Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 04:35 PM

73 posts, read 596,218 times

Advertisements

Diner 317 in Plaistow on 125...(the old "Eggies"). excellent food at real good prices. Best Reuben I have had outside of NYC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 05:45 AM

586 posts, read 1,509,980 times
Second vote for Foothills in Warner and the Junction in Bradford. Also pretty good is the Blackwater Inn on Rt 11 in Wilmot (though it might be Andover by that point - can't remember.) Foothills has the best corned beef hash I have had, anywhere.

Everyone raves about Lou's in Hanover but I haven't been there yet (though I was across the street from it yesterday). They say the crullers are the best.

Not a greasy spoon and not particularly cheap, but definitely a local hangout -- Ellie's Deli in New London -- same location as where Jack's used to be. In fact, I am headed there now to pick up a cuppa coffee on my way over to Sunapee to ski.

Oh -- also that place in Portsmouth -- I forget the name -- with the burgers and fries...on a little side street near the Hilton Garden Inn and the Marriott Residence Inn...only counter seating, always jammed, open into the wee hours, just a small sidecar of a place...cash only... Anyone? Bueller?

Old 02-11-2011, 06:09 AM

263 posts, read 861,481 times
haha Notdancingqueen!! Boy, does THAT bring back some memories! (the Bueller reference) Love it.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:00 AM

1,274 posts, read 2,392,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notdancingqueen View Post
Second vote for Foothills in Warner and the Junction in Bradford. Also pretty good is the Blackwater Inn on Rt 11 in Wilmot (though it might be Andover by that point - can't remember.) Foothills has the best corned beef hash I have had, anywhere.

Everyone raves about Lou's in Hanover but I haven't been there yet (though I was across the street from it yesterday). They say the crullers are the best.

Not a greasy spoon and not particularly cheap, but definitely a local hangout -- Ellie's Deli in New London -- same location as where Jack's used to be. In fact, I am headed there now to pick up a cuppa coffee on my way over to Sunapee to ski.

Oh -- also that place in Portsmouth -- I forget the name -- with the burgers and fries...on a little side street near the Hilton Garden Inn and the Marriott Residence Inn...only counter seating, always jammed, open into the wee hours, just a small sidecar of a place...cash only... Anyone? Bueller?
Gilleys - next to the Hanover St Parking Garage. I was just there a few months ago! Great chili dogs...

Old 02-13-2011, 10:45 AM

639 posts, read 3,533,984 times
I was happy to see HOATIE'S in Hampton along Rte 1 on this thread. It's possibly our favorite place for breakfast & if it's too crowded there early in the morning? We'll just head south down Rte 1 to "Linda's" in Seabrook, it's another "good one". If you're ever out cruising the coast from NH to Maine at all? Check out The "Stolen Menu Cafe" up in York, it's very good, remember this one, especially their sticky bun french toast:

Breakfast and Lunch served at The Stolen Menu Cafe

It's located in the Long Sand's Plaza @ 127 Long Sand's Road in York on the way to the beach, on the right hand side, you'll see the plaza. It's just a little more expensive than the others mentioned here BUT well worth it if you're cruisin up thru there, even for lunch it's well worth it.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:27 AM

21 posts, read 38,909 times
Deja Vu in Laconia.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:56 PM

141 posts, read 282,977 times
Default The Fort in Lebanon

Anyone ever eat at The Fort? It is a truck stop in Lebanon and the food is real yummy! Lots of other fun stuff to do and buy there too!

Old 04-07-2011, 08:03 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,558,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbarcreek View Post
Anyone ever eat at The Fort? It is a truck stop in Lebanon and the food is real yummy! Lots of other fun stuff to do and buy there too!
One of our favorites!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire