Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 03:39 AM

73 posts, read 154,979 times

Advertisements

Hi folks!
I guess I could introduce myself--I've been lurking on the NH forum for the last year or two (or maybe 3...) I'm Erica, I'm currently living in the UK and am planning a move back to the states--and to New Hampshire.

We've finally reached a solid goal in our plan to move--and that's the fact that we've put our UK house on the market yesterday. And Happily enough we've had a showing yesterday and some more scheduled for next week. I'm hoping that even with the market being depressed like it is that it'll sell fairly soon and we can be that much closer to a home in NH.

So I guess aside from sharing that, I can now feel a little more free about asking questions about areas and places that we might choose to live.

Ok...I'm going back into semi-lurkdom!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 06:25 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,033,177 times
no need to lurk, erica! welcome out

Old 08-19-2011, 08:24 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,944,147 times
Welcome out, Erica Lots of room in the pool! Interesting that the real estate market in the UK is also depressed. The only good thing about the economy these days is that if you're buying, prices are way low, and interest rates are at an all-time low. Under 4% for a 30 year fixed... unheard of! Anyway, wishing you all the best that your showings turn into offers

It's also nice to see our Off Topic Chat Room being used again. Wanna, I just noticed you're down to 17 months--wow, when I first 'met' you it was 3 years + How time flies!!

Old 08-21-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
no need to lurk, erica! welcome out
Thank you WannaComeHome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Welcome out, Erica Lots of room in the pool! Interesting that the real estate market in the UK is also depressed. The only good thing about the economy these days is that if you're buying, prices are way low, and interest rates are at an all-time low. Under 4% for a 30 year fixed... unheard of! Anyway, wishing you all the best that your showings turn into offers
Thank you Valerie, I've been putting off posting since I wanted to wait until we were a lot closer to actually moving before I opened my mouth! LOL.

I read a lot on the board and it's been really helpful in learning about some of the towns and locations in NH. (I have ex-inlaws in Andover, and a brother in Berwick, ME (or I did--but I think he's moving soon). It's a scary but exciting time, and some apprehension (since I've never bought a house before I know next to nothing about it--and my husband only knows how it works here in the UK) but I've bought us a couple of books to read (Home-buying for dummies seemed to be recommended a lot so that was one of them), and we're reading through it.

I'm really hoping that we'll be able to sell the house quickly (I do want us to be able to get in on the currently depressed housing market--since that'll make things more do-able for us) The plus side is that when we buy a house we'll be cash buyers and no mortgage over us (which makes relocating a little less worrying!)

Anyway I'm totally babbling, but I think it'll be great for us both to make the move! (although I will need to get my husband some swimming lessons and get him in some of the lakes. And of course he's so excited about having space to breathe and not have to hear (and see) your neighbor right next door! (ok I am too!)

Old 08-30-2011, 08:38 PM

477 posts, read 899,754 times
I hope your relocation is "Brilliant!"

Old 09-03-2011, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHForester View Post
I hope your relocation is "Brilliant!"
Thank you! Things are moving along according to plan so far... I'm so nervous about it all! Plus My husband and I are trying to narrow down the areas in NH we think we may want to live (we've had a map of the state pinned on the wall for the last year LOL).

He was worried when he heard about Irene (they don't get hurricanes or tropical storms here) but I told him no matter what the weather dishes out (to wherever we move) we'll roll with the punches!

Old 09-03-2011, 11:40 AM

Irene was hit and miss here. VT took it really hard. Where we live, for the most part, it was no worse than a typical summer thunderstorm, minus the thunder. A little northest of here had a bunch of flooding, though. Weather variety is good.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:35 PM

14,020 posts, read 15,001,786 times
Default Manchester, NH chat thread

Well why not have a chat thread on the Largest city in the state?
Discuss.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:17 PM

124 posts, read 312,475 times
Well for ***** sake, we live in Manchester and they charge us for water!

Old 10-12-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gully Foyle View Post
Well for ***** sake, we live in Manchester and they charge us for water!
Of course they do. Why wouldn't they. It is a public water supply that takes money to build and operate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire