Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 07:10 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,549,023 times

Advertisements

The Merrimack in Manchester is still closed, we will see what the new owner does with it.

Tilt'n dinner is great but a tad showy, it is a favorite during bike week

Shirley D's was a nice little choke and puke I believe it is now called the Red Barn

Whenever we head out toward the Henniker /Sunapee area we usually stop\
at the Village Eatry in Goffstown,

One thing about most of thers places ( and every place I have stopped for breakfeast) the coffee is often lousy.

My favorite breakfest place of all time is still IHop, but going to Salem every time I have a craving for pancakes and an omler is not ecomnimically
feasable.

I know some may want to shoot me but I am a Red Arrow disenneter. Since moving to the inner city I have tried it on three occasions by myself and have coem away underwhelmed. If not for the fact that many folks I ride with when we do group rides like to go there I would no longer go there at all. There are plenty of places around that will give you better food at the same price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 09:02 AM

2,257 posts, read 8,184,435 times
When at home in Bristol, my friends and I always go to a little place called Gilly's.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:50 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,549,023 times
Here is one I forgot earlier, Tookys in Contoocook. A hole in the wall with good food

Old 05-25-2009, 05:01 PM

27 posts, read 121,639 times
Lou's in Hanover is excellent, but it can get really crowded. Really good diner food and an awesome bakery too!

Old 05-25-2009, 06:04 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,966,763 times
Default MaryAnn's in Derry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplanner View Post
Lou's in Hanover is excellent, but it can get really crowded. Really good diner food and an awesome bakery too!
Thanks for the heads up nhplanner!

MarryAnn's in Derry has excellent food and service even with their recent expansion.

MaryAnn's Diner - Restaurant

Old 05-25-2009, 06:10 PM

263 posts, read 860,245 times
Longbranch in Raymond is good too. They expanded about 2 years ago...added another 8 or 10 tables to accommodate. Coffee is good too! : )

Old 05-25-2009, 06:11 PM

263 posts, read 860,245 times
Oh - we also really like the Airport Diner in Manchester on Brown Ave. Good portion sizes, reasonable prices, good coffee, friendly staff! The food ranges from the usual breakfast items (served all day) to meatloaf or homestyle turkey dinners! Yumm-o

Old 05-25-2009, 10:12 PM

680 posts, read 2,443,199 times
I like Lazy Susan's in Center Ossipee for the friendliness, Peterborough Diner in Peteborough for looks and the Marketplace Diner in Hollis (Market Place Diner, Hollis, New Hampshire) for the small town atmosphere.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,863,147 times
There is a new place in Londonderry between the Chinese Restaurant and Whippersnappers behind the Bank (green sign) just off Gilchrest road. Maybe ValC could provide some names. Run by the same folks that operates the station Restaurant (great food at high prices). The breakfast/lunch place has a creative and good selection and really good coffee. There is a take out place in Derry called Rigatoni’s that has really good Italian food.

Like Crazy Dave we frequently drive for entertainment. There is a good bakery in Greenville on RT 45. The there is the Peterborough Diner down by the river. Good food and somewhat crowded on weekend mornings. There is a really nice place in central Massachusetts in Turner Falls off Rt 2. Across the street is a natural history display about the Connecticut River that I found very interesting.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:13 PM

625 posts, read 2,437,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmjinnh View Post
The Remember When Diner in Rochester (Rt 11) is very good.
Meh. So-so and way overpriced. Best breakfast/lunch places in town are Sophies down the road (by Spaulding Exit 15) and Benedict's Cafe by Frisbie Hospital. Best Eggs Benedict ever.

Also, on Route 1 in Seabrook is Linda's Diner. AWESOME, and if I'm working night shift like during plant outages, it's not unusual to see more than a few people at 6 am downing a few beers with their bacon and eggs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire