you that peice of useless info but maybe it will have you sleep better knowing it

stay tuned for more useless facts from voltaire in the future

Old 10-06-2007, 06:11 PM

148 posts, read 521,874 times
I love Dunkin Donuts they are my favorites. I have a good friend from New Hampshire. I am not sure where though. I live in weirton West Virginia just moved here. But I am so tired of the hot weathers and dryness. I told my hubby that we should move further north. Yeah I may hate the cold but I can always stay inside.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:44 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,971,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
Dunkin Donuts are everywhere in New England. In the town of Vernon, pop. 30K we have 2 stores, (plus two others in a Supermarket and filling stations.) Over in Manchester- next town to the west, population 55k, they have 3 stores and more in supermarkets.

I am not a big donut fan- so while some cannot resist stopping for donuts and coffee-I drive right by. KK is done here-although you can still buy them in a supermarket.

DD world HDQ is in the Boston area- so if moving to NH-be prepared to see them in many places- they have become part of the local culture in New England. I know off topic to OP- just answering Suzets ......
Well if you want to get technical about it...jthibodeau brought up DD. Just giving ya a hard time there sky

Old 10-06-2007, 08:18 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,986,436 times
You know something? I can't think of any burger joints... oh wait. There is SKIPS HAMBURGERS in Merrimac MA. I'll start a new thread, with some details, since this one has gotten so far off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSnow View Post
Hmmm... Are there burger places or donut lovers rule NH?

Old 10-06-2007, 08:21 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,063,093 times
Yes there is A Manchester in CT remember-Voltaire
population 54,000

Old 10-07-2007, 08:23 AM

39 posts, read 176,723 times
QUOTE: And, As some may be happy to know, Weare got there first DD this year too.

I'm dying down here in Georgia...there are DDs...but the coffee is awful! Perhaps its the water...maybe the fact that I believe they do not use light cream here, but half and half. I dunno...but not the Dunkins I love, that's for sure.

When I was a truck driver, and living in New Hampshire (HOME!!! I MISS IT), I knew just about every DD you could get a truck near (72' of vehicle is not easy to maneuver lol) from Wisconsin to home...lol. Even my truck knew the way...sometimes the directional would go on to get off an exit near a DD...and I didn't even remember consiously making the decision to get off..lol.

With regard to Warner to Hanover commute...I-89 can get real icy in spots. For some reason right around New London they have a hard time of keeping the roads clear of ice...must be wind patterns or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire