Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 09:58 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I know of most of them only because I work for the utility and have access to their power bills .

We were also able to pinpoint all the medical marijuana (or regular marijuana) growers that way.
Now i like that..... very funny too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 07:12 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
Stay warm and safe all my future NH neighbors and friends! News of your winter conditions has traveled all the way out to Montana.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:30 AM

Well at least the news is getting out... That's more than we have in inches of snow now..... LOL

I have a less than typical 2 inch dusting from the wee hours of morning and that is tapering off now.

wind at dead calm, temps +16 here N Sandwich has temps at 14.5 at about 6 miles westish as the crow flies.

Even Mt Washington is mild at 0 winds at 25/30 mph......

Nemo????? must be coming..

Old 02-22-2013, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,007 times
I live in belmont new hampshire in an old farm house...first off i have never heard of a smoking ban in this town, 2nd to the best of my knowledge i havent come across a gun shop. The schools are top tier and my child is very active with other children. My husband and I came from a big southern town due to a transfer to nh and; even though it seems a bit rural in spots, this area is not straight farm country. its a small village with different types that leave well enough alone but would still wave as they walk by. Also,if your are interested in an old farm house DO NOt put a metal roof on it. The homes built in that time were not ment to have a roof that cant for lack of a better word breath. There has been serious damage including fire associated with metal roofs and turn of the century homes. As far as heating..welcome to New hampshire its cost alot anywhere you go. but here is a hint to help with the bill. Put a pellet stove in. we did and it keeps our almost 3000 square ft home warm. Good luck in finding a place and town to live in. We have town water, sewer, and trash pick up. Our water bill every three months runs 200. That because I have an OCD with cleaning LOL. My husband is getting transferred back to Florida so I know how hard it can be relocating to new areas. We just put our house up for sale we only been here two years put so much into this home and now we have to move LOL.

Last edited by Belmont1900; 02-22-2013 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: forgot to add a detail

Old 02-23-2013, 05:35 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont1900 View Post
I live in belmont new hampshire in an old farm house...first off i have never heard of a smoking ban in this town, 2nd to the best of my knowledge i havent come across a gun shop. The schools are top tier and my child is very active with other children. My husband and I came from a big southern town due to a transfer to nh and; even though it seems a bit rural in spots, this area is not straight farm country. its a small village with different types that leave well enough alone but would still wave as they walk by. Also,if your are interested in an old farm house DO NOt put a metal roof on it. The homes built in that time were not ment to have a roof that cant for lack of a better word breath. There has been serious damage including fire associated with metal roofs and turn of the century homes. As far as heating..welcome to New hampshire its cost alot anywhere you go. but here is a hint to help with the bill. Put a pellet stove in. we did and it keeps our almost 3000 square ft home warm. Good luck in finding a place and town to live in. We have town water, sewer, and trash pick up. Our water bill every three months runs 200. That because I have an OCD with cleaning LOL. My husband is getting transferred back to Florida so I know how hard it can be relocating to new areas. We just put our house up for sale we only been here two years put so much into this home and now we have to move LOL.
Belmont does have a gun shop-Belmont Firearms and Range, which is both a shooting range and they sell guns as well. Great owner, great employees, great people. It is on 106.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Belmont does have a gun shop-Belmont Firearms and Range, which is both a shooting range and they sell guns as well. Great owner, great employees, great people. It is on 106.
I saw her post but wasn't going to argue the point ........ That metal roofing bit is wrong too, as they can be built as air breathing as any roof perhaps more..... it just doesn't pay to argue with a person who hasn't drive 20,000 nails.

And IMO pellet stoves are only as good as the power.... I like certain tools to work when there is no power.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:33 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,138,851 times
"I live in belmont new hampshire in an old farm house...first off i have never heard of a smoking ban in this town"

ignorance of the law is no excuse - NH has a statewide ban on smoking in bars, restaurants and some workplaces. There are exceptions to the rules, and areas must be posted as such.

Love my pellet stoves - best investment I ever made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire